4th Possible Species right in front of our eyes?

Right, so just a theory here ( gets tin foil hat out ).

So i was idling at the Alien goid "base" in HIP 14909 after being there the other day with the guys in Mobius PVE working out how to activate it when it was only a day old discovery. I logged back in yesterday evening and had two mates with me that only started playing in that moment so i decided to show them around the site a bit before heading off to do some combat and let them both fly my fighters....

First thing i noticed from afar was the symmetry of the goid base was off. It seems to have 4 large darker objects littered across it almost facing the same directions but where as there is pretty consistent symmetry in the goid tech we've seen they were not following a pattern and appeared disordered. I decided to get closer and soon realised that clearly the goid structure was of one design type/choice and these other objects were different again. The goid structure in the centre as well as the outer rings were all bone-like and a green colour and these other objects were black almost like whale blubber with a satin look.

My theory ? well im never convinced of any including mine but im inclined to believe from everything i have seen since playing that the goids are not a threat and whatever these things are may be? Correct me if i am wrong but so far no one has actually seen any hostility in a real time sense from the Thargoid ships we've encountered at all ? So what if they are running from whatever these things are? This may be either a Thargoid mother ship crashed after its last ditch effort EMP brought them all crashing to the planet with it or an aftermath of an attack on a Thargoid ground base which has long since succumb to the sandy/rocky surface and been buried partially.

To add to this i take into account the trailer sneak-peak for "The Return" the one where the flower ships cross the game logo. The perspective i think was a clever use of shot as instead of facing them approaching us head on like a threat, i thought it quite calculated that they seem to come over our shoulder and flee away from us. Braben has also said in his interview with the same release preview that the Thargoid are the: " first". The absolute lack of any hostility so far and the biggest clue imo being that once us humans sussed out these bases and what they seem to do so far they are essentially helping us find more of them. What if the Thargoids have no way of communicating with us and instead are leading us to all these puzzles and clues via math etc to warn us or possibly ask for help ? I'm not sure but given all i have seen i really think everything is not what it seems and this may be a case of not seeing the wood through the trees.

I think we can rule out these vessels being the peaceful Thargoid faction unless they evolved differently or the guardians themselves as the architecture does not fit imo i would imagine they flew around in ships much like the Goa'uld if we ever see their crafts, or something alike anyway. Geometry is not right i know that much.

What if the bio weapon the Guardians made was not the Thargoids at all, these things went rogue and will wipe out anything in its path ?

The hole here being why have the goids seemed to attack fed ships, maybe they are working with this other species on the quiet ? i dont know, but if we are to believe the attacks on them are Thargoid attacks then it would seem they have attacked themselves no ? or is something else attacking the feds entirely and the goids are as interested in that as we are?

Here are some pics i have put together showing this clear difference in architecture and to shed light on what i have found and mentioned above.

Here you can see the main largest objects in question

35527737592_cc899abf14_c.jpg

Here is a closer look, almost H.R Giger in appearance i think

35527804432_1ff7f0bb8d_c.jpg

Here i think its easy to see a distinct difference between the goid spiney almost dragon tooth-like structures and the black satin covered space squid/flea-like structure

34887359553_d059aea9c1_c.jpg

Another view of one of them

35657550806_665a04899c_c.jpg

I thought this almost looks like a jaw too

35527929312_8e9af92718_c.jpg

These two pictured from above do not follow any symmetry or pattern when look upon from high above the site

34887907033_53514e1176_c.jpg

So i then started to notice the weapon damage to these structures and note worthy of how similar to that of the damage i/we have seen on the capital ships and the corvette distress signal in the very same system, so why would Thargoids attack themselves ?

Some examples of this weapons damage to these dark mysterious structures/objects

35566459971_52ff32dcd7_c.jpg
[/url]

More damage, i noticed dead centre here on my cross-hair that possible symbol/shape.. which i did see repeated on another, may just be a texture though

35310016810_28436b8a4d_c.jpg

Some more weapons fire damage shots below

34887773983_09a5654cf9_c.jpg

35657958826_3cbb22fa58_c.jpg

Notice the same honeycomb effect found on Fed ships too

35528368732_7525c91987_c.jpg

Another one here, one of many that seem far more decayed than the other ones which you can see from much higher ( the 4 large ones )

35566770521_1a2e834c0c_c.jpg

I thought this may be note worthy too, possible weapons fire damage on the central Thargoid structure ?

34856619644_a98118cc5a_c.jpg

Last edited:
At Lavecon Fdev Q&A confirmed that the flower/bumblebee were thargoids.... but I dont buy it.

I still believe the bumblesbees were running away from a real Thargoid in the 2.4 trailer.

How can Thargoids return in 2.4 if the bumblebees are thargoids... they been pulling cmdrs since 2.2.

So I still believe we have a massive plot and fdev have made the majority of the community think the bumblebee is the thargoid scout ship which it is not.... or we have the multiple thargoid interwar... either way the real Thrargoids wont be here until 2.4.

At Lavecon Fdev Q&A confirmed that the flower/bumblebee were thargoids.... but I dont buy it.

I still believe the bumblesbees were running away from a real Thargoid in the 2.4 trailer.

How can Thargoids return in 2.4 if the bumblebees are thargoids... they been pulling cmdrs since 2.2.

So I still believe we have a massive plot and fdev have made the majority of the community think the bumblebee is the thargoid scout ship which it is not.... or we have the multiple thargoid interwar... either way the real Thrargoids wont be here until 2.4.

Dude you simply didn't get the 2.4 trailer. That is the trailer was to show us the thargoids are coming and the corrosive green stuff was there to be linked visually with them.

Visual storytelling 101. It's something FD does well since they keep it simple.

yeah, i can see your view here,.. but maybe they just mean " The Return " in a sense of "en masse".

Certainly interesting if the flower ships are not goids at all, that means these bases are not either.. that said though the flower ships do tend to look like the goids of old where-as if i was correct in these objects being another species again they certainly do not look like any thargoids we saw before recent times.

Definitely interesting though, another thing to consider haha.

Can't argue with that...

if there is in fact two different factions or sub species of thargoids then they have a much different look than each other then.

There are two Thargoid groups, the Oresians and the Klaxians and no they don't get along very well.
The Oresians have shown in the past not to be hostile towards humans as definition, the Klaxians are pure evil.
We the humans and Oresians have a common enemy, the Klaxians.
I think we should be carefull and not make the enemy of our enemy a second enemy.

There are two Thargoid groups, the Oresians and the Klaxians and no they don't get along very well.
The Oresians have shown in the past not to be hostile towards humans as definition, the Klaxians are pure evil.
I think we should be carefull and not make the enemy of our enemy a second enemy.

yes i have only just come to learn of these the last few days, so we can tell the goids have political or empathetic differences to each-other at least. noted. Then if these sites are a battle aftermath then i guess their ships/structures took very different designs paths.

I guess time will tell :)

The ruins also mention a great ancient galactic war in which bio weapons were used.. this could be a lot of things... guns- hmm maybe but too simplistic, WMD- again good, but too narrow a field to affect billions of stars...maybe. Trained semi sentient alien beasties to kill your enemies.. good,yes, yes, great idea- let's make something that can do our dirty work for as we are "higher beings"- but i say look what happened to Australia when bunnies were used to kill frogs...
Now take that idea onto a galactic scale.. and the bunnies became sentient... They break loose of their shackles and went on a rampage, killing EVERYTHING...the only good ancient is a dead one..... Some of the ancients & good goids(and maybe some bad ones) who were at war at the time, made a peace treaty & legged it to our area of space.
But they got found thousands of years later, & terminated by the killer bunnies, but then the meat & water bags (Humans) invented a plague, it killed all off all the bunnies off(or so we all thought).

Now the bunnies are back, and it's payback!

Last edited:

Currently with the retcon and unclarified changes this isn't confirmed yet.

The best we can say is that it was like that pre retcon but might hold up due to barnacles having what looks like a faction icon on them.

Ok so now i am thinking the Oresians need our help and the Klaxians are what we should prepare for. I think its either this or these objects are another species anyway.

yes i have only just come to learn of these the last few days, so we can tell the goids have political or empathetic differences to each-other at least. noted. Then if these sites are a battle aftermath then i guess their ships/structures took very different designs paths.

I guess time will tell :)

For all we know we could be activating Klaxian nests.
The two different color "stars" in the projection you see when activating the device could be Klaxian vs Oresion positions, who knows?
When my son watched a vid of the activation of the device he noticed all the eggsacks on the ceiling, his comment was, so the thing in the middle with six legs is the queen!?
What if we're waking up Thargoid queens........

Time will tell if our sience by activating all those things turns out to be ignorant stupidity or not.

Can't argue with that...

if there is in fact two different factions or sub species of thargoids then they have a much different look than each other then.

Not according to the lore.
The Oresrians look almost identical to the Thargoids. Most people don't even know the difference.

The photos remind me of some kind of chrysalis ..... a chrysalis can appear dead until it hatches [where is it].

And they can remain dormant a long time .... cicadas are 14 years, I believe.

The ruins also mention a great ancient galactic war in which bio weapons were used.. this could be a lot of things... guns- hmm maybe but too simplistic, WMD- again good, but too narrow a field to affect billions of stars...maybe. Trained semi sentient alien beasties to kill your enemies.. good,yes, yes, great idea- let's make something that can do our dirty work for as we are "higher beings"- but i say look what happened to Australia when bunnies were used to kill frogs...
Now take that idea onto a galactic scale.. and the bunnies became sentient... They break loose of their shackles and went on a rampage, killing EVERYTHING...the only good ancient is a dead one..... Some of the ancients & good goids(and maybe some bad ones) who were at war at the time, made a peace treaty & legged it to our area of space.
But they got found thousands of years later, & terminated by the killer bunnies, but then the meat & water bags (Humans) invented a plague, it killed all of the bunnies off(or so we all thought). Now the bunnies are back, and it's payback!

[url]https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p235x350/19554415_10208981300475361_8114949851963207720_n.jpg?oh=f383e8c4ad4b9a71ffa4356be04df753&oe=59D85CD3
[/URL]

yeah i like this, i think these black objects look alive or rather were... some more skeletal than others at the site seem to be... maybe the scavs have been at those longer... interesting.... i was in my mind seeing these black objects as much like the Tyranids from 40K or the Aliens in the avengers.

vlcsnap-2012-05-17-11h03m57s102.png

1365378707411.jpg

Yes I heard about that distinction between Klaxians and Oresrians being both Thargoids.
I like the idea, but where does this info come from?
It is not in 'The Dark Wheel'.
In that book the Oresrians are described as being a sister race of the Thargoids.
There is no mention of Klaxians.

Last edited:
Oh thanks OP

Just as I'm getting over the nightmares of investigating the crashed wossit on 14909, you have to point these things out

Bill

<<wondering if he'll ever sleep again............ without waking up screaming !!!!!!!!! [woah]

Ok so now i am thinking the Oresians need our help and the Klaxians are what we should prepare for. I think its either this or these objects are another species anyway.

You think like I do.
If the Oresians are being hunted by the Klaxians then we should try to form some kind of alliance.
What if the Flower ships are Oresians letting us know they're here, personally I think that if the Flowers were Klaxians they wouldn't just scan our ships, they'd blow us to smithereens at first sight.
At E3 it was already mentioned that they know more about us than we about them, so Klaxians would've known already how to destroy us.
Oresians might use the hyperdictions as a way of introduction and that they mean us no harm.

You think like I do.
If the Oresians are being hunted by the Klaxians then we should try to form some kind of alliance.
What if the Flower ships are Oresians letting us know they're here, personally I think that if the Flowers were Klaxians they wouldn't just scan our ships, they'd blow us to smithereens at first sight.
At E3 it was already mentioned that they know more about us than we about them, so Klaxians would've known already how to destroy us.
Oresians might use the hyperdictions as a way of introduction and that they mean us no harm.

It would be mad if they are trying to guide us to these sites in order to show us their presence and it is in fact a queen with her eggs and we're instead activating them :S not good. . . i think the flower ships, whatever they end up being are not hostile, there just is no evidence of that at the moment anyway and at the moment whatever these other things are, are at the sites we're being led to. Maybe the scavs are breaking the older existing ones down and using the goid structures energy to nest them ? Its hard to see in my images i uploaded but at the damage sites on these black objects the scavs are there doing " something " to it.

...love this game.

Top Bottom