4 weeks planning.. but no painting?

Hi you guys,

It seemed like the right time to start playing this game. I played it when released.. but you know.. bug hunting and QOL updates tend to make the experience a bit cooler :).

And indeed... I love the game and you kind of giving me a 3d tool in which I can create my vision of entertainment parks. Thanks for the effort in terrain tools. It really stands out in usability.

BUT... there is the but :)

I played the campaign and am in doubt if I am going to put in some time and build me a park. To be fair, standards are high, and life is short... so putting this much time in entertainment kind of makes you wander about life...
But okay, I started designing. A handfull of paint sketches... a few tries in Photoshop... and 4 weeks later I am starting to try arround a bit with the terrain tool to see how far I can go.

All seemed fine so for the fun of it (not yet convinced I have no life) I do the terrain work from my vision. I got a global idea of what I want.. it fits... seems cool. So lets whip up that paint tool to paint in the different areas.

.... BAM.... I am missing paint colors. So WC goes hunting and figuring out what is wrong. And I found out paint is limited. Uuhhh Wait What?

I kinda understand it is going to be to much for my PC to put in all the colors.. but now I am starting to question the success of my plan. You ticked all my boxes with the other tools, rides, hotels, restaurants and the rest. But besides me liking game mechanics and systems... I do also need the incentive of looks.

I feel restricted in creating a versatile park with different themes and environments. I approach this as real life. I make use of sightlines, forced perspective, emotion and diversion in the way I would build this park (Releasing it as a scenario).
I need kind of most of the paints to realize this... I cant emphasize enough you have it 99% correct, and I LOVE this game... But give me about 6 more paint styles in a map at least. Or make some sort of exposure mode for the paint styles to make them look darker or lighter. I like the intensity mode, but with 2 colors of red stone, I am missing some effects. A darker or lighter mode would be in the region of what I am looking for. I would have the feeling each paint style has a few different grades.. that would be nice.

Thanks.. and see ya in the parks. :)

Last edited:
Theres tons of QoL improvements that could help reduce time consumption like; spline tools to click+drag walls into place, swapping textures on walls without replacing each one, faster terrain movement, grids for terrain, more options for aligning paths, another way to make rivers without burying a rapids ride in the ground, not having to rebuild an entire track when swapping cars/trains, better UI and better performance, etc.

Well just have to wait and hope Planco2 releases in a couple years.

Theres tons of QoL improvements that could help reduce time consumption like; spline tools to click+drag walls into place, swapping textures on walls without replacing each one, faster terrain movement, grids for terrain, more options for aligning paths, another way to make rivers without burying a rapids ride in the ground, not having to rebuild an entire track when swapping cars/trains, better UI and better performance, etc.

Well just have to wait and hope Planco2 releases in a couple years.
One smart man said once:

“Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.”

IF the PC performance problem is truly the problem.. I would say we are 2 years after release.. and PC's have changed ? (kind of making a excuse here :) ).
But I have no clue if this is the reason for limitation.

I just closed one eye, and started to paint around a bit an try to kind of eyeball how it would end up. Maximum imagination is needed here :)...
If you want for example.
  • Pirate
  • Western
  • Fairy
  • Common
  • and either Space or Spooky...
Fairy and Pirate can use each others colors a bit. 3 colors for those 2 are fine. You can also use them on common areas. Lets top this off with at least 1 rocky color to make some differentiation and create some depth.
Then you need at least 2 reds for the Western theme which you can top up with the rocky from above. So we are at least in the worst case up to 6 colors for 4 themes.

This is where it gets hard. I got 2 colors left, and need a sort of dark environment for Spooky or Space. But.. only having 2 is starting to get hard in an area which would end up as a decent size.

And besides that... I already got the minimum on the other themes. Trying to cross use another theme... doesn't tickle me :).

Okay, maybe 2 extra colors would be enough. I need to get real, and 2 would be fine.

@frontier
Is there another reason why we can't expand colors in 2019 :)?

User complaints were already answered by giving us the ability to select the terrain paint pallet. 2 years ago.
Thanks, I didn't know that.

I have been playing around for a few nights now to get it right with the available paints, and I keep running into a problem with the Spooky/Space Area.

(let me just repeat I think the game is great, and just fiddling around with the paint ant terrain tools.. is fun on it's own).

When googling I see a lot of solution by just killing light, or respectively taking a picture at night. But I need to save this effect for later. If I am already using light to just set the mood, I am going to have a hard time blending in transfer boundaries between areas. So I am trying to get it to look dark and kind of eerie in the first place.

Just to be sure here... I feel like the true color here is lighter then the example in my paint menu...
Am I missing something or is this just the darkness it needs to be?

How are you guys making it as dark as possible? Ar you blending 2 colors with half the intensity?
(I can get the best result with other colors, but was trying this Tarmac and Asphalt to make sure)

Thanks for your time guys!

Top Bottom