Discovery Scanner - 28/11/2022

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Greetings Commanders,

Forgive this week's instalment of Discovery Scanner being a little later than planned today as the Update 14 Release Schedule information took priority.

You've already caught the forum post on the schedule itself, which does heavily feature in today's DS article, however there are some other little nuggets of fun in line with that angle of news today too, for example a Frameshift Live #22 heads up and a little more.

You'll find the latest Discovery Scanner article live here: www.elitedangerous.com/news/discovery-scanner-28112022

Have a wonderful remainder of the day, Commanders o7

So over our Thanksgiving break I caved and tried ED on GeForce Now and it worked pretty well so I upgraded to Odyssey and have to say that I have a serious problem with this game. How the h*** am I supposed to go on exploring when I want to land on every atmospheric world with biology signs, then scan all the plants and roam around?? In Horizons, I could honk, scan a couple planets and move on. Now? Can't do that! Oooo atmospheric world with 5 biology?? I'm there! This little exploration trip is going to take forever! Also, a bit concerned I'm gonna get eaten by these rogue signals I keep seeing.....

So over our Thanksgiving break I caved and tried ED on GeForce Now and it worked pretty well so I upgraded to Odyssey and have to say that I have a serious problem with this game. How the h*** am I supposed to go on exploring when I want to land on every atmospheric world with biology signs, then scan all the plants and roam around?? In Horizons, I could honk, scan a couple planets and move on. Now? Can't do that! Oooo atmospheric world with 5 biology?? I'm there! This little exploration trip is going to take forever! Also, a bit concerned I'm gonna get eaten by these rogue signals I keep seeing.....
That's what I've been saying... was trying to get out to meet the Stargoid when it still required navigating the Col Sector to see it but I just couldn't get to it with all the stops that presented themselves, I don't think I even made it quarter way there... Ended up having to turn back to the bubble to see it and then it was task to keep moving.. some real nice sights to be taken in. Glad you're enjoying it. o7

That's what I've been saying... was trying to get out to meet the Stargoid when it still required navigating the Col Sector to see it but I just couldn't get to it with all the stops that presented themselves, I don't think I even made it quarter way there... Ended up having to turn back to the bubble to see it and then it was task to keep moving.. some real nice sights to be taken in. Glad you're enjoying it. o7
While I would still prefer to play this on my Xbox (assuming it would ever run well) I am enjoying it through GeForce and it's working surprisingly well. No complaints, aside from all the sights to see!

Top Bottom