24 Hours from now, we will witness the future of Exploration

* FDev -really- missed the point of "Travellers". Travellers do NOT honk for credits (mostly), they honk to get a quick overview of the system to see whether or not it'll be interesting enough to spend more time in. But we knew this and we knew that FDev had completely missed the point here. It was more just stray hope that they had addressed this. Giving "honkers" more credits is almost completely pointless.
No, they did not. Note this part:
Once any Commander has discovered and sold data about any stellar body, every single Commander’s ship computer will be updated no matter where you are in the galaxy, giving you the basic information for those bodies once you enter the system.
So if you are not exploring but merely traveling, systems you reach will already be scanned. Thus you have all basic information at hand, even without scanning at all.

Agreed. I was on a mission to find a shipwreck, and when I got there the area was on the night side of the moon. Searching in the dark with lamps was quite a challenge (and I also had the option of waiting a few hours for the sunrise) and the new lighting would only make this starker. It was frustrating but also pretty cool to have to use lamps to search with (ie it was the planetary conditions that were frustrating, not the game). I'd like SRVs to rely on lamps at night; it makes them even more different from flying ships, and allows you to select different tools for different jobs.

In case it wasn't answered, night vision is only available in your ship.

Top Bottom