Powerplay 5C (Fifth Column) strikes Felicia Winters. Frontier needs to act.

I'd like to hear you and Sun from AD send out a statement here and at the Reddit entry of this same post that you're not responsible for this 5C'ing suddenly happening to Winters (more has happenned, as you are4 well aware, I know) and that you disown it and condemn the "do anything to win" mode that these players are using.. which if they succeed, conveneinetly benefits you and AD directly.. and the Empire as a whole.

This 5C tonnage is not unusual, they dumped 40k on a Torval system in the last hour once. You have the resources to cover that margin so I'm afraid you'll just have to build the safety margin into your operation. The fact of the matter is that if you want Weaponised Expansions, which I don't, then you'll also have the chance for someone to Weaponise something you really don't want Weaponised.
CMDR Justinian Octavius

I'd like to hear you and Sun from AD send out a statement here and at the Reddit entry of this same post that you're not responsible for this 5C'ing suddenly happening to Winters (more has happenned, as you are4 well aware, I know) and that you disown it and condemn the "do anything to win" mode that these players are using.. which if they succeed, conveneinetly benefits you and AD directly.. and the Empire as a whole.

While I can't speak for them, the weekly objective post from Cori in AD's section mentioned a 5C action that dumped a wasteful system on AD's neck and now something has to be done about it.

There's that old phrase: Misery loves company. Apparently it's happening to several other powers as well. I do agree, though, that FD really, really needs to address this issue of the Fifth Column. If it's something players can do, then FD needs to put in a method of allowing the players involved with any given power a method to defeat 5C activity.

Last edited:
5C isn't a new thing, this shouldn't be something that has to be explained to someone who is this invested in Powerplay. People have tried to get a response out of fdev for a long time and gotten next to nothing. I know of only one time when action against 5C was taken, and even then only indirectly. In this case 5C activity was performed using automation and fdev only reacted once clear evidence of it was presented to them by players.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...tion-into-further-abuses-of-BGS-and-Powerplay

Since then this 5C activity has moved into solo and has become completly invisible. Powers have adopted to it in different ways. Mahon keeps their CC balance low, Torval bit the dust and Aisling Duval uses raw hauling power if their vote is too low.
I pledged to AD 9 months ago and nearly every cycle HIP 1572 has been prepared with 120-150k merits (current state monday evening). There is no way this is done by humans. And fdev does nothing.

The use of automation is against the ToS and should result in punishment. Humans doing 5C, while reprehensible, is not against the ToS. Expecting fdev to punish the latter while bots are ignored is absurd.

Since then this 5C activity has moved into solo and has become completly invisible. Powers have adopted to it in different ways. Mahon keeps their CC balance low, Torval bit the dust and Aisling Duval uses raw hauling power if their vote is too low.

Yup, and I've done my share of that raw hauling several times (cost me a small fortune since I fast-track often due to my limited amount of play time). This is one of the main arguments for the reason why power-play should be "Open Only". The arguments against it ran along the lines of (1) instancing means you won't always meet these players; (2) different time zones means you might never see these bots; (3) currently no cross-platform and me (pc player) will never encounter an XBOX or PS4 player, etc (this may change eventually, of course). Not being an expert on how bots are installed in a game I don't know if bots work with anything other than PC users.

I pledged to AD 9 months ago and nearly every cycle HIP 1572 has been prepared with 120-150k merits (current state monday evening). There is no way this is done by humans. And fdev does nothing. The use of automation is against the ToS and should result in punishment. Humans doing 5C, while reprehensible, is not against the ToS. Expecting fdev to punish the latter while bots are ignored is absurd.

I agree with you and again, there's that argument for making Power-Play Open Only if only to put all the players out there for others to see and interact with (in either a "help you" or "stop you from doing stuff" mode).

Either that or go with "Oh, hell, BOTS FOR EVERYONE" and make it fair for everyone again. At least if EVERYONE is using them, then we're back to a level playing field again. Personally, I'm hoping FD resolves this bot issue once and for all.

So, FDev still doesn't act and now Winters is turmoiled that bad because of faulty game mechanics. After months of 5Cing now finally ZYADA is cashing in. You should be proud, boys.

We can say it's official: Frontier Developments root for bots, cheating players, exploiters. And apparently they are only interested in the number of accounts sold, not the quality of their game.

For what it's worth I will stop buying any extra content (paintjobs etc and I bought a lot of them) until actions are taken. I do not even care about being banned for shaming: we all know who's 5Cing, they know too and they keep going because they feel untouchable.

And they are right to feel so: Frontier Developments is protecting this kind of behaviour. Maybe we should all join the 5C herd and destroy any single power from within. This terrible mechanism is feeded by us, the dumb, honest and fair-playing minority.

Again: good job! You are great!

Last edited:
I'm honestly amazed people still bother with PP. Currently I wouldn't touch it with a stick and haven't done so for years.

Yeah, right the "crybaby meme". Honestly: not so clever as you think it is. ;)

And: it's true that these faulty mechanics have been good for many groups for long periods of time and don't get me wrong: I don't blame people that play dirty (even if I find amusing all the "noble knight roleplay" around that, even if it's nothing to be surprised of, it's basically text-book psichology), or exploit everything wrong with the game, I've always said that the problem of bots, exploits, pvt/solo abuse and 5C is mostly of the developers that created something so bad designed that can be exploited that much.

The problem is: I do not see things changing in the future, so go on, troll me as much as you like and again: enjoy this faulty and bugged game and keep roleplaying the "noble empire commander" charade. You won. Yeeee,

ok my two cents: 5C works not only against Winters, but until today, Winters pilots were happy with everything. Just to repeat what another one has already said. AD has systems weekly prepared for them by 5c again and again and again. For months. Yet you don't see us complain about it as much as you do. Next, don't you dare accuse others of 5c or dirty strategies just because you are losing badly. There are large squadrons on the empire side which were undermining all week, to get this turmoil going and (nearly) everything was done in open.

unknown.png

Oh I remember Shattered Prism very well, trust me. :*

Only difference: we did not bask privately, like scared kittens. :)

And about the salt: I love salt! Apparently you loved so much that you had to 5C all the way to victory. Funny thing is: at this point you're even admitting that without shame.

But again: not your fault, devs' fault.

Really - so all those lossy systems getting magically fortified I guess was just poor planning on our side... sure.

AWC operates in open, all day, everyday.

Wow, so at least you are admitting that you did 5C Winters. That's a new. I can of course only speak beside the Kumo Crew for sure and tell you that no, we never did that, we never will even if I admit that I personally had many times thought about public 5C actions to "press the problem" to FDev (I'm happy that qbit stopped me every time).

Apparently you guys did. That's the difference between us and you.

And as for AWC operating always in Open... well... you must have great instancing issues. I blame the devs for that too, of course. It's not your fault if you hail from funny time-zones.

And again: not your fault, but at least drop the roleplaying. You are at least as bad as the other cheaters. If there are any more than you lot, of course.

Oh I remember Shattered Prism very well, trust me. :*

Only difference: we did not bask privately, like scared kittens. :)

And about the salt: I love salt! Apparently you loved so much that you had to 5C all the way to victory. Funny thing is: at this point you're even admitting that without shame.

But again: not your fault, devs' fault.

Me and 5C? I guess you have to check your brain, for accusing me of that. You only know how to cry and to blame people with something they didnt do.
Here is what i did last cycle. IN OPEN

m1.jpg
m2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure: it's the OPEN play, the one above the "private" option, not the one below, that's the SOLO play.

Meh just joking. :) Of course you did well with that, and if you really did in Open well kudos, problem is all the overfortifying around, which you guys basically admitted that was your fault considering that you are now talking about Shattered Prism (an operation that, btw, changed on course because of the overfortifying).

But the important thing is that you admitted your fortifying against Winters. Great job!

Really - so all those lossy systems getting magically fortified I guess was just poor planning on our side... sure.

Interesting. Sounds like you admit to it.

As Bard said, this is just the latest iteration of what has been wrong since like forever. It was wrong when it hit ALD, it was wrong when it hit AD, it was wrong when it hit Torval, it was wrong when it hit LYR, Mahon, us... And it was wrong to oppose the one shot we might have had to get the mechanics fixed, just because some were not done yet getting back at each others and "but muh empire!".

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm in about, ask your leadership about the different proposals by FDev to reform PP and their response.

Top Bottom