Console Copy Portal: Queue Times

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders,

Due to the overwhelming number of Commanders accessing the Console Copy Portal and the scale of data being transferred, wait times can be up to 5hrs for the copy process to complete.

Please bear in mind that you will not be able to play Elite Dangerous whilst the copy process is taking place.

You will also be unable to log in to any frontier services while the process is happening: that includes the User Portal, ARX Store and DLC Store.

This is a monumental moment! Thank you for your patience.
We're so excited to see you all soon!

o7

Last edited:
That's incredible. I saw the forum post from Bruce after refreshing the page about 100 times, did the transfer and it took about 10 minutes. I'm shocked that it's actually backed up for 5 hours now!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Sally! And thanks to the whole team for busting their butts to get this up and running today for us!

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
That's incredible. I saw the forum post from Bruce after refreshing the page about 100 times, did the transfer and it took about 10 minutes. I'm shocked that it's actually backed up for 5 hours now!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Sally! And thanks to the whole team for busting their butts to get this up and running today for us!
I know it's going to be a little bit of a long feeling stand for many right now in the queue, but at the same time I am SO HAPPY to see so very many coming over!!! WONDERFUL!!!!

Greetings Commanders,

Due to the overwhelming number of Commanders accessing the Console Copy Portal and the scale of data being transferred, wait times can be up to 5hrs for the copy process to complete.

Please bear in mind that you will not be able to play Elite Dangerous whilst the copy process is taking place.

You will also be unable to log in to any frontier services while the process is happening: that includes the User Portal, ARX Store and DLC Store.

This is a monumental moment! Thank you for your patience.
We're so excited to see you all soon!

o7
thanks sally for the update was getting worried when i saw some saying it took 10 minutes im just happy i can keep my cmndr name o7

Is anyone else having issues connecting to the server? Server Status says 'Ok' but when the game is launched I am unable to connect?
Edit1: went into settings under "Network" while the game is launched and switched to the correct network (ED chose the wrong one by default). Going to see if this fixed the issue after relaunching the game. Will update.
Edit2: this did solve the problem - **TO THOSE TRANSFERRING TODAY - make sure to check what network adapter the game has chosen to use in the 'Options' menu of the game NOT the launcher.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues connecting to the server? Server Status says 'Ok' but when the game is launched I am unable to connect?
Post automatically merged:

Called it XD

Pondering... 🤔🧐

Are the PC Open play servers ready for the influx of players this week XD

Gonna find out XD

"overwhelming number of Commanders" moving from consoles to pc. That sounds good. Odyssey may become very lively game with all of us in one place.
It would be nice to see a page with a live number of accounts being copied and some history graph of hourly amounts.

How are ticket response times for everyone? I've submitted one due to my save transfer not working and have heard nothing back in 5 days.

How are ticket response times for everyone? I've submitted one due to my save transfer not working and have heard nothing back in 5 days.
5 days seems wrong... should be under 48 business hours... (weekends don't count usually)

Did you receive the confirmation email that you opened a ticket?
If you reply to that email, it will "add" to your ticket, maybe just send them a follow up saying the issue still isn't resolved...

Edit/Addon: tomorrow, Monday Spet 19, is also a holiday for Fdev I believe.
Queen Elizabeths' Funeral.
So don't expect a response tomorrow either, just FYI.

Last edited:
5 days seems wrong... should be under 48 business hours... (weekends don't count usually)

Did you receive the confirmation email that you opened a ticket?
If you reply to that email, it will "add" to your ticket, maybe just send them a follow up saying the issue still isn't resolved...
I got the confirmation email, and added to the ticket twice. Still no response from Support.
I'm assuming it's just the result of high volumes of tickets to handle with the save transfer releasing and 4.0 on top of that. It'd still be nice to at least get an acknowledgement though.

Top Bottom