FD can you please come up with a soultion to CMDR's blocking the pads at the outpost?

I know I can switch to solo etc... but when you are in wing and you have cmdrs sitting on the pad for 10 min or longer with no response to any comms etc... it becomes a real pain,
last night the same cmdr' had the pad blocked for on 4 diffrent attempts to land at the outpost.
and then some people wander they get shot at for "no reason"

This is the only time I've mode switched. No comms and just sitting there get very tedious.

Occasionally you can get ppl to tell jokes in the open chat, but usually no one wants to talk.

verminstar

Banned
and then some people wander they get shot at for "no reason"

Ironically enough, the only time I very intentionally blocked a pad was after being shot at fer no reason. The guy was literally screaming on comms to clear the pad...after attempting to dict me 4 times without so much as a "o7"

Thats whats called karma...the game allows that guy to make my game miserable...it also allows me to do some salt redistribution meself. Of course, two wrongs dont make a right...but it was absolutely hilarious all the same seeing how the guy reacted ^

Asking for a docking request could give whoever sits on the pad a timer to lift off and when it ticks down the ship will be put below deck and the docking request will be granted.

Asking for a docking request could give whoever sits on the pad a timer to lift off and when it ticks down the ship will be put below deck and the docking request will be granted.

Then what happens when a Commander that gains access to the pad above needs to refit? That requires the below deck area to complete. Or the Commander below decided to launch? That requires the pad above. When you land on a pad you cover both the pad and hanger.

In so much as take off requires the ship to be spun around which means it has to desend, why not just make it mandatory to park every time one lands on a pad. I mean if it takes just as long to take off from a pad as it does to get out of the garage. Then why not just have it automatically stowed in the garage upon landing.

I think mode switching is a perfectly fine solution to this problem.

Will never understand this totally bizarre resistance from some players about playing in SOLO. It is hands down the smoothest Elite Experience. Totally free of all the usual glitches and other annoyances that are the default reality in OPEN. Thanks in large part to the elimination of the heavy dependence on lackluster P2P connectivity and the game's questionable netcode to drive the session.

And we are not even touching on the issues the OP was complaining about. ;)

Different strokes I guess... But for those who are not already aware, OPEN is hands down the lowest quality Elite gaming experience of the three modes available. Unless you have a very clear and specific reason to be in OPEN, you will be much happier in one of the other two modes.

I personally avoid OPEN like the plague unless I have a damned good reason to switch. And when I do switch to OPEN, I always have problems with the game I never encounter any other time.

Last edited:
There are definite advantages to having a ship which can fit on a small pad. Fly one of those and basically all your problems of this sort go away.

The easiest fix - should Frontier want to fix it... - would be to add a second medium pad to the outpost templates. They're modular already, so it should be relatively easy to do.

Out in Colonia one of the player groups requested (and got) a CG to construct a Coriolis to accompany the busiest outpost, which has helped a lot. Not really sustainable for everywhere, of course.

Well, I would start with "being notified of player messages even when you are not on main screen".

You can be, say, in the mission menu, and never know that someone was messaging you until you finish browsing all the missions.

Ironically enough, the only time I very intentionally blocked a pad was after being shot at fer no reason. The guy was literally screaming on comms to clear the pad...after attempting to dict me 4 times without so much as a "o7"

Thats whats called karma...the game allows that guy to make my game miserable...it also allows me to do some salt redistribution meself. Of course, two wrongs dont make a right...but it was absolutely hilarious all the same seeing how the guy reacted ^

Two wrongs? Guy got what they deserved. That's one wrong plus commensurate punishment. Keep it up.

(Advocate for more draconian solutions here)

Top Bottom