Livestream Discovery Scanner 5 - Crafting the Krait MkII with Jordan Clarry and Pawel Ptaszynski

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

Next week, we'll be bringing to you the next episode of our Discovery Scanner series!

3D artists Jordan Clarry and Pawel Ptaszynski will be showing the process of bringing ships from concept to construction. In this episode, we'll explore how the Krait MkII was turned from a drawing into a ship that we now fly across the galaxy of Elite Dangerous.

Livestream details
  • Topic – Discovery Scanner - Crafting the Krait MkII
  • Date – 27 June 2019
  • Time – 18:00 (UTC)
  • WhereClick here!
See you there!

Greetings Commanders,

Next week, we'll be bringing to you the next episode of our Discovery Scanner series!

3D artists Jordan Clarry and Pawel Ptaszynski will be showing the process of bringing ships from concept to construction. In this episode, we'll explore how the Krait MkII was turned from a drawing into a ship that we now fly across the galaxy of Elite Dangerous.

Livestream details
  • Topic – Discovery Scanner - Crafting the Krait MkII
  • Date – 27 June 2019
  • Time – 18:00 (UTC)
  • WhereClick here!
See you there!
Now, there's a livestream I'm looking forward to!
Thanks, Will.

Now this I can look forward to!

Some comments / questions:

What software do you use for 3D modelling?
Do you have a polygon budget? If so, what is it?
Is the polygon budget the same for each ship- i.e. does the Anaconda have the same as a Sidewinder?
There were some Alliance decals on the floor at one point (someone saw them in VR) - was the Krait MK II supposed to be (retches into bucket) Alliance?
Will other ship interiors be brought up to the Kraits level, or is the Krait special?
The Anaconda has visible damage. Although no other ship has that, do you plan for it in the design? (i.e. do you make allowances for it even though its not 'in'?)
How do you decide on the hardpoint positions / number? Do you iterate several locations or are they set early on before the modelling takes place?

We know Spacelegs are coming- will the Krait be the interior posterboy (just as the Anaconda has the detailed explodable exterior?)

Did the Krait Phantoms design influence the Krait MK IIs in any way? Do you plan ahead (for example the 3 seat cockpit being quite modular in the MK II) or does your producer walk in and say 'make me a version of this (pointing at a concept on the office wall)'?

That's the good stuff right there!
RAJy17J.gif

A stream to look forward too, and notified well in advance too :D

I guess they'll show upcoming content once they are ready to show upcoming content.

They were happy enough to take the money, I'd like a progress report. We used to get them, we can have them again. Anyone that doesn't want the surprise to be spoiled can just cover their eyes & ears ;)

A stream to look forward too, and notified well in advance too :D

They were happy enough to take the money, I'd like a progress report. We used to get them, we can have them again. Anyone that doesn't want the surprise to be spoiled can just cover their eyes & ears ;)
Sadly that's not how it works. I'd like to know more about the stuff my LEP will get me just like you do.
But they'll not change their marketing plans just because a few random guys on the internet say so.

Top Bottom