NPC Crew visible and working in our ship proposal

NPC multicrew is something that at the moment is available only for combat. You have a guy on board that control your weapons or fly your SLF.
  • I would like to see multicrew extended to other scopes.
  • They will sit in that empty seat in your cockpit and will take care of their duties through control panels (so we don't necessary need to see them walking around since this feature is not in the game). They don't even need to be fully animated. They just need to fill the empty seat.

They will take 5% of your income related to their task: explorer assistants will take 5% from the cartography data only, flight attendants from passenger missions only and so on…

Here are the careers:

FLIGHT ATTENDANTS FOR PASSENGER TRANSPORT:
The Flight Attendant is optional if you fly Economy Class up to 50 passengers.
A Flight Attendant is mandatory if you want to carry more than 50 passengers or if you install a cabin class from Business to Luxury.
They make announcements (acted with real voice, it can be disabled in the sound options):
Please return to your seat and fasten your seatbelts”: when requesting take-off or engaging thrusters when the ship is landed on a planet.
Welcome to your destination, we hope you enjoyed flying with us”: when landing at a destination station.
They take care of the passengers by controlling the cabin services through the seat control panel.
They take 5% of your passenger mission reward. If you chose a reward with no credits (REP, INF, Materials), they take 5% of the mission credits reward (value considered from the credits only reward) from your account.

CARGO HANDLERS FOR CARGO TRANSPORT:
Their presence is mandatory for safety reason if you want to transport more than 200 units of cargo. For lower quantities they’re optional.
Their job is to coordinate the station systems and to manage the cargo space in the ship.
They are licensed for ships docking procedure. Like an advanced docking computer, they can undock and dock your ship so you don’t need to install that additional module.
They take 5% of your delivery mission reward. If you chose a reward with no credits (REP, INF, Materials), they take 5% of the mission credits reward (value considered from the credits only reward) from your account.

EXPLORER ASSISTANT:
Their presence is optional.
They can perform multiple tasks:
  • In the FSS when you scan a main planet all related moons will be automatically resolved
  • They can fly the ship in supercruise and keep the ship in orbit around a planet (like the Supercruise Assist)
  • They can repair the FSD up to 90% health
They take 5% of your interstellar cartography income.

MECHANIC:
Their presence is optional.
They can repair any ship module and the hull up to 90%.
They take 5% from any of your income.

ENGINEER:
They allows you to apply a temporary Grade 3 modification to one of your modules or hardpoints.
They also adds 1 pip to your power distributor.
They take 5% from any of your income.

dxm55

Banned
All good. More life on the cockpit or bridge of the larger ships is always good.
More immersion. More scripted or random banter between the crew.
At least it might make long journeys more fun.

There're no details about how we find the crew for these roles. Can I reassign my SLF pilots to these roles? It's not so easy finding a face I can stand to look at.

No need for special explorer payment or any other. They already take their percentage from whatever income you have. My self trained elite crewmember takes 10% from all my income and thats fine. but I agree: they must be visible in the cockpit if there is a seat available.

But I have asked for that several times before: I want to see my crewmembers in the cockpit!

Please

o7

To reduce the chance of them suddenly deciding to request 2 tons of clothes, domestic appliances or animal meat or whatever.
I forgot to mention that they will replace those stupid requests... Tourists that ask to kill enemies... Everytime I go to greece I always take a couple of enemies with me to entertain the taxi driver!

There're no details about how we find the crew for these roles. Can I reassign my SLF pilots to these roles? It's not so easy finding a face I can stand to look at.

The existing Crew menu is extended and it is filtered per type of career. The combat pilots will remain in their sections.
It is not possible to assign another role to the NPC because they have a specific federal certification.
Their faces will be according to their role:
Flight Attendants (M/F) will have a nice looking.
Most cargo handlers and mechanics instead have scarfs or particular signs on the face.
Explorers assistants will have same odds to be nice or ugly.
Engineers will have a clean face, not necessarily beautiful, but no scarf nor intimidating expressions.

You can drop them at a starport when you don't need them and you can call them when you are in another station. The transport time is a standard counter of 2 minutes in the bubble. If you are in Colonia you can't transfer them but you can easily hire new ones when you're there because they are common.

If you don't want them anymore you can fire them anytime you're docked at a starport.

dxm55

Banned

Tell me about it. The future is full of ugly people, probably genetically damaged by cosmic radiation.

Where are my space beauties?

I really like the idea of extra crew mechanics, though the G3 engineering seems OP. Any benefits should be pilot rank based (like SLF pilots) and still require materials. The current global profit sharing model is just fine, job costing is too evil Uber/Bezosian. I mean who would sign up as a crew member on a ship that could offer zero pay at your bosses whim, not without a sizable retainer any way. Besides, the current rank based costs are just fine, and having ranked crew means the benefits should scale as well by the quality of the AI and their job efficiency.

I can imagine the presentation lines for an engineer:

"I've been working for Felicity Farseer for 10 long years, I started as a simple assistant but I gained a lot of experience supporting the research and the development of new Frame Shift Drive Technologies. Then I started my own laboratory and I launched the development of new modules that one day might change the way we travel across the galaxy. Now I need money and investors to finalize my projects so give me 5% of your income while I'm onboard and all my experience is at your service CMDR".

I see some technical challenge here. There are plenty of crew members. Every one of them has unique look. So for every one of them someone need to produce full 3D model. I don't know how many are they. 5000?
Or maybe holo-me option for our crew member would be interesting thing.

Tell me about it. The future is full of ugly people, probably genetically damaged by cosmic radiation.

Where are my space beauties?

I have spent a lot time to find my SLF pilot. She is beautiful. Looks like Mackenzie Davis, didn't she?
I'm very careful when seting her active when going to populated system where some other commanders would like to shoot my ship. I can't loose her.

Screenshot_0225.jpg

Only if it's optional to see them and have them there. I personally prefer not having a bunch of useless crew, as if leaving things up to the computer to run and maintain.

I see some technical challenge here. There are plenty of crew members. Every one of them has unique look. So for every one of them someone need to produce full 3D model. I don't know how many are they. 5000?
Or maybe holo-me option for our crew member would be interesting thing.
They can re-use the crew that we already have in game. No need to make new ones. They didn't care to change descriptions (these are just shuffled pre-written lines) why should they care about their appearance?
The only thing that needs to be manually done is to filter the nice faces for the flight attendants and the ugly/ruined ones for mechanics and cargo handlers to be more realistic.

Top Bottom