News 3.3 - Chapter Four - Beta End Date

Me as well. I can't explore in 3.2 anymore because I like the new mechanics so much better, so I'm playing other things while we wait for 3.3 to go live.

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

In my opinion the new exploration mechanics complicate a function which worked perfectly well when exploring and looking for specific types of bodies such as earthlikes, HMCs and Water Worlds. The 'scan the blobs' takes too much time and you can waste that time 'scanning' valueless bodies where previously I would have moved on. I gave up in VR as i had to use the mouse as the joystick was too sensitive to zero in on the target.
I find locating a blob from a signal 'pattern' too difficult so find each blob then tune the signal below. You get the whole system so the bonus is some reward.
The facility within the new system to at least identify USSs is however useful.
I am already Elite in exploration so may not bother anymore unless the rewards are justified. I will give it a live test when i fly back from Colonia where one commander is currently vacationing :)
My preference would be a system scan at present to show the bodies as now, that would enable the identification of what star they were orbiting (if multi-star system) and then the judgement could be made as to whether to scan in the FSS.The need to manually locate signals and analyse their information should not be beyond 33rd century technology. I use software now which can do this.
Aside of this moan well done FD. It may not be to my liking but i am highly appreciative of all your work.

I hope the full release of 3.3 comes quickly because the beta spoiled me. I will find it hard to go back to 3.2 after experiencing the impressive changes brought by the Frontier team in 3.3!

Don't... It's not the same anymore, I keep trying to change into Analysis mode in Live! I'm just flitting around engineers and collecting mats until C4 drops, hopefully still containing the goodies we have been trying out!

This was (is) a very detailed and fun beta! I look forward to the live build and to see what my codex looks like after all these years of bumbling about.

:D S

Looks like I'll get a Mamba for xmas. If it any concern FDEV, and I'm realitively sure it's not, just want you y'all to know; I generally get my presents a wee bit sooner than xmas day.

Yay, finaly, I'm taking next week Monday off from work so I can download the new update to my Xbox!!!!! Yay!!!!!!

Just kidding :D

I am very excited about 3.3 and I wasn't even able to participate in the beta.
I hope it doesn't take to long for it's release.

Best update yet? A COMBAT LOGGING FIX? Open Only Powerplay? Client-Server architecture? Challenging PvE? Balanced ships, missions, weapons and modules? Dangerous Thargoids? Black Holes finally being a threat? Maybe even a palyer-to-player trading tool? Fleet carriers and icy textures? I am really really excited!

In all seriousness, gimme the Phantom already. It looks and feels nice. :)

In my opinion the new exploration mechanics complicate a function which worked perfectly well when exploring and looking for specific types of bodies such as earthlikes, HMCs and Water Worlds. The 'scan the blobs' takes too much time and you can waste that time 'scanning' valueless bodies where previously I would have moved on.

It takes about the same amount of time to assess if a system has any Earthlike's, water worlds or HMC's, if it's taking you longer you're doing it wrong.

Scan > Open FSS > Check relevant signal band as opposed to Scan > Open system Map > Check visual representations.

In fact it should take less time now given that you only have to look at a very narrow area of the FSS tuning band rather than look over the entire system map.

In my opinion the new System scanning and FSS systems are a great improvement to the involvement inside exploration. Tuning the frequency band while locking in on a signal source from within the system feels like I'm actually doing something instead of just supercruising around for a while till the DSS finishes its scan then pointing to the next one and waiting till I get close enough for the next scan. Considering the discernible difference in frequency between low and high value planets makes spotting high value systems easier, while actually getting the value out of that system a more worthwhile and active effort.
Will the DSS's engineering be getting any other aspects? such as improving the efficient scan threshold, number of probes launched at once, or Probe velocity?

For this last week of beta we're looking closely at the background simulation (BGS). As always we're incredibly grateful for your continued support, testing and feedback, and this week we would greatly appreciate any effort in the beta put towards helping your in-game minor factions. There will be no update or patch to the beta to allow us to further test this content.

Thanks again, your feedback and testing during the beta has been invaluable thus far, and is helping towards making Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter Four our best update yet.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Can you confirm that as far as you and the Devs know, the BGS links between things are now actually meant to work and are implemented? We stopped testing after the first week or two since nothing seemed to work as advertised, some things worked as in current live rather than what it was supposed to for Ch4, and we decided it made more sense to wait for a later Beta update, or even just wait until Ch4 went live to fully test.

So, would you say that right now the BGS is implemented as it would be in Ch4 live? As there is no update this week, is it as it was during the first weeks, then? Or was something changed in Beta 3 that we weren't aware of?

It is indicative of a go live date. We know it won’t be until at least 6 Dec, with 13 or 21 Dec more likely. Just depends on what level of stability is reached and if Phantom and Mamba paint jobs are store-ready.

I hope the full release of 3.3 comes quickly because the beta spoiled me. I will find it hard to go back to 3.2 after experiencing the impressive changes brought by the Frontier team in 3.3!

Me as well. I can't explore in 3.2 anymore because I like the new mechanics so much better, so I'm playing other things while we wait for 3.3 to go live.

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later!

I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I may do some short-range sightseeing missions to generate the capital I need to buy and kit out the Krait Phantom, in preparation of Distant Worlds 2. Previous planned long duration exploration journeys ended with me Buckballing it back to the Bubble after a couple weeks. The new exploration mechanics will probably have the opposite effect: I won't be able to keep up with the group, because I keep stopping to check out all the amazing things I'm discovering. :D

In my opinion the new exploration mechanics complicate a function which worked perfectly well when exploring and looking for specific types of bodies such as earthlikes, HMCs and Water Worlds. The 'scan the blobs' takes too much time and you can waste that time 'scanning' valueless bodies where previously I would have moved on. I gave up in VR as i had to use the mouse as the joystick was too sensitive to zero in on the target.
I find locating a blob from a signal 'pattern' too difficult so find each blob then tune the signal below. You get the whole system so the bonus is some reward.
The facility within the new system to at least identify USSs is however useful.
I am already Elite in exploration so may not bother anymore unless the rewards are justified. I will give it a live test when i fly back from Colonia where one commander is currently vacationing :)
My preference would be a system scan at present to show the bodies as now, that would enable the identification of what star they were orbiting (if multi-star system) and then the judgement could be made as to whether to scan in the FSS.The need to manually locate signals and analyse their information should not be beyond 33rd century technology. I use software now which can do this.
Aside of this moan well done FD. It may not be to my liking but i am highly appreciative of all your work.

I like the new exploration mechanics. You can now get everything through the FSS when you first enter a system that previously you needed to fly toward a planet with the DSS to acheive. IE if a waterworld is 10,000ls away, you can get the credit scan from the entry point through the FSS, saving you heaps of time. As far as identifying a planet with the scan detail, if you haven't already done so, have a look at Down to Earth Astronomy's youtube item - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJTlh5MzirU. You see he shows you a way to quickly identify the planets that are likely to be more important to you if you need to be selective. Your milage may vary but it is a technique that works for me - after a little practice...... Fly safe CMDR.

Top Bottom