News 2.4 The Return - Response to release date speculation!

I also find it taking a long time. Tomorrow they'll announce the release date of 2.4 So they delayed the release by more than 2 weeks.

How have they delayed the release. The only release date was the 3rd quarter and we are still in it. If it gets released in October, then you can say it is delayed.

I also find it taking a long time. Tomorrow they'll announce the release date of 2.4 So they delayed the release by more than 2 weeks.

They release right after the beta - people complain the bugs from beta weren't fixed.
They fix bugs after the beta - people complain there's a delay.

FDev really can't win, here, can they...
It almost look like people enjoy complaining more than the game. Shocking.

Like every other delivery ever...
It'll either get released on the last possible moment... Or when we're all in the bath/out/getting interdicted by a tropical storm or cyclone...

They release right after the beta - people complain the bugs from beta weren't fixed.
They fix bugs after the beta - people complain there's a delay.

I wouldn't complain if e.g. Multicrew had more non-combat role features. Seasons 2 has now taken almost 2 years. The speed of development is wonderful lol.

I wouldn't complain if e.g. Multicrew had more non-combat role features. Seasons 2 has now taken almost 2 years. The speed of development is wonderful lol.

You have a point about Multicrew, but I just can't see the connection between a (hopefully) stable release and non-combat features...

I have a gut feeling that you might be surprised how fast Thargoids will arrive after tomorrow's stream ...

(I think I have good arguments for this, but I won't present them here - because IF I am right, it would spoil the fun for those believing me. No arguments, no convincing of anybody. Which makes this a pretty useless comment.
I just want to be able to come back to this post and write: "I told you so!" :p)

Last edited:

NecoMachina

N
Why is this taking so long to come out? In all the previous betas the updates launched as soon as beta ended, like the day after. Why such a delay this time?
Previous updates they had the beta, ignored a ton of reported bugs and released anyways. What's the point of a beta if they aren't going to actually fix anything?

I'm quite happy to wait patiently while they fix bugs this time around. It seems they may be going about things in a more considered way lately, and it's much appreciated.

Why is this taking so long to come out? In all the previous betas the updates launched as soon as beta ended, like the day after. Why such a delay this time?

Most of the 2.4 content is/was locked off for the betas, and needs to be re-enabled and tested before Live release. I don't know if that's the reason for the longer wait this time, but I'm sure it contributed to it.

Probably a private beta still happening with specially selected and invited commanders behind nda.
We all know they have favourites who get invited behind the scenes etc.

Probably a private beta still happening with specially selected and invited commanders behind nda.
We all know they have favourites who get invited behind the scenes etc.

Do they? Hope that those blessed favourites are no pvp n00bs (did I say devs.?) otherwise the aliens will be easy to kill.

Last edited:
Do they? Hope that those blessed favourites are no pvp n00bs (did I say devs.?) otherwise the aliens will be easy to kill.
if the thargoids would be a challenge, all the noob player cry over the forum for a nerf.
i bet a cutter that the thargoids will be ez to kill as the high rez npc pirate´s

I have a gut feeling that you might be surprised how fast Thargoids will arrive after tomorrow's stream ...

(I think I have good arguments for this, but I won't present them here - because IF I am right, it would spoil the fun for those believing me. No arguments, no convincing of anybody. Which makes this a pretty useless comment.
I just want to be able to come back to this post and write: "I told you so!" :p)

Aaaaand I was wrong! :p

While tomorrow still migth be earlier then Cosmo expected, it is definitely not what I had in mind. And while it happens all the time that people state all sorts of nonsense here at the forum and never come back to their claims and eat their words, I want to do better ...

What I thought and seriously believed in was, that FDev had "snaked in" a surprise Thargoid attack into the live game code that would happen even before the actual 2.4 patch would be launched. And that a server-side toggle flip would be all that is needed to trigger it.

Why did I belive this?
- Well, the Thargoid ship models do exist in the game for quite some time now. No suspicious new game data would be needed for them.
- FDev decided they need an open beta for this patch, including a CG with decal as a reward. The content to be tested seemed quite marginal to me ... so why an open beta with a very tempting reward to "lure" as many people to download it as possible? What, if FDev had used the beta to deliver some hidden live-game update to as many users as possible?
- what would have been more surprising than some alien activity before the actual related patch would have landed?

Oh well ... it didn't happen. I was obviously wrong and I admit it hereby. :(
I am still more than excited about tomorrow and the Thargoids (active) appearancen Elite: Dangerous. I am looking forward to this patch more than to any other point update so far! :)
However I would have loved, if FDev would have had the same idea (and/or if this idea would have been feasible) and if the pattern of events would have been as described ... wouldn't it have been epic?

Last edited:
Top Bottom