**2020 META**

Dear OP,

As for the FDL being meta. Well, it's my favorite ship to fly because being able to fly it superbly is an art form. It's so maneuverable and powerful that it comes down to pilot skill in an organized PvP type setting, specifically asteroid fields. It takes at least months if not years to fly really well. It takes a virtuoso pilot to take the FDL to the limit. Once again I am referring to organized PvP in an asteroid belt. Open space is another matter, and not nearly as stimulating nor as difficult. I love ships that are difficult to fly but reward you if you put in the time. The FDL is it for me. I have 5 PvP FDLs.

Of course there are a myriad of balance problems. Of course a complete overhaul would be optimal, but that is not realistic. Frankly, I would be happy if healing beams were not allowed in anything but AX combat and an indicator if someone was using premium ammo. In addition to all the bugs being fixed....... For PvP that would be SLF fighter lag and instancing issues. Attempts have been made to remedy those two bugs, but it's just not enough for stable and consistent PvP.

o7

As for the FDL being meta. Well, it's my favorite ship to fly because being able to fly it superbly is an art form. It's so maneuverable and powerful that it comes down to pilot skill in an organized PvP type setting, specifically asteroid fields. It takes at least months if not years to fly really well. It takes a virtuoso pilot to take the FDL to the limit.
I complelely agree with what you have said about FDL, but those "virtuoso" pilots would take FDL even if it have 30% weaker shields, and it's exactly why it should be nerfed. Propably in not direct way, but rather by weakening shields and boosters and maybe weakening cascade effect for balance and to not punish big ships too much (they sufferered enaugh already)
I would also remove damage penalty from cascade rail too (after weakening effect) just to reduce rock paper scissoring thing.

I have over 1800 hours logged, can safely say all of it was PVE. I enjoy that aspect of the game, and the dangers that lurk in space with pirates. I'm in the market for a new ship, and decided to see what I might get as a PVP capable ship. I've had a FDL and honestly, didn't care for it all that much. It's a great ship, just like the anaconda, and I don't like that one either. The FDL is a well balanced combat vessel, and to balance PVP and PVE together is extremely difficult. My stipulations against teh anaconda are simply it's weight being equivalent to an asp explorer, even though the size of the ship compares to the corvette. It doesn't make sense for a ship that light to not have better maneuverability, and it doesn't make sense to have a ship that light be that massive.

Without detracting from the point, I'm somewhat dismayed that the "going option" for PVP is just an FDL. No mamba, no challenger, no real nothing. However, I believe a solution isn't just on "balancing ships" but moreso embracing actual PVP areas, or options for that without getting into "bounty" territory. More of an effort applied to that style of gameplay for those that want it. Either that, or fix CQC and bring it into the main game, with a queue you can join at a starport that you stay in while docked. I know I'd play a lot more of it then.

Either that, or fix CQC and bring it into the main game
I believe that you need to do the opposite. Why it is impossible to make a choice of a free duel (or the battle of several ships) on their ships from the main game in the CQC mode.
All the same, that many contractual fights are measured, do not end with the death of anyone.

Last time I rammed someone to death by a station the station shot me.

Last time I rammed someone to death by a station: June 2019. The station did not shoot me (I got fined). Has something changed?
In fact, I was bouncing off the side of the station in my eagerness to kill this guy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 192138

D
Did they have crimes off? Mrs Doubtfire is a PvPer. You're getting fines for reckless flying but nothing for assault.

Top Bottom