Elite Dangerous Community Schedule W/C 2nd August 2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

Welcome to another week in the Elite Dangerous galaxy! As always on Mondays, it's time for a look ahead at what the week holds in the Community Schedule:

fpDvQ35.png

Monday
Commander Creations
: Last week was so busy with Update 6 news that we didn't have time to post your wonderful Commander Creations! We'll be rectifying that with a forum post today.

Tuesday
Flight Assist-Off Challenge:
Zac & Bruce will be continuing their self-inflicted trial of Flight Assist-off flying challenges. This can only go terribly.

Wednesday
Stellar Screenshots:
Now the Camera Suite improvements are in the game, we can't wait to see the new creative shots that the photographers of the Elite universe are going to submit to #StellarScreenshots moving forward! Make sure your entries are in by Wednesday for this week's cut off.

ED Elite Club: Wednesday will see another round of new entrants into the coveted #EDEliteClub! If you recently reached any Elite rank, make sure to share an image on Twitter using the hashtag #EDEliteClub for a chance to be featured.

Thursday
Camera Suite Stream:
We'll be putting the new Camera Suite to work on Thursday's stream with some good old fashioned sightseeing and photography! Let's see what new shots we can capture.

Friday
Commander Creations:
Our second instalment of Commander Creations for the week is due on Friday! Make sure to submit your entries using the hashtag #CommanderCreations or posting in today's thread once that goes live!

Supercruise News will be returning next week!

Let's have another fantastic week Commanders,

o7

Any chance that Tuesday's stream could be done on either Xbox or Playstation - Send a bit of love towards the console colleagues.

the rest of the week looks PC centric.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Any chance that Tuesday's stream could be done on either Xbox or Playstation - Send a bit of love towards the console colleagues.

Sorry blink week you said? PlayStation. Never heard of it CMDR. 😋

That said we will get some love eventually? Right? Right?! 🤞

Not likely this week, but feedback noted. We'll see if we can get a console stream in again soon!

cough PS5 cough.

Hi Zac!May i ask is it possible to translate Elite Dangerous into Chinese? Lots of chinese players gave up this wonderful game just because language barrier.

With all the delays to console and the amount of console players that have walked from the game because of the delays I'm really expecting them to announce there aren't enough console players left for it to be viable for them to release Odyssey on console. I fear we're being forced from the game so it goes back to being PC only. This console player is holding on though in the hope I'm wrong, please let me be wrong I absolutely love this game

With all the delays to console and the amount of console players that have walked from the game because of the delays I'm really expecting them to announce there aren't enough console players left for it to be viable for them to release Odyssey on console. I fear we're being forced from the game so it goes back to being PC only. This console player is holding on though in the hope I'm wrong, please let me be wrong I absolutely love this game
Have to admit that's what my pessimistic side thinks as well and wouldn't be surprised, I did used to be positive well about six months ago. Recently it has felt like console players are being isolated. Am hanging on for now though as well but I'm rapidly losing my motivation for Elite :(

Why not have a focused feedback thread on what the community would like to see from the CM team, take that internal then come back with some feedback?

A weekly newsletter is a bit much maybe, but the Kickstarter period of comms and engagement with design forum, peeks of the week, etc. were light-years ahead of these hours of weekly streams and forum participation saying "i'lll take that inside for you".

Focused Feedback Forums are the best tool FD has wielded since; but they are under-utilized. There isn't any real forum management. Participation on forums by CM team exists but even now, is limited to "got that" type comments and fire-fighting. But no real methodical management of the community or information from the game world.

Why does FDev think hours of streams a week are a good use of time/money? If you want to feature an in-game group once a week and do it via in-game stream then ok, but really don't see the utility of more than that- especially given the current state of things and the fact most folks are regulars, watching for free stuff or info leaks. And there is no shortage of streams featuring Elite Dangerous.

FDev is a business. Consoles are a huge market. ED is on console (just not Odyssey). They will port to consoles once they get their stuff sorted. Although it isn't clear how long that will take, they do seem to be making steady progress. I'm pretty sure that FDev were surprised at how bad performance was at launch, although they probably anticipated normal launch week or two crunch fixes.

Top Bottom