Elite Dangerous | Halloween Event: Important Deadline Information Update

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders!

With the last glimmers of ghoulishness within the Galaxy dwindling away now, as we shift into November and away from All Hallows, there's an important piece of information regarding the in game Halloween event that we must share with you.

The in game event itself will remain ever present for Commanders to discover and will not be removed, however the in game rewards recieved for working through the event phases will no longer be available to collect, as of this Friday, the 4th of November.

To be as clear as I possibly can be, you have the remainder of Wednesday (today, November 2nd UTC), all of Thursday (November 3rd UTC), but from midnight UTC - leading into Friday, November 4th (UTC) - you will no longer be able to recieve in game Halloween Event rewards for progressing through the event.

Thank you to those of you again who have participated in this year's Halloween Event!

We hope to bring more holiday specials moving forward.

o7

sallymorganmoore

Btw the shop ship filtering is still not working.
Ok so the issue that I thought you were referring to (because you mentioned "still" without too much more for me to go on so, I won't lie, I guessed at something that previously happened) appears to be working at the moment so can you help me out what you're specifically referring to with this one please (there have been multiple issues in the past before o7).

Ok so the issue that I thought you were referring to (because you mentioned "still" without too much more for me to go on so, I won't lie, I guessed at something that previously happened) appears to be working at the moment so can you help me out what you're specifically referring to with this one please (there have been multiple issues in the past before o7).
Oh, ok. So in the store, DLC > Paint jobs > Select a ship model does not change ships listed. They all remain there, though the list should show only selected model.
The same is in Chrome and Edge.
(Iirc this was mentioned on reddit as well, but if it works on server side, maybe we should clean our caches or something, huh? Edit: nope, Clear browsing data, cookies, etc. specific for Frontier store url in Chrome didn't help.)

Last edited:
Oh, ok. So in the store, DLC > Paint jobs > Select a ship model does not change ships listed. They all remain there, though the list should show only selected model.
(Iirc this was mentioned on reddit as well, but if it works on server side, maybe we should clean our caches or something, huh? Edit: nope, Clear browsing data, cookies, etc. specific for Frontier store url in Chrome didn't help.)

The website store ship filter is working OK for me on Firefox:

... although for some reason there are not many repaints listed for the Cobra MkIV ;)

I have the same problem in Firefox, Brave, Chrome and Edge
I surf to the shop and click on paint jobs, which brings me to the https://dlc.elitedangerous.com/ships/list?extra_type=180 URL. I then select a ship type and nothing changes. I select a colour type and nothing changes. The only button I have to press is the "Reset" button but nothing happens when I click on this either.
exactly the same error in chrome. firefox everything works.

sallymorganmoore

I have the same problem in Firefox, Brave, Chrome and Edge
I surf to the shop and click on paint jobs, which brings me to the https://dlc.elitedangerous.com/ships/list?extra_type=180 URL. I then select a ship type and nothing changes. I select a colour type and nothing changes. The only button I have to press is the "Reset" button but nothing happens when I click on this either.
exactly the same error in chrome. firefox everything works.
Mega helpful...looks like one of those really..."icky" ones where it's working for some and not others (myself included).
We'll take a look with all of this lovely breakdown and confirming. Thanks!

FWIW, and not sure if it's related. I bought some bling (suits) on Monday. It showed as having no discount (in fact when I shopped there didn't appear to be any discounts at all on the store). After completing the sale I seem to have received the suit paintjobs at the discounted price. This was in the chrome browser.

Greetings Commanders!

With the last glimmers of ghoulishness within the Galaxy dwindling away now, as we shift into November and away from All Hallows, there's an important piece of information regarding the in game Halloween event that we must share with you.

The in game event itself will remain ever present for Commanders to discover and will not be removed, however the in game rewards recieved for working through the event phases will no longer be available to collect, as of this Friday, the 4th of November.

To be as clear as I possibly can be, you have the remainder of Wednesday (today, November 2nd UTC), all of Thursday (November 3rd UTC), but from midnight UTC - leading into Friday, November 4th (UTC) - you will no longer be able to recieve in game Halloween Event rewards for progressing through the event.

Thank you to those of you again who have participated in this year's Halloween Event!

o7
Thanks Sally and team. Just to be clear, this is for the
Malevolent Demon paintjobs
?

Oh and...

Just like the Star Wars Holiday Special? 😜

Just like the Star Wars Holiday Special? 😜
1667398521364.png

Greetings Commanders!

o7
Believe it or not console players also celebrate such activities. I'd say o7 but then I'd be disrespecting what it stands for.

I tried in a Firefox private browsing window (no addons) and it still didn't work
FD are a bit picky - you'll usually need to accept all cookies and sundry for the website to work properly 🤷‍♂️ .

For me, if I go to the shop and list paintjobs by ship, I get this url:

Running Firefox current, ABP ad blocker, behind a (currently) dual Pihole. all cookies from FD accepted. The url makes me guess that the ship selection isn't cookies, though.

edit: sigh plaintext url:
Code:
https://dlc.elitedangerous.com/ships/list?extra_type=180&ship_model=133&ship_colour=

I can confirm what they're talking about. The video previews in the store have also been broken links for some time now. I submitted a ticket about that some time ago on the issue tracker, it's probably 'expired' by now.

Top Bottom