To space and back again!

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello folks,

Today, I come with a bittersweet announcement! As of today, I will be disembarking from my ship and role at Frontier as Lead Community Manager. I’ll be handing over my pilot’s license to our newest recruit… who will be introducing themselves to you in the coming days!

However… this isn’t entirely farewell. I shall be embarking on a new journey, here at Frontier and one that I’m personally very excited about. I will be starting as a Product Manager for some of Frontier’s many new published titles… which our excellent Community Management team will no doubt be showing you in the near future (maybe they’ll even invite me back on a livestream now and then)!

I have been in community management for about five years now, and I can, safely and most assuredly, say that there hasn’t been a community quite like Frontier’s, but more specifically, Elite Dangerous’. Over the last couple of years (which I’ve absolutely adored), I’ve come to meet so many people from the community and have forged lasting friendships.

Many of you have been with me from my timid foray into the great expanse of the Frontier community. You’ve been with me when I’ve had to make both the exciting (and sometimes disappointing) announcements, supported me as I gained confidence on livestreams, and shared a beer with me at the many public events I’ve had the privilege of representing Frontier at. Every year, I’ve gotten to meet so many of you, in the UK, from Europe and across the pond in the States too. Nothing brought me more enjoyment than meeting our community face to face, chatting about Elite Dangerous… as well as all the other antics that occurred, mostly around my fascination with the weird, my kimono and far too much dabbing. #dab4lyfe

It has truly been an honour to represent the Elite Dangerous community as your Community Manager and I’m quite sure I could write pages of all the great stories and memories I’ve experienced over the last couple of years. There are amazing Commanders out there who go above and beyond to bring happiness to friends, families and comrades, as well as raising money for great causes. I beseech you to keep it up, it’s incredibly inspiring!

Elite Dangerous has an impressive and exciting future, and I cannot wait until it is unveiled to you in all of its glory. Keep sharing your passion and your feedback with the team, and most importantly: keep in touch!

Thanks for being an awesome community and... see you in the black, Commanders.

o7

Hello folks,

Today, I come with a bittersweet announcement! As of today, I will be disembarking from my ship and role at Frontier as Lead Community Manager. I’ll be handing over my pilot’s license to our newest recruit… who will be introducing themselves to you in the coming days!

However… this isn’t entirely farewell. I shall be embarking on a new journey, here at Frontier and one that I’m personally very excited about. I will be starting as a Product Manager for some of Frontier’s many new published titles… which our excellent Community Management team will no doubt be showing you in the near future (maybe they’ll even invite me back on a livestream now and then)!

I have been in community management for about five years now, and I can, safely and most assuredly, say that there hasn’t been a community quite like Frontier’s, but more specifically, Elite Dangerous’. Over the last couple of years (which I’ve absolutely adored), I’ve come to meet so many people from the community and have forged lasting friendships.

Many of you have been with me from my timid foray into the great expanse of the Frontier community. You’ve been with me when I’ve had to make both the exciting (and sometimes disappointing) announcements, supported me as I gained confidence on livestreams, and shared a beer with me at the many public events I’ve had the privilege of representing Frontier at. Every year, I’ve gotten to meet so many of you, in the UK, from Europe and across the pond in the States too. Nothing brought me more enjoyment than meeting our community face to face, chatting about Elite Dangerous… as well as all the other antics that occurred, mostly around my fascination with the weird, my kimono and far too much dabbing. #dab4lyfe

It has truly been an honour to represent the Elite Dangerous community as your Community Manager and I’m quite sure I could write pages of all the great stories and memories I’ve experienced over the last couple of years. There are amazing Commanders out there who go above and beyond to bring happiness to friends, families and comrades, as well as raising money for great causes. I beseech you to keep it up, it’s incredibly inspiring!

Elite Dangerous has an impressive and exciting future, and I cannot wait until it is unveiled to you in all of its glory. Keep sharing your passion and your feedback with the team, and most importantly: keep in touch!

Thanks for being an awesome community and... see you in the black, Commanders.

o7
Congrats!

Cheers Will, thanks for your time in the Community team! Hopefully we'll meet you again in future events when Covid-19 will calm down.
I'm eager to learn more about the future of Elite and its Cmty team :)

Now... redirecting ignored Mail & Private Message to the lucky new Cmty lead :p

Top Bottom