Colonia Speedrun Competition (w/Buckyball Racing & Frontier - PRIZES!!!)

AND THE WINNERS ARE IN!!
Full leaderboard here: Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/z1SRicl

Engineered PC
1st Place: Ravenov 1:14:44
2nd Place: SmilingNight 1:19:47
3rd Place: Goosefraba 1:19:59

Please contact me via Discord or Email (both linked in the stream here:
Source: https://youtu.be/5HFDrt23bHA

Multiple Entries Allowed!
we've also decided to allow multiple entries as I've changed our process to make that easier. So if you've already entered and would like to have another go, or you enter and get time/decide to do another run you're welcome to submit as many as you like (be reasonable please!) and we'll take the fastest runs we see. No need to wait until the end now, submit when you want and if you have time to have another go feel free!

Winner Stream
Tuesday, September 15th, 6PM BST (1PM EST)
--------------------------------

I'm happy to announce that in cooperation with Buckyball Racing (big thanks to Alec Turner) and the entire Community Management team at Frontier the Colonia Speedrun Competition! The rules are below but in short it's the fastest to Jacques Station in Colonia, leaving from Buckyball's home station of Rebuy Prospect. There will be separate prizes for PC and console players so console players don't have to compete against the various 3rd party tools that are much easier on PC.

Full Details
Source: https://youtu.be/efdVfi4r0z8

Entry Deadline (entries are open now!)
Midnight PST Sunday September 6th

Winners Announced
Tuesday September 8th (Time TBA - on stream)
(we may extend based on interest)

Prizes!!
  • 1st Place: $20 Steam Gift Card, 3 Ship Skins
  • 2nd Place: $10 Steam Gift Card, 2 Ship Skins
  • 3rd Place: $5 Steam Gift Card, 1 Ship Skin

NOTE: Gift cards are only offered in the engineered competition, unengineered winners will received ship skins only

Engineered Competition
  • MUST be in Solo mode (and include evidence in video)
  • All engineering, synthesis, Guardian modules, neutrons are allowed
  • 3rd party routing tools allowed
  • NO exploits/cheating
  • Any ships
Unengineered Competition
  • MUST be in Solo mode (and include evidence in video)
  • NO engineering or synthesis
  • NO Guardian modules
  • Neutron boosting allowed
  • 3rd party routing tools allowed
  • NO Anacondas
Start
  • System: Fullerene C60
  • Station: Rebuy Prospect

End
  • System: Colonia
  • Station: Jacques Station
For any questions please stop by the Level 11 Discord (#colonia-speedrun channel). Best of luck everyone!!!

~Exigeous

Last edited:
While you folks are revving your engines at Rebuy Prospect in Fullerene C60 why not visit the local Commodity Market and pick up a Buckyball Beer Mat or two?

MKvDnKz.jpg

Combined with a vintage 10k Fuel Rat rescue logo on the flipside, these quality items will add a certain je nes sais quoi to your cockpit during your spedrun attempt and can be sold for a small fortune once you get to Colonia! Haven't got room? Ditch the shields. Like it says on the beer mat - Win It Or Bin It.

Terms and conditions apply. When we say a small fortune, we mean a "small" fortune. Carrying 1t of beer mats in your cargo will add to the weight of your ship, reduce the jump range and thereby seriously jeopardise your chances of winning this race. "Ditching your shields" can seriously endanger the lives of you and your crew. The items seen above are for marketting purposes only and are not representative of the actual beer mats, which may appear smaller than shown. The Buckyball Racing Club accepts no liability for any loss of earnings or damage to reputation caused by owning a Buckyball Beer Mat (or any loss of life caused by "ditching your shields"). "Buckyball" and the Buckyball logo are trademarks of The Buckyball Racing Club, formerly owned by ElectricZ (no fixed abode).

What ship skins are we talking about? The Frontier paint jobs for Krait/Mamba? The event paint jobs they had on various conventions (e.g. the PAX stuff)? A pick from the list of buyables?

Managed to get 2 hours 4 minutes 55 secs on PS4 today, question are Xbox and PS4 going head to head?

Yep, we split consoles away from PC primarily due to the ease of using 3rd party routing tools on PC (specifically the ability to copy/paste system names). So yes, PS4 and Xbox One are head to head, separate from PC.

What ship skins are we talking about? The Frontier paint jobs for Krait/Mamba? The event paint jobs they had on various conventions (e.g. the PAX stuff)? A pick from the list of buyables?

I honestly don't know - I haven't asked Frontier as I didn't want to annoy them given their generosity. My assumption would be the Frontier Krait and Mamabe, maybe some of the PAX and other "packs", etc. If they give me a range of them I'll let folks pick (in the order they contact me to claim their prizes). I'm covering the Steam Gift cards just to be clear.

Best of luck, fly quickly (but dangerously next time!)

~X

Good to see you posting again, Ex. Might give this a go in the unengineered category. Been awhile since I flew up there like that. Be like the old days...sort of.

Can I claim First Attempt?

20200820160002_1.jpg

Time set, start. 21:00:00

---

Had a few false starts as you'll see in the video down below. But the official starting time was right here at Rebuy. Jittery, excited, and rearing to go!

20200820174705_1.jpg

Completion at 22:47:00
---
Ignore the extra 3 seconds, took that long for the screen to appear once landed. When you watch the video, you'll see the landing gear couple at exactly 22:47:00.

Video evidence:

The video is from a stream I did on my Twitch Channel, for witnesses and company alike.

Official Time: 1 hour, 47 Minutes, 0 Seconds

---
My group and I have a long lasting relationship with me being stupidly fast at things. Including Planetary Circumnavigations in 24 hours (I made it 8,250 km for a full circumnav), flying to beagle in a mere day because I was bored, jumping planets in SRV's, and well, now making it to Colonia in 1:47:00.

Before you ask, no I didn't do anything special. I used Spansh, a not-fully-engineered anaconda, and a bit of jumponium. All the tools are provided thanks to the wonderful community. I tried my hand at downloading the galaxy from spansh and using Dijkstra's algorithm to find a shortest path, buttttt that was going to take me a few weeks to map out and I really didn't want to wait that long. So here it is!

Thanks for the wonderful event. Go out there and beat my time!

If you want to come say hi to me and my group, Alchemy Den, feel free to stop by and say hello. More friends are always nice ❤

Arburich, CMDR Luna Sidhara

Can I claim First Attempt? .....

Official Time: 1 hour, 47 Minutes, 0 Seconds

Arburich, CMDR Luna Sidhara

That's AWESOME!!! I didn't think we'd get any entries this fast! Time recorded, FYI - I won't be sharing any times publicly until we announce the winners, as I don't want to discourage entries from folks who think/know they won't win (I made this mistake last year in the Elite Speedrun I did).

Okay let's get going!!!

I still have over 500 jumps before I'm home, and that takes HOURS even at full-sprint. There's a ways to go before I'm ready.

You could always self-destruct and just spawn back home. If you spawn in Colonia jump in a Sidewinder, die and respawn in the bubble. Then ship your ship home (assuming you have another ship in the bubble you can use). Just an idea - if you don't care about the exploration data, which you probably do.

~X

Also, just a pitch...if the unengineered bracket were really aimed for novices (like myself), I think there should be no neutron boosting, so basically like Buckyball Classic rules. (If only you could've seen me in Buckyball Discord channel trying to work out the logistics of Neutron Highway...) That'd be the only thing I'd change if my word held any kind of power. Plus the external tools are an extra lesson in and of itself.

Last edited:
Also, just a pitch...if the unengineered bracket were really aimed for novices (like myself), I think there should be no neutron boosting, so basically like Buckyball Classic rules. That'd be the only thing I'd change if my word held any kind of power. Plus the external tools are an extra lesson in and of itself.

Why? I've had one other person make this comment - you certainly don't have to use them, but why would you not want to? The first time or two they are a bit tricky but after that they are really really easy.

If you're new to them
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vnEoFOSHIY

~X

The third-party tools, the figuring out how to self-repair from the FSD damage they cause, calculating optimal fuel levels to chain up Neutron stars...wasn't as simple as plug in "Sol to Checkpoint to Colonia" in the in-game SpaceGPS. Logistics.

Top Bottom