2 Days without an accident

Yeah, I did expect more variation in terms of the little details (different NPC appearances such as uniforms depending on jurisdiction). The only difference I can see is whether there's the exact same arrangement of litter on the floor, or changes in the colour of part of the walls. The rest seems pretty identical to me which is why I don't feel overly enthused having to visit them. Once you've seen one you've seen them all.
It makes me really cross the amount of material thats wasted, considering the BGS which I thought was the trump card.

Deleted member 182079

D
I'm sure this won't take their focus away from important things and so I'd suggest the chasing of minor detail scraping like this isn't going to bear much fruit. What I will say is that the community do have a penchant for trying to find and report on as much minutiae as they possibly can and must consider Fdev omnipotent if they think stuff like this will ever change.

If you think it's important, you know what to do:

Make it important, if you can.
You seriously think the company that can keep bugged megaship looting in the game for over a year (despite numerous tickets) will even look at this? LOL.

I'm sure this won't take their focus away from important things and so I'd suggest the chasing of minor detail scraping like this isn't going to bear much fruit. What I will say is that the community do have a penchant for trying to find and report on as much minutiae as they possibly can and must consider Fdev omnipotent if they think stuff like this will ever change.

If you think it's important, you know what to do:

Make it important, if you can.
Its not a bug though, its just an ill thought out asset.

Its not a bug though, its just an ill thought out asset.
How do you know? It might be coded to calculate a value and it's just not working 🤷‍♂️

Joking aside, all this does is further confirm the priority of this is very low (even lower now). Even more so that what you just said is a matter of opinion. I see that sign, chuckle a bit because it's obviously just there as a humerous pastiche, and then get on with my life. If it never changes, the game won't suffer for it beyond a handful of forum members bringing it up maybe once every month or so when they finally spot it (or get touted as evidence that the game's unfinished, rushed or whatever else - simply adding one tiny additional cut to the thousands of other cuts people think are important enough to dilligently report upon, such as pizza boxes and pipes).

Last edited:
It's what made me stop trying to pirate. I kept finding megaships with ltds and lots of rares and it took me a bunch of limpets to figure out I wasn't doing it wrong. I don't care much for pvp so ship looting was gonna be my RP

tenor-2.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
It's what made me stop trying to pirate. I kept finding megaships with ltds and lots of races and it took me a bunch of limpets to figure out I wasn't doing it wrong. I don't care much for pvp so ship looting was gonna be my RP

View attachment 244101
Yeah it's frustrating - particularly because sometimes they can contain some of the rarer items, which I was after during my 'hoarding' phase with my FC.

The other day I picked up a 'disable megaship turrets' mission, and while I was there a scenario kicked off with pirates attacking it (and me at first, until I joined their side to keep doing what I'm doing there without being shot at), there were at least 10t of LTDs floating about just outside the holds but I couldn't reach them because of this old bug.

I feel sorry for the devs that came up with this (who knows if they even still work there) because their work for something in the game that is actually a lot of fun is completely wasted because of a simple hitbox/spawn issue that they for some strange reason refuse to fix.

Yeah it's frustrating - particularly because sometimes they can contain some of the rarer items, which I was after during my 'hoarding' phase with my FC.

The other day I picked up a 'disable megaship turrets' mission, and while I was there a scenario kicked off with pirates attacking it (and me at first, until I joined their side to keep doing what I'm doing there without being shot at), there were at least 10t of LTDs floating about just outside the holds but I couldn't reach them because of this old bug.

I feel sorry for the devs that came up with this (who knows if they even still work there) because their work for something in the game that is actually a lot of fun is completely wasted because of a simple hitbox/spawn issue that they for some strange reason refuse to fix.
I'd bet 5 dollars the devs that are no longer Fdev worked on someone those new space games coming out like fly dangerous

How do you know? It might be coded to calculate a value and it's just not working 🤷‍♂️

Joking aside, all this does is further confirm the priority of this is very low (even lower now). Even more so that what you just said is a matter of opinion. I see that sign, chuckle a bit because it's obviously just there as a humerous pastiche, and then get on with my life. If it never changes, the game won't suffer for it beyond a handful of forum members bringing it up maybe once every month or so when they finally spot it (or get touted as evidence that the game's unfinished, rushed or whatever else - simply adding one tiny additional cut to the thousands of other cuts people think are important enough to dilligently report upon, such as pizza boxes and pipes).
Its a static asset.

And its FDs own fault for not leveraging the BGS more- if assets like decals were state dependent, shops being open / shut and station adornments change people would see the BGS come to life and you'd have much more variety.

Instead FD made it as static as possible, and it shows.

Deleted member 182079

D
I know, I was joking (hence the bit where I said "joking aside" ;))

It's a static asset and it needn't ever change for the game to be better. It's minutiae. And I imagine Fdev will see it as such and will not, as I originally said above, allow something like this to draw their focus away from important things. PP first.
It's a small detail, that is true (I noticed it straightaway during the Alpha fwiw, although back then I thought "nice little detail, that's how much effort they put into this!" only to realise they didn't). But what it does is simply highlight the MVP approach they've been taking.

If you play the game for the gameplay loops' sake, sure it doesn't matter. If you play the game for immersion's sake mainly (which I do), every little detail - even as small as this - makes a positive difference and keeps things fresh. I can spend hours still just cruising around in GTA5 discovering new little details... a game from 2013. Witcher 3 is another example (2015 iirc).

I don't expect Rockstar levels of TLC but with EDO we're not even getting thrown a bone in this regard. I mean, you could push this narrative further and argue why they even bothered with 3 (lol) different concourses when they all do the same thing... who cares right.

It's a small detail, that is true (I noticed it straightaway during the Alpha fwiw, although back then I thought "nice little detail, that's how much effort they put into this!" only to realise they didn't). But what it does is simply highlight the MVP approach they've been taking.

If you play the game for the gameplay loops' sake, sure it doesn't matter. If you play the game for immersion's sake mainly (which I do), every little detail - even as small as this - makes a positive difference and keeps things fresh. I can spend hours still just cruising around in GTA5 discovering new little details... a game from 2013. Witcher 3 is another example (2015 iirc).

I don't expect Rockstar levels of TLC but with EDO we're not even getting thrown a bone in this regard. I mean, you could push this narrative further and argue why they even bothered with 3 (lol) different concourses when they all do the same thing... who cares right.
Did you also notice the other decal feature in the loading bays that isn't static? Just out of interest :)

Even most of the people at Walmart look the same. Half bald with a mullet and for some reason pink hair, wearing a tank top, looking like zoidberg out of his shell, wearing cutoff jeans shorts and either boots or flip flops depending on gender.

View attachment 244064

I'm tired of the lazy universe and it's generic NPCs
I hope to find a Walmart in ED - it’s probably on a generation ship !!

But it DOES impact gameplay. For example, the 'loot containers' are static too. Go into the habitat, around the corner and there will be a random loot thingy. Always on the same location. Stuff like that really means the limited layout even more limited. ED has a huge PG gameworld, and the only way to really add longevity to it is to also apply PG on the lower levels. You cant just have two dozen bases with virtually zero variation copy&pasted.

I know, I was joking (hence the bit where I said "joking aside" ;))

It's a static asset and it needn't ever change for the game to be better. It's minutiae. And I imagine Fdev will see it as such and will not, as I originally said above, allow something like this to draw their focus away from important things. PP first.
And it shows a lack of attention to detail by FD, and a schoolboy error on making assets in games.

If you are going to make an on foot environment, the first rule is you don't put something that looks dynamic but is just static right in your face at head height. As a background prop that is obscured a bit? No problem.

That same effort could have been put into a decal (like the ship ones) that are places on walls (like bullet damage).

I agree that its a low level thing, but it shows where FDs head was at planning all this.

Top Bottom