3 Year break, what's going on in the Elite Universe?

So, just came back after a short break. Any recommendations as what to do?

Any CGs to do?
Some interesting PP struggles ongoing?
New interesting engineers?
Thargoid news?

In short, what should I do?

I'm fishing for recommendations on group activities, recent events, community goals.

Why do you ask? Do you bring salty tears for me?
Just explore the forum... there is more salt then you can manage.
if you really been away for 3 years there is too much to tell about what have been changed.

When I take a break from a game for a length of time, the way I find out what has changed is by loading up the game and playing it.

You’ve arrived in time for the salt festival ;)

(Carriers finally dropped years after their first announcement. Lots of people aren’t that revved up by them)

Check out the deep core mining stuff (profitable and involves some flight skills and big booms). Explo got a scanning mini game and the odd discoverable. Combat Zones have minor stages & goals now and tougher engineered opponents. Installations and megaships can be pirated / defended and the like now, and can have specific missions to do the same in the right system states.

Some planets are less beige.

Stuff like CGs and Galnet (and general updates) have been pared back mainly due to most of the devs being on the DLC.

The Winter 2020 DLC is heavily rumoured to feature Legs. (Bonus ‘confirmation’ here).

Enjoy the drama ;)

Last edited:
OP, even though I agree with the other comments here say you should just read up, some quick answers to the specifics you asked.
  1. CGs have been suspended.
  2. PP is the same old PP I think. The enhanced PP plans went nowhere.
  3. Yes, new engineers.
  4. Not a lot of interesting Thargoid lore news including but little bits.
Suggestions:
  1. Try mining. That has major additions and is really profitable.
  2. Learn about Fleet Carriers and then grind for one if you can find a use for it. Fits well with #1.
  3. Help with the upcoming FC betas!!!!
  4. Learn about the Guardians and unlock tech inspired by their discovery. Guardian FSD boosters are the shiz!
  5. Just play any way you want to earn ARX.

Last edited:
Just explore the forum... there is more salt then you can manage.
if you really been away for 3 years there is too much to tell about what have been changed.
Yes, seems like the entire forum is about fleet carriers. I have noticed all the hubbub.

Galnet gave 2 news, a CC update for Aisling Duval and a phonebook of materials needed to repair random stations. Not really that helpful.

When I take a break from a game for a length of time, the way I find out what has changed is by loading up the game and playing it.
That's good to know, I will make a note in my diary.

You’ve arrived in time for the salt festival ;)

(Carriers finally dropped years after their first announcement. Lots of people aren’t that revved up by them)

Check out the deep core mining stuff (profitable and involves some flight skills and big booms). Explo got a scanning mini game and the odd discoverable. Combat Zones have minor stages now and tougher engineered opponents. Installations and megaships can be pirated / defended and the like now, and can have specific missions to do the same in the right system states.

Some planets are less beige.

Stuff like CGs and Galnet (and general updates) have been pared back mainly due to most of the devs being on the DLC.

The Winter 2020 DLC is heavily rumoured to feature Legs. (Bonus ‘confirmation’ here).

Enjoy the drama ;)
Yeah I happened to catch most of the livestream, and it's fun to see things going on. But that's not until June and I'm looking for something to do now, something like a trade or combat CG.

I'll have to look up deep core mining, sounds interesting! (y)

Yes, seems like the entire forum is about fleet carriers. I have noticed all the hubbub.

Galnet gave 2 news, a CC update for Aisling Duval and a phonebook of materials needed to repair random stations. Not really that helpful.

That's good to know, I will make a note in my diary.

Yeah I happened to catch most of the livestream, and it's fun to see things going on. But that's not until June and I'm looking for something to do now, something like a trade or combat CG.

I'll have to look up deep core mining, sounds interesting! (y)

First beta is on the 7th for Carriers as it goes. But yeah check out the deep core kit. Probably the strongest overall addition while you’ve been away. (The Codex / player guide in your right panel is worth a look btw)

1. CGs have been suspended.
  2. PP is the same old PP I think. The enhanced PP plans went nowhere.
That's a shame.

Suggestions:
  1. Try mining. That has major additions and is really profitable.
  2. Learn about Fleet Carriers and then grind for one if you can find a use for it. Fits well with #1.
  3. Help with the upcoming FC betas!!!!
  4. Learn about the Guardians and unlock tech inspired by their discovery. Guardian FSD boosters are the shiz!
  5. Just play any way you want to earn ARX.
I could earn 5 billion credits to buy a fleet carrier, but buying a fleet carrier just to own one seems unnecessary. If I do buy one, what will I use it for? It will most likely just sit unused and drain credits.

Guardian FSD boosters do sound interesting, I'll check that out! (y)

Bounty hunting pays really well, mining is by far and away the best way to make money, and some neat new ships have come out.

Oh and FDev no longer cares about the vast majority of its players.

I could earn 5 billion credits to buy a fleet carrier, but buying a fleet carrier just to own one seems unnecessary. If I do buy one, what will I use it for? It will most likely just sit unused and drain credits.

Guardian FSD boosters do sound interesting, I'll check that out! (y)
Only way the know the users of Fleet Carriers is wait and see.
When you do go to the guardian site (for the FSD booster grind), be sure and kit a point defense missile launcher on the top of your ship! You'll be glad you did!

No.
No.
No.
No.

Check again in December.
Beat me to it.
So, just came back after a short break. Any recommendations as what to do?

Any CGs to do?
Some interesting PP struggles ongoing?
New interesting engineers?
Thargoid news?

In short, what should I do?

In short
  • If you aren't mining, you're a nub who doesn't know how to play the game apparently.
  • 5b for a fleet carrier, so get grinding.

Expecting anything else interesting in the game, you'd be sorely mistaken.

Top Bottom