Distant Radio 3305 - the dedicated Distant Worlds radio station

LINK

DistantRadio_outline_250.png

Greetings, commanders!

This is Distant Radio 3305 - Making waves as you make history!

"Broadcasting from secret locations all over the galaxy, we will be your invisible companions so you will never truly be alone".

Launch date and time: December 28, 2018 - 20:00 IGT
Click here to visit the website for schedule and webplayer.

We will have interviews with famous people, news shows, regular updates on overall progress as well as on events and meetups.
All this will be accompanied by lots and lots of music, which will be tailored to keep us sane while traversing the voids!
(Meta note: This will be roleplay-heavy, just so you know!)

Below you will find a preview of what is to come. Stay tuned for more!

Join our Distant Radio Discord!

Follow us on Twitter!
Official Distant Radio Twitch channel
Official Distant Radio Youtube channel

Subscribe to be one of the first to know about eventual trailers and more!

Team members / DJs:

CMDR ThatMykl [Bossman] | CMDR Ganlaan Soulseeker [Second in command]
CMDR Chankk Saotome [Founder] | CMDR Dr. Nagi [Founder]
CMDR Keni Drunken Wolf [Founder] | CMDR Henkka77 [Founder]

CMDR Acorlei | CMDR DankMojo | CMDR Devan Avalon | CMDR Eoraptorur
CMDR Nightfall Zero | CMDR Perky Percy | CMDR Phelanka | CMDR RPG_Alex
CMDR Selfishpie | CMDR Seraph | CMDR Shobah | CMDR Sleegi | CMDR VoodooCurse
CMDR Winter Huntsman | CMDR KombattWombatt | CMDR Zelryn Tas

Special thanks to our contributors:

CMDR Bloodfist | CMDR Charlie (Wanderer) | CMDR Eid LeWeise
CMDR Kelanen Alcatraz | CMDR Lucanaii | CMDR Miguel Johnson
CMDR Neon | CMDR Pooki | CMDR Qohen Leth | CMDR Sajime Chent-Shi
CMDR Shiftycircle | CMDR Souvarine | CMDR ToCoSo aka Tom Cook
CMDR Turjan Starstone | CMDR WaywardPlane | CMDR Yee | CMDR ∆∆∆ Unknown

Interviews with:
Drew Wagar (confirmed)
Erimus Kamzel (confirmed)
Turjan Starstone (confirmed)
Dr. Kaii (confirmed)
Olivia Vespera (confirmed)
Henkka (confirmed and enslaved)
Felix Macedonica (confirmed)
Josh Hawkins (confirmed)
Obsidian Ant (confirmed)
Shabooka (awaiting response)
Chiggy Vonrictofen (awaiting response)
Ascorbius (If Turjan already mentioned this to you, please hit me up on FleetComm)
Mach1ne (is interested, time is an issue)
Other DW3302 veterans
Fleet division heads
Any possible record-setter
EDCD members
...and more candidates which we will disclose eventually. Don't want to spoil all the surprises ;)

News about:
Sights worth seeing
Galactic Records
Events and Meetups
Regular updates on overall progress
and more...

Also:
Talk shows on various topics like science, in-game history and more.
A podcast relay. If you have suggestions, message me :)
We will try and cover all major events live and on location, if instancing lets us. We will definitely have reporters in the field.
For some of our live shows we will also be streaming video via Twitch and/or Youtube.
The whole thing will be running on a dedicated server with Icecast.
We're planning to start airing the radio in early January, at least one week before the expedition launches.

If any organisations, factions or private groups want us to air their commercials, we will be happy to! Just let one of us know :)
Same goes for commanders that want to contribute their ideas.

Special thanks to the entire Distant Worlds 3305 team, who already gave us so much more support than I could've imagined. Like Qohen Leth for making us this amazing logo at the top. Like Erimus Kamzel and Dr. Kaii and Obsidian Ant and Kelanen Alcatraz and of course to my team and anyone I forgot to mention.

Fly safe!
o7

Distant Worlds on Wiki

Well, sorry for that, but... *drinks* :D

This is a great idea! And also being a media guy, I could provide you with video footage if you want to put some visual stuff together aswell.

I had a similar idea when DW2 was announced. Thought about it and did some research and decided it would be way too much work to add to my plate and basically forgot about it. Actually never forgot about it but more oh "wish I could do that" kept going through my mind. Anyways good luck and I will be tuning it.

Some of the ideas I had was to replay some Podcast about space. NASA has a few good ones that are in the Public Domain and I believe Star Talk is Creative Commons for non-commercial. (will need to recheck)

Well then, me and Macros were going to do the similar talkshows during DW2 like we did back in DECE some of you might have seen and heard, but now it seems that wont be needed anymore. :)

Also, i have absolutely no idea why but for some weird reason i'm already at your interview list. :S
I'd be glad to join as a guest. :)

Last edited:
Well anyone on the list without "(confirmed)" behind his or her name is just an idea, haven't asked everyone on there yet ^^ So for everyone: Don't be shy to say no if you don't like to see your name up there =) I surely won't be mad at you for that, nooot aaat aaalll ;P

Well anyone on the list without "(confirmed)" behind his or her name is just an idea, haven't asked everyone on there yet ^^ So for everyone: Don't be shy to say no if you don't like to see your name up there =) I surely won't be mad at you for that, nooot aaat aaalll ;P
Well I for one strongly object to having my name… NOT THERE?! What the!?

;)

Great idea, and even if Henkka is loquacious as few, having spacely podcasts to fill up the short moments he's asleep, is also a great idea. [up]

Well I for one strongly object to having my name… NOT THERE?! What the!?

;)

Great idea, and even if Henkka is loquacious as few, having spacely podcasts to fill up the short moments he's asleep, is also a great idea. [up]

Well you have to excuse me if I don't yet know every Commander out there xP
Seriously though, that list is far from final.. Maybe you have something about you that warrants an interview? :D

Well you have to excuse me if I don't yet know every Commander out there xP
Seriously though, that list is far from final.. Maybe you have something about you that warrants an interview? :D
Heavens, no! With stories better left untold? I better stay away from any public radioing, else there will be demands for refund (if possible!) and I will only be mocked for my outrageous and silly accent anyway.

Greetings, commanders!

As you might already have guessed from the title, this is about a radio station for DW3305.
I am planning and also already preparing to run a 24/7 radio, filling all you fellow pilots in on the latest developements during the expedition. There will be interviews with famous people, news shows, regular updates on overall progress as well as on events and meetups. All this will be accompanied by lots and lots of music, which will be tailored to keep us sane while traversing the voids! (Meta note: This will be roleplay-heavy, just so you know ;D)

I will go into more detail on everything very soon.

I am also looking for one or two accomplices, to lighten the load and also to provide a little variation for you, the listeners. So feel free to PM me if you're interested, or hit me up on the FleetComm Discord, there I will probably reply much faster =)

For now, I want to hear your thoughts and wishes for the radio! Don't hold back, I'm really excited what you guys think and what you would want to hear on the station.

Update 1 (Nov. 19 3304)

(Possible) interviews with:

Erimus Kamzel (please contact me if you read this ^^)
Qohen Leth (needs practice speaking English, but kind of confirmed =P If anyone wants to volunteer for help, you know what to do)
Turjan Starstone (confirmed)
Obsidian Ant (will bother him later)
Dr. Kaii (confirmed)
Olivia Vespera (confirmed)
Shabooka (not asked yet)
Josh Hawkins (not asked yet)
Ascorbius (If Turjan already mentioned this to you, please hit me up on FleetComm)
Mach1ne (Same as Ascorbius for you ^^)
Henkka (confirmed)
Macros Black (confirmed by Henkka :D)
Other DW3302 veterans
Fleet division heads
Any possible record-setter
EDCD members
FDevs(?)

Henkka said something about talk shows, which could also be called extended interviews. More on that soon, too!

News about:

Sights worth seeing. Need expedition reports for that and the following stuff, too.
Galactic Records
Events and Meetups
Regular updates on overall progress

A podcast relay. Happy to accept proposals :)

Also maybe live streams parallelly on YT and on the radio? For major meetups like at BP, e.g.

o7

Thanks for taking this on ThatMykl - very much appreciated :)

I'm not sure I'll do an interview, as others are far better at that than I am (plus it'll ruin the old DW1 rumors of me being a certain Mr D. Braben) :p

Seriously though, you have some great guests lined up there! Very much looking forward to listening in as we travel to the butt end of space and back.

Thanks for taking this on ThatMykl - very much appreciated :)

I'm not sure I'll do an interview, as others are far better at that than I am (plus it'll ruin the old DW1 rumors of me being a certain Mr D. Braben) :p

Seriously though, you have some great guests lined up there! Very much looking forward to listening in as we travel to the butt end of space and back.

Elevator music? Gotcha.

Top Bottom