3.0 is here - what have you been trying, what do you like?

A rated a Chieftain, took a few missions to try it out, still finishing those up. Ordered a T16000M FCS HOTAS and am now acquainting myself with it. So really, not much as far as 3.0 features are concerned as of yet. I will be engineering the Chieftain though and I need materials, so that's what I'll be doing once I'm satisfied with the controls again.

I haven't seen or gone far much yet, but echoing the planets are amazing. I saw a ringed high metal planet and with the darker lighting , it looked pleasantly different and more interesting than anything before I was used to and landing on the base there felt like playing a new game or horizons again for the first time. Almost like the cobra engine upgraded itself to a new version without having to reset the game. SC's use of cryengine is that much more marginal in its supposed superior graphics now.

Last edited:
Quite literally, the only thing I had time to do last night, after the download completed, was to fit a new cargo rack on my T-9. Any serious looking at the changes will probably have to wait until this weekend.

Oo!

I forgot about the T-9 cargo buff.

I just need to check that the California Nebula Alliance Project is stable and that the stewardship of Turner Research Group isn't under threat from those religious fanatics The Allied Order of Exemplars.

If there are changes or activity out there, I'll stay and investigate. But if not I'm keen to smash that T-9 cargo buff and make some trade cash.

I'm actually really happy with the engineering changes. More materials, yes, but it does seem that with more generous mission rewards and the materials traders, stuff is just plain easier to come up with. On that note, i absolutely ADORE the reward choices on mission redemption; sheer genius that.

My best story so far? Never fought a 'goid before, decided to hop in a Chieftain and see how close I could get to not dying. I didn't half-bum it; I set the thing up as best I could at Founder's: Xeno scanner, xeno field neutralizer, two 3ax missile banks, two ax mini-cannons, engineeered thrusters and power dist. How did it go? Well, i took a potshot as the first Thargoid I came across, which just happened to be a Medusa. Within thirty seconds, my canopy was shards, my controls were shot to slag, and I got a wonderful front-row-seat view of an unscathed Medusa cruising past an exploding Chieftain.

Short version: 3.0 is awesome!!

Okay, I ran some wing missions. I was very happy with this new addition. I am sure that they will be nerfed soon; however, as long as they are working I will continue to use them to pump up my reputation in the area I "work" in.

I'm out a ways still on my way back in 3.0. World surface variety is nice so far though. :)

Still a fair amount of "beige" out there, but not nearly so much. I think it makes sense that there would still be some, of course.

Cheers.

Top Bottom