News 3.3 - Chapter Four - Beta End Date

No reason to doubt. It never was any different with releases of ED and while the game is getting increasingly complex while nothing has been done to improve bug testing in general, you just can put 1 + 1 together.

Actually this is quite ridiculous, I'm not saying that Fdev is as bad as Bethesda with it's bug ridden release of Fallout 76 but the overall attitude that it's okay to release games with so many bugs is realy a kick in the teeth towards the consumers.
It's not like Fdev has the reputation of being on top of things when it comes to bug patches, in most cases we have to wait for the next update and even then a lot of old standing bugs aren't addressed.
Bugfixing doesn't make money it only costs time and effort so it becomes a far lower priority then bringing new stuff into games in order to attract new costumers, a pitty this.

One thing I admire about Hello Games is that they are indeed on top of things when it comes to fixing bugs, something a lot of gamedevs could learn from.

I hope this means that they know what is causing the issues in VR and have a fix in place, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Really? Are they going to back date everyone's CODEX to time zero of when they first lurched out the station in a sidey? That would be pretty damn awesome if so but I wouldn't have thought they could go that far back? I'd love to be wrong on that.

Fingers crossed!

:D S

Fingers crossed!

Well, the First Discovered By system map tag (which I suggested to FDev way back in 2014 :D ) does indicate that there is indeed a database registering the discoveries. Now they just need to make that database readable by the Codex so as to have the exploration history for each commander ready.

There are also a lot threads flagged as "moved", as far I can see from (or to?) Beta 1. What's going on here, can someone probably shed some light on this mess?
When multiple threads posted about the same bug are merged, most of the originals show as moved.

So, if someone reports a bug in Beta 2 and there's an existing report from Beta 1, it'd probably just get merged into the existing report.

Sounds reasonable but that's not how they develop this game. Betas are just for the most basic new functionalities, expect the true beta to start with release (and going on for at least another 3 month, if we are very lucky). I hate to break it for you but I'm with this game for quite some time now and I know what I'm talking about. And don't think I'm salty (I'm not), it's just the way it is.

Been with the game since v1.2.6 Hence my frustration with some of the reoccurring bugs like bringing an NPC powerplant to 0% does nothing that have been there since v3.0

I'm glad to hear that my suggestion to facilitate wormhole insta-jumping to anywhere in the Galaxy has been taken on-board for implementation when beta goes live! Looking forward to jumping around sectors in quick time - no more jumping time-sink boredom!

I'm glad to hear that my suggestion to facilitate wormhole insta-jumping to anywhere in the Galaxy has been taken on-board for implementation when beta goes live! Looking forward to jumping around sectors in quick time - no more jumping time-sink boredom!

And I'm glad that hyperspace jumping has been removed from the game entirely when 3.3 goes live! We will be supercruising everywhere instead, Star Trek style!

And I'm glad that hyperspace jumping has been removed from the game entirely when 3.3 goes live! We will be supercruising everywhere instead, Star Trek style!

Are you sure I thought they had gone with the reset to everything is done in Einsteinian space where nothing is faster than light and time dilation, generation ships or freezer boats are the only options for interstellar travel.

Top Bottom