6 Cyclops later and haven't moved up a single % in combat?

Unbelievable! Each one of these things should be a guaranteed percent. Yet I'm still deadly 17% Even after relogs. You can actually kill this many of these things, after previously been horrible at it and spending hundreds of millions in rebuys and still not increase rank? A week and a half ago I moved up from 16, to 17 just killing scouts.

Also the reward is barely enough to cover repairs on a Cutter. In most cases a little shy. At least after what my crew member soaks up. Much of the time my repair cost is 1.7 million and my reward is 1.5.

Last edited:
Y
Do you have any NPC pilots with you?

Yes otherwise I can't cope with the swarm. I'll spend my entire 5800mj shield and 5800 hull health just trying to take out the initial swarm. I've dedicated numerous sessions on just trying to remote flak those things. Often, I'm escaping with no shields and 60- 70% hull, with caustic damage and no more remote flak. So I just started taking dual SLF.

My unsolicited advice: stop focusing on progress bars and just do whatever you enjoy doing in the game.

None of the Elites really mean anything, save the first one for Shinrarta access.

Yeah I've been Elite in explorer and trade for a few years. I didn't capatilize on combat ranking back when it was much easier, like most others did. I was mostly exploring.

Well, there goes half of your progress. And like said, I dunno of a Cyclops (or any other of the big crickets) will rank you up any faster than scouts do. To be honest I don't think so.

Good point. I a lot of sun with Xenoceptors at the moment though. May bust out the Krait again and get back to scouts for XP. But therein lies the problem. Scouts should not be the place for XP. Any other RPG or MMO is going to reward you for the bigger, more deadly foe. There's absolutely no reason why a Cyclops wouldn't be 1% with each harder variant being .5% raise.

Unbelievable! Each one of these things should be a guaranteed percent. Yet I'm still deadly 17% Even after relogs. You can actually this many of these things, after previously been horrible at it and spending hundreds of millions in rebuys and still not increase rank? A week and a half ago I moved up from 16, to 17 just killing scouts.

Also the reward is barely enough to cover repairs on a Cutter. In most cases a little shy. At least after what my crew member soaks up. Much of the time my repair cost is 1.7 million and my reward is 1.5.
You need 16 Scouts or 16 Cyclopses or 16 Basilisks or 16 Medusae or 16 Hydrae to gain 1% increase. They all count as Elites. And yeah, AX does not pay well. Nevertheless Cutter is an expensive ship, an overkill for a Cyclops. That's why killing one doesn't cover your expenses.

Last edited:
Good point. I a lot of sun with Xenoceptors at the moment though. May bust out the Krait again and get back to scouts for XP. But therein lies the problem. Scouts should not be the place for XP. Any other RPG or MMO is going to reward you for the bigger, more deadly foe. There's absolutely no reason why a Cyclops wouldn't be 1% with each harder variant being .5% raise.
I tend to agree with that, but since all Scouts are Elite ranked too, the real world works different I'm afraid :(
If its ranking up fast you're after, forget the Cyclops.

I'd be tempted to use the Krait for the Cyclops too - it's a better ship for it. Shame there are no AX CZ right now as they are fun to do combos in :D

I agreed that thargoids should pay more XP and cash.

It makes no sense for the big ones to count the same as a scout. I think it would make sense to have each heart count as an elite pilot. That way there is a little more incentive. The payouts could all be doubled at least.

The task requires a specialized ship that is usually expensive, so it would be cool if they could at least cover the cost or repairs.

Toss a coin to your Witcher, eh?

Deleted member 182079

D
I have no motivation to fight Thargoids. I killed a bunch of scouts, a couple of cyclops and now I can say I've done it.
Same here to be honest. I still have an AX Phantom docked in the Pleiades, but the whole AX gameplay loop (AX CZs being the exception, but they're so rare and so often broken I usually cba after a short while), and I'm getting nothing out of trying to beat any Interceptors above Cyclops on my own. Managed to end a few of them (including a Hydra once) as part of a wing (I was kind of dead weight on it, just to be clear), but it's a bit like playing a game on a higher difficulty without any real pay-off other than the ability to say "I've done it".

You need 16 Scouts or 16 Cyclopses or 16 Basilisks or 16 Medusae or 16 Hydrae to gain 1% increase. They all count as Elites. And yeah, AX does not pay well. Nevertheless Cutter is an expensive ship, an overkill for a Cyclops. That's why killing one doesn't cover your expenses.

This is mental. How... would you ever do that as a designer? I'm really confused about the thinking there. Surely the more powerful ones that take longer to kill should grant more XP....??????

It would be nice to have some AX missions that paid a little more. Something like “kill order for cyclops harassing trade routes” or destroy x number of scouts

Top Bottom