+38 - Questions for those Early Birds!

Hi I am trying to compile a thread with questions that are not answered elsewhere.
So, just post your question below and I will update the first thread on a daily basis so we have all the information on a single place.
I am aware of the forum post, but it has at this moment more than 8 pages of QA and comments and it would be easier to have it on a single place.
Moreover, the idea is to have questions and answers which can be replied by those early-bird editions.

[Everything you need to know about the Planet Coaster alpha!](https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...know-about-the-Planet-Coaster-alpha#post26001)

1) Does the game supports 4k? what AA option do we have? can you post a picture of the graphical settings?
2) Can you freely walk around as a guest (I mean control it with your keyboard), or does it have a set pathway and you can just move his head around?
3) What happens if you suddendly disconnect your internet?
4) Do you have money in game or is it just sandbox at this phase?
5) Can you take loans?
6) can you play without money or infinite money, is there a money cheat?
7) Does the game has triggers? (when guest walks through a certain area, can you trigger an event?)
8) Is there time events? like at a certain time a certain event could be triggered?
9) is there weather conditions?
10) How many type of employees are there? how many mascots?
11) Can you set a price on the bathroom?
12) Can you edit the price of beverages to 0?
13) Can you close the park until you are ready to open it? (like at the very beginning)
14) Can you fire the staff?
15) How do you repair attractions is there like a technician? can you set areas where he should move or certain attractions to patrol?
16) Do guests die?
17) Can you put walls, billboards, etc (any props) inside the guest paths, like block them, or is it just on the side of the path?
18) when placing a shop, and by making it bigger, fancier, etc like on the videos, does that have a real impact on the quantity of people who approach it?
19) Can you create a food court? Or does guest just shop and walk around?
20) How are the animations? how often do you seef cropping? teleportation, etc?
21) is it CPU intensive or GPU intensive (state your hardware)?
22) Do you see guest or staff with broken path? I mean like without any route or that they cant reach what they desire?
23) How many attractions are there? how many roller coasters?
24) can you adjust the speed and aceleration of the coasters?
25) if you set the speed to high can the ride fly off the coaster?
26) What language does the game support?
Only English for now. - By Marvin
27) in fullscreen mode, if you hit alt+tab can you go back to windows and then back to the game without any issues? or do you see a black screen?
28) How often does it crash? Does it on a particular scenario?
29) Can you set so it automatically saves the game every x amount of time?
30) Is there any objective or goals?
31) can you unlock stuff while doing certain tasks?
32) can you click on guests and read their thoughts?
33) how does the whole world thing works? is it related with your location? Does it change the game in any way?
34) how big is the map? how many tiles side by side?
35) can you save your modular shops and import it on future versions of the game?
36) can you open your saved game if there is an update?
37) Is there any fireworks?
38) Can you install it on a different drive than C:?

Hope this helps!
Submit your questions I will add them!

Last edited:
#subscribe

Really keen on "13) Can you close the park until you are ready to open it? (like at the very beginning) "

Nice questions, sure many of us will let you know, allot of them thou i can tell will be a later phase in alpha.

4) yes, only sandbox without money for now
6) see 4
17) yes you can place scenery on paths and people are trying to bypass it
23) during the press event there were 13 flat rides. In one youtube video it was said that we may get some more for the alpha + 1/2 coaster types with the cheat code
28) on one youtube video it was said, that the coaster editor sometimes crashes the game, that's why it was disaböed during the press event. Not sure wheter frontier was able to fix those issues for the alpha
35) blueprints are used for this. Cureently this feature is planned for phase 3 of the alpha

I will be playing the game and answering these questions every so often. Check back to my post, which I will keep edited and up to date.

1. Does the game support 4k? what AA option do we have? Can you post a picture of the graphical settings?
  2. Can you freely walk around as a guest (I mean control it with your keyboard), or does it have a set pathway and you can just move his head around?
  3. What happens if you suddendly disconnect your internet?
    Offline play has been confirmed. Currently, to start the game, you have to be able to connect to the Frontier servers to authenticate, but once connected, you are able to play the game even if your internet is suddenly disconnected. However, you will be unable to access online features such as sharing, or other players' parks (these features are not yet implemented anyway, so it's not a big deal, at the moment).
  4. Do you have money in game or is it just sandbox at this phase?
    Currently, in the alpha, there is only a sandbox mode available, in which all objects are free. Park management (financially, at least) is currently unavailable, and is planned to be implemented sometime in the third stage of the alpha, or early beta.
  5. Can you take loans?
    Currently, in the alpha, there is only a sandbox mode available, in which all objects are free. Park management (financially, at least) is currently unavailable, and is planned to be implemented sometime in the third stage of the alpha, or early beta.
  6. Can you play without money or infinite money, is there a money cheat?

I imagine this mode will also be available in the final version of the game.
  7. Does the game have triggers? (When guest walks through a certain area, can you trigger an event?)
  8. Are there time events? Like at a certain time a certain event could be triggered?
  9. Are there weather conditions?
  10. How many type of employees are there? How many mascots?
    Filler answer (check back later for a proper response):

There are currently _ types of employees, which are __, and _ mascots, which are __.
  11. Can you set a price on the bathroom?
  12. Can you edit the price of beverages to 0?
  13. Can you close the park until you are ready to open it?
  14. Can you fire the staff?
    Yes. There is a VIP Staff Plan available for purchase for $150, in which you can create a custom staff member that will appear in your park and other parks around the world. This feature is currently not implemented however, so how this will work out is currently unknown (to us).
  15. How do you repair attractions? Is there like a technician? Can you set areas where he should move or certain attractions to patrol?
  16. Do guests die?
    Everyone dies eventually. That's how life works. Oh, you meant...

Unconfirmed. Will get back to you once I've played and tried to kill a few guests.
  17. Can you put walls, billboards, etc (any props) inside the guest paths, like block them, or is it just on the side of the path?
    You can place objects on the paths. Guests will attempt to walk around the objects if possible. If they cannot, they'll find another path.
  18. When placing a shop, and by making it bigger, fancier, etc like on the videos, does that have a real impact on the quantity of people who approach it?
    Scenery and other objects have a hidden (or not?) modifier attached to them that makes things more appealing to guests. A fully constructed building with decorations will (seemingly) attract more guests than a shop without any effort put into it.
  19. Can you create a food court? Or does guest just shop and walk around?
    The modular building system very easily allows players to build their own buildings, including a food court. There are benches and areas that you can place where guests can sit down to eat, but they will often buy their food and continue walking with their meal in-hand. This is especially true of drinks and treats like iced cream.
  20. How are the animations? How often do you see cropping, teleportation, etc?
    The animations are clean and very expressive. It is very easy to tell how a guest feels by looking at their body language. Slouched shoulders if they're sad or disappointed, or a slight skip in their step if they're excited. The animations do tend to be short, and can be repetitive, however, especially in rides, where guests will quickly throw up their arms, then very quickly bring them back down, instead of keeping them up for a decent amount of time.

There is occasional clipping of guests on paths. Mascots are especially prone to clipping through guests, as they are quite large. For the most part, it will be slight shoulder through shoulder action, and not the absolute ghosts of games past. Unless you're paying close attention, you won't see clipping very often. Guests also seem to teleport when exiting a ride. The seats of a ride will immediately empty out and guests will spawn in a location at the base of the ride, then proceed to exist. Strangely enough, they can be seen running to individual seats when getting on the ride, though. They still teleport into the chair, but it's a lot less noticeable than the entire ride suddenly emptying and a large crowd exiting at once.

Scenery and other objects have no hitboxes, meaning they can be purposely clipped with one another to allow a more natural look. This can be somewhat irritating in cases where you want an object to be laid on top of another, but part of the piece just sticks through the other. Generally, though, this isn't a problem, and is more beneficial than not, such as stacking up a pile of rocks, or planting a forest.
  21. Is it CPU intensive or GPU intensive (state your hardware)?
    My current PC specs:
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    • Drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (for OS) and 500GB (for games)
    Will answer this question after some extensive play testing. If I have any issues with lag, there is a problem with the game, because my computer should be able to handle the game at decent settings just fine.
  22. Do you see guest or staff with broken path? I mean like without any route or that they cant reach what they desire?
    Not sure what you mean with this question. Please clarify.

Going to try and answer the question to the best of my understanding: If guests or staff are unable to reach their desired destination, there is usually a problem with the path, such as a piece of the path that is not connected, or an object placed on the path blocking the guests/staff.
  23. How many attractions are there? How many roller coasters?
    Filler response for the time being (check back in a few hours):

There are currently _ flat rides, _ stalls, and _ roller coasters. Roller coasters are currently "unavailable," though they can be enabled via a cheatcode. For this reason, I wouldn't worry about how many of them there are (or aren't) just yet. Frontier just didn't think they were ready.
  24. Can you adjust the speed and aceleration of the coasters?
  25. If you set the speed to high can the ride fly off the coaster?
    In one of the streams,
  26. What language does the game support?
    Currently, just English.
  27. In fullscreen mode, if you hit alt+tab can you go back to windows and then back to the game without any issues, or do you see a black screen?
  28. How often does it crash? Does it on a particular scenario?
    At the recent press event, roller coasters were reported to crash computers. Cannot currently confirm if this is still the case, but since Frontier went to the trouble of hiding coasters behind a cheat code, I imagine this may still be the case. Check back soon for a proper response.
  29. Can you set so it automatically saves the game every x amount of time?
  30. Are there any objective or goals?
    Currently, only the sandbox mode is enabled. There are no objectives or goals in this mode, other than to play and test!
  31. Can you unlock stuff while doing certain tasks?
    Currently, only the sandbox mode is enabled, and all objects are unlocked. Roller coasters are hidden behind a cheat code, at the moment, but are otherwise unlocked as well.
  32. Can you click on guests and read their thoughts?
  33. How does the whole world thing works? is it related with your location? Does it change the game in any way?
  34. How big is the map? How many tiles side by side?
    Currently unable to measure exactly in tiles, but it isn't very big (in my opinion). However, there is a very large amount of vertical space, meaning you could easily stack your pack up to give yourself more space. In addition, it has been confirmed that the current space available is going to expand, possibly up to 4 times its current size, possibly more. Frontier wants to balance playable space with reasonable performance. If the space is too large and allows for too big of a park, the game may begin to get slow and laggy, and they don't want that.
  35. Can you save your modular shops and import it on future versions of the game?
    Currently unable to confirm, as there has not been a future version to test this with. The blueprint system will allow you to save your modular buildings as blueprints and use them in other parks, or share them with other players. This feature is planned to be released sometime in phase 3 of the alpha. My guess is that your saved shops and scenery will be compatible with future versions of the game, except during major updates, in which case your blueprints may become incompatible (this is how most games do it).
  36. Can you open your saved game if there is an update?
    Currently unable to confirm, as there has not been an update to test this with. My guess is that your saved games will be compatible with future versions of the game, except during major updates, in which case your games may become incompatible (this is how most games do it).
  37. Are there any fireworks?
    Currently, in the alpha, there are no fireworks.
  38. Can you install it on a different drive than C:?
    Yes. When installing the game, you are prompted to choose an installation location.

Last edited:
A quick update: I'm unable to actually edit my post anymore. I've reported the issue and have been told that it's being elevated. Hopefully it'll get fixed and I can answer all your questions before the game release, or at least shortly after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom