**2020 META**

It is unfortunate that Fdev are seemingly incapable of creating a balanced meta that involves multiple choices.

So far, nothing compares to the FDL. Other ships may be good, even great, but lets be real, nothing compares. I know, some krait fanboys will probably talk about how the meta has changed... it hasnt. People are just bored of flying FDL's.

What sort of things would YOU combat oriented/pvp players like to see happen to balance in regards to combat?

I just want to see more contenders, and more variance in hardpoint modifications. There are many options for hardpoint setups and mods, but only a few that arent terrible compared to the few that remain meta.

Will we ever see the meta change?

ED is a game that allows PvP, it is not a PvP game. I doubt FD is going to change the meta intentionally. When/if it does change, it will be due to things introduced that aren't aimed directly at PvP.

That may have been original design, things have changed.

Only in your mind, and the minds of other PvP focused players. FD's opinion of PvP focused ED gameplay is embodied by CQC. Disconnected from the game and largely forgotten.
Cqc itself is largely forgotten.

Which bits, specifically?

Feel free to hang around shin/sol in open to see a very large and healthy portion of the playerbase enjoying pvp.

Regardless to all the pvp woes and carebear hate, even without pvp, the meta imbalance still exists.

Making an argument to derail an actual problem with the game dispite your personal preference doesnt make the problem go away.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Feel free to hang around shin/sol in open to see a very large and healthy portion of the playerbase enjoying pvp.

Regardless to all the pvp woes and carebear hate, even without pvp, the meta imbalance still exists.
Nothing that could not happen on launch day then - and no less optional.

Regardless of tweaks to ships and weapons (which would probably not be considered acceptable by all players) there would very probably always be a meta.

FD already released a couple of patches with changes to how certain things worked which affected the meta. But it didn't go far enough to please the PvPers who wanted further changes. Some of them got quite salty saying FD didn't listen to them, that FD have no idea, etc.

But its like Phisto says, the only real way to make the game balaced would be a complete redesign of everything, and even then, you'd still end up with balance issues and metas, like is any PvP game where there are a variety of characters/heroes/ships. This is why PvP games tend to release patches often with balance tweaks.

In short it would require the devs spending a lot of time and attention of the PvP aspect of the game, which would not please the PvEers and slow down the implementation of other things.

Pull an Endgame Thanos and tear it all down to its very atoms. That's the only way you'll get any resemblance of balance in any aspect of the game, much less strict PvP competition.
If it is believed that the FDL stands out, the simplest thing is to nerf it ;)

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
The FDL standing out is a result of people claiming that it was underpowered because you had to make some hard decisions outfitting it, and FDev caving in - now people (probably different ones) claim that it is to tough. These kind of buff-nerf waves are tiresome, so I hope it won't come to this.

All deludedawesome people know that the Eagle rules supreme anyhow.

It is unfortunate that Fdev are seemingly incapable of creating a balanced meta that involves multiple choices.

So far, nothing compares to the FDL. Other ships may be good, even great, but lets be real, nothing compares. I know, some krait fanboys will probably talk about how the meta has changed... it hasnt. People are just bored of flying FDL's.

What sort of things would YOU combat oriented/pvp players like to see happen to balance in regards to combat?

I just want to see more contenders, and more variance in hardpoint modifications. There are many options for hardpoint setups and mods, but only a few that arent terrible compared to the few that remain meta.

Will we ever see the meta change?
Yes, when new features appear I believe.
I'd like more ships: a couple more cigarette boats like the FdL and Mamba. Maybe a Lakon one that looks like a tesla cybertruck

Top Bottom