2.4 Teaser

I just got an email telling me Frontier developments just uploaded a video called 2.4 Teaser. When I go to the YouTube page it says video removed.

What's that all about?

I just got an email telling me Frontier developments just uploaded a video called 2.4 Teaser. When I go to the YouTube page it says video removed.

What's that all about?

I got a similar mail and could open the vid.

Seems legit to me. If it is, this may be the first documented fight between a Thargoid vessel and a Vette (of sorts):

YQ0T6NC.jpg

EDIT: New link: https://youtu.be/All1Fq3vt6U

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
Well you didn't miss much. It's just an edit of old footage, mixed with some shots of what could very well just be any of videos that players have recorded of Thargoid ships & structures.

"We thought we were alone"

No we didn't. The thargoids are nothing new.
Or is Elite: Dangerous not considered to take place in the same universe as its predecessors?

Or...when we awaken and de-identify from our human garment/slave identity into that which animates it.

..we realize WE are the Alien's.

No we didn't. The thargoids are nothing new.
Or is Elite: Dangerous not considered to take place in the same universe as its predecessors?

If i remember right the previous games are not part of the lore/story line of elite dangerous. I can't remember when it was but sure 2+ years ago there was discussion about the elite dangerous lore/story line and previous games and then Frontier dev said previous games are not part of canon.

No. Its Taipan fighter, one of the 3 ship launch fighters you have been able to launch from some ships since 2.2.

Well you didn't miss much. It's just an edit of old footage, mixed with some shots of what could very well just be any of videos that players have recorded of Thargoid ships & structures.

Yeah, just seen it actually.

Just clips of 2.3 footage we've already seen and a few frames of a thargoid ship facing a Corvette.

I wouldn't have minded if they had not bothered to re upload it, lol

I'll probably log back in six months from now and see what the QOL updates are like. This thargoid stuff is clearly just gonna be more combat zones and fetch/deliver missions.

They have the barcode light style effect on the planet view now?

1DBmnad.png

One frame, showing degradation :

ySoL3kq.png

I like the eye shape, for some reason reminds me of Tripods.

Also some glitches, presumably representing the Thargoid effect on our ships :

HWTLqRP.png

Oddly one star blinks in a few of the textual bits, it's the one below the "H" :

bXk4uwh.png

Now it's gone!! Probably nowt, just the rendering popping in stars :

r3kwmIK.png

Already posted, the orange things though?

kBRZCRL.png

Last edited:
I will say this, the trailers sure turn up the creep factor. Almost glad I am way far out from the bubble right now. The return trip from my Sag A*/ colonia trip will be interesting in my Asp X, with no weapons.....and no shields....I'm going to die aren't I? Need to dock in the bubble as soon as possible on the way back. Don't want to end up back at colonia.

OuterGTR

Banned
I will say this, the trailers sure turn up the creep factor. Almost glad I am way far out from the bubble right now. The return trip from my Sag A*/ colonia trip will be interesting in my Asp X, with no weapons.....and no shields....I'm going to die aren't I? Need to dock in the bubble as soon as possible on the way back. Don't want to end up back at colonia.

Creep factor? Are you serious? This specific trailer is creapy? Realy?

"We thought the galaxy was ours"

Was anyone else reminded of the opening of Space: Above and Beyond when they read that?

Top Bottom