2 new articles about ED on E3 2017

And WRT discovering alien structures "before 2.4" per Sandro's interview. https://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dangerous/elite-dangerous-thargoids-what-we-know

The other thing that struck me in that interview is the stuff about the flight model of the thargoid ship. I know a lot of people have dismissed what we've seen so far as "cut scenes" but it clearly goes a LOT further than that. If you've seen that video where the guy rams one of the planetary thargoid ships (if anyone can find that video and post it here that would be cool, it's dead funny apart from anything else) and how it then recovers and attempts to get itself back over the barnacle then it's quite apparent that FD have already built those ships from the ground up, they have real handling characteristics and flight models, ones that are quite different to our own.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Woohoo The one and only video I have seen of FD at E3 it lasted 2:49 No photos or video of the booth nothing what a bust! maybe it was a tea table and two chairs and they didn't want all the fans to see it. Still I'm happy I at least got to see this at least Thanks @Old Duck and @HHKaal

Yeh, I guess we take what we can. :/

"the player was able to land their SRV before heading into a nearby cave. This was no ordinary cave, though. What was inside were hundreds if not thousands of egg sacs"

Holy crap! Errr, why isn't everyone screaming about this?

It's gonna be handcrafted though, not procgen caves. Big difference.

I assume it's the caves angle you're coming at.

Last edited:

Can I be honest. That interview didn't really provide any information Ed and David B hadn't already released on the livestreams.
I did like the bit 1:58 where Ben points at some structures on a screen (that we cannot see) and Sam wont describe it as '...it'll be for the players to discover themselves...'

and so the interview ended

kept me amused for 2:49

It's gonna be handcrafted though, not procgen caves. Big difference.

I assume it's the caves angle you're coming at.

Well, we kinda guessed caves from the PS4 teaser trailer (was it that one?), and yes, you're right, they won't be procedurally generated since planet surface generation is (currently) based on height maps. So actually it was more the eggs angle. Everything else that came out of E3 we pretty much knew already (come on, we knew they were Thargoids, we knew that's what 2.4 was going to be and we'd already seen burning federal ships in clouds of green smoke) but eggs ... that's new! (unoriginal ... but new nevertheless). The real question is ... "Who's laying these eggs"? :eek:

Errr, why isn't everyone screaming about this?

Because some of us don't actually care, or are more interested in how the core game is going to be improved plus what expansions (other than the drip-fed alien story-line injected into ED) are forthcoming. It must be cool to experience the Thargoids for the first time I suppose but I, personally, find the whole thing underwhelming, unfortunately. :)

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Because some of us don't actually care, or are more interested in how the core game is going to be improved plus what expansions (other than the drip-fed alien story-line injected into ED) are forthcoming. It must be cool to experience the Thargoids for the first time I suppose but I, personally, find the whole thing underwhelming, unfortunately. :)

Plus PS4 peeps are more interested in how the PS4 is going, and what our live stream will reveal performance wise etc. Aliens can wait for me, they can wait an age. I understand all you long term peeps being fussed about it. Me? Meh I just want to start my Elite adventure properly, rather than my hobbled non Horizons PC excursion.

Plus PS4 peeps are more interested in how the PS4 is going, and what our live stream will reveal performance wise etc. Aliens can wait for me, they can wait an age. I understand all you long term peeps being fussed about it. Me? Meh I just want to start my Elite adventure properly, rather than my hobbled non Horizons PC excursion.

exactly my thoughts

Well, we kinda guessed caves from the PS4 teaser trailer (was it that one?), and yes, you're right, they won't be procedurally generated since planet surface generation is (currently) based on height maps. So actually it was more the eggs angle. Everything else that came out of E3 we pretty much knew already (come on, we knew they were Thargoids, we knew that's what 2.4 was going to be and we'd already seen burning federal ships in clouds of green smoke) but eggs ... that's new! (unoriginal ... but new nevertheless). The real question is ... "Who's laying these eggs"? :eek:

may not be the thargoids, it's possible they stumbled upon the Easter Bunny's stash.

may not be the thargoids, it's possible they stumbled upon the Easter Bunny's stash.

Bill friendly warning for you ;)

CX3xEUeWwAAtW_3.jpg

they are thargoids until further notice i made a mistake once never again

Top Bottom