2 More Biomes?

I am theorising that there will be two more biomes in the game, a grassland biome and a temperate biome, the grasslands could be the North American Prairies, and the weather complications could be tornadoes or lightening storms, the temperate can be in the Eastern Seaboard of the US and the lightening storms could be the problem here

We'll see, it depends a little on long term plans for DLC. 3-4 biomes in total for base game sounds realistic.

As to what they could be, I feel the Swamps of the Southern US might be a bit more likely than the mixed woodlands of the east coast, but the prairie is a pretty likely one.

It really does not matter once we get to sandbox. We should be able to create any type of biome that we could want. That also depends on what types of trees and vegitation will be available.

As Chaos Theory recreats iconic events from across the movies, and the 1st 4.5 of them took place on a tropical island, I'm hoping we will get palms and ferns to create a jungle environment.

No badlands biome, just like in the first movie?
Probs not for base game, Desert is pretty close to it in terms of challenges (As much as I'd like to see all angles of hoodoo). The DLC might end up in that direction, you never know.

Thinking about the Dev Diary, it's pretty clear there's 4 sets of rocks, each intended for an environment (The Desert rocks first row, the Taiga rocks third row, possibly the Tropical rocks second row).

I don't know if rocks might get reused between a few biomes, or if certain rocks are left out of the Desert map/s, but for the moment 4 environments overall (including the tropical islands) should be the assumption, leaving room for only one biome we haven't seen from base game.

I heard there will be 5 and we already saw 2 of them so far, the desert and taiga/boreal forest.
Tropical Rainforest kind of has to reappear for Chaos theory mode, so it leaves two unaccounted for.

The revelation of "5 diverse biomes" on the advert is surprising, given the 4 sets of rocks (granted, there could be multiple reasons for 4 sets in the alpha desert map).

The new pre-order trailer revealed temperate forests with deciduous trees, so I'm guessing that will be the third biome other than desert and mountain/taiga. Tropical jungle will probably also be included for the Chaos Theory scenarios, as others have said. I suspect the fifth and final one will either be subtropical bayou (like in the southeastern USA) or a savanna of some kind.

Top Bottom