GalNet Round Up - 17 February 3309

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings ethereal consciousnesses trapped in corporeal eidolons forced to wander this limited universe, and welcome to another GalNet News round up!

GalNetRoundUp17023309.png

AEGIS RETURNS - 13 February 3309
Guess who's back. Back again. Aegis is back. Tell a friend. The mighty superpowers of the Milky Way have joined together like some kind of cheesy anime robot to bring everyone's favourite anti-xeno organisation back together. Professor Alba Tesreau and her impossible to pronounce surname will be taking the reigns of the reformed group and will be looking to casually brush all the claims of incompetence that got them disbanded last year under a really big rug and pretend it never happened. As is tradition.

Their first port of call will be working with top engineers to find a way for pilot ships to get through that pesky cloud of swirling doom that make up the maelstroms, so we can all get a greater look at the incomprehensible cosmic horrors that lurk within.

THARGOIDS DEVASTATE WITCH HEAD ENCLAVE - 16 February 3309
In a shocking twist the Thargoids have begun attacking the Witch Head Nebula, the place populated specifically to monitor Thargoid barnacle sites. We questioned a couple of innocent bystanders, one of which said "I had no idea living around Thargoid barnacle sites would put us at risk of meeting Thargoids!" and the other one was quoted as saying "AGH! OH NO! NO NO NO NO NOAARAraaa___" but then sadly ran into technical difficulties before they could finish.

PRINCESS AISLING ‘UNDERSTOOD RISK OF SPEAKING OUT’ - 17 February 3309
The blue haired cooperation activist Aisling Duval has spoken to press, media and a bloke with a totally legit podcast about her decision to make Aegis happen again with Imperial help. She has highlighted that attempting to end Armageddon from giant spikey things that look like something from the movie Krull is a good reason to actually start working with others again. Her favourite critic Hadrian Duval responded to the news with "Yeah she's stopping us all die but I still don't like her so nyeh". Whether this turns out to be a good move by Aisling or an excuse for the Empress to remove some competition remains to be seen. The maniacal laughter coming from the throne room is a little unnerving though.

That's it for this week, we'll be back next time, assuming reality hasn't collapsed in on itself from the pressure of satiating our ever demanding need for existence.

I may join the anti-xeno campaign myself at some point. I'm ready to do my part and become a citizen. The only good bug is a dead bug. Hoo rah. Aegis roughnecks rah.

Esepcially if they land and we can take them on on-foot. See them up close and personal. Come on you apes! You wanna live forever?

I may join the anti-xeno campaign myself at some point. I'm ready to do my part and become a citizen. The only good bug is a dead bug. Hoo rah. Aegis roughnecks rah.

Esepcially if they land and we can take them on on-foot. See them up close and personal. Come on you apes! You wanna live forever?
Yes/maybe/No *

*Delete as appropriate after terms and conditions are explained

@Paul_Crowther bonus likes for the Glaive

THARGOIDS DEVASTATE WITCH HEAD ENCLAVE - 16 February 3309
In a shocking twist the Thargoids have begun attacking the Witch Head Nebula, the place populated specifically to monitor Thargoid barnacle sites. We questioned a couple of innocent bystanders, one of which said "I had no idea living around Thargoid barnacle sites would put us at risk of meeting Thargoids!" and the other one was quoted as saying "AGH! OH NO! NO NO NO NO NOAARAraaa___" but then sadly ran into technical difficulties before they could finish.

No kidding!
We've built infrastructure to monitor their own... multiple organizations to hunt them down and kill them.... and multiple genocide attempts.... lets face it.

The Great Old Ones were provoked by Humanity :(

Top Bottom