7 animals that you desperately need in the game

What are your top 7 habitat animals?

Don’t think of the most popular species in the community.

Name 7 species that YOU just simply can not live without and would make this game even better.

Make your very own animal pack!

1. Red River hog
2. Manned Wolf
3. Somali wild donkey
4. Scimitar oryx
5. Addax
6. Père David’s deer
7. Amur leopard

Last edited:
1: Markhor - like DUH.
2: Secretary Bird
3: Capybara
4: Tasmanian Devil or Ratel, love them both the same
5: Fossa
6: Maned Wolf
7: Crested Porcupine.

REALLY HARD to leave these off this list: Grey Fox / Saiga / Red River Hog / Caracal / Serval / Spectacled Bear / Generuk / Shoebill / Muntjac / Indian Giant Squirrel and Platypus

1) Gaur
2) Takin (Any subpecies is fine to me)
3) Przewalski Wild Horse
4) Wisent
5) Nilgai
6) Fossa
7) Any leopard subspecies (specially the Asian ones)
Though, this 7 species are just a small fraction of all the animals I want, the list could go on for hundreds and hundreds of animals. 😅😃

I think the pack I "need" wouldn't actually do that great of a job reflecting my "own" animal pack. My "needs" pack would actually be almost boring, specifically because it does almost perfectly line up with the most popular community choices:
  1. White rhinoceros
  2. Amur leopard
  3. Meerkat
  4. California sea lion
  5. Hamadryas baboon
  6. Capybara
  7. Emu
But that said, these animals really do need to be in the game. They're simply too important, too iconic, too big to be excluded. But if I were to "make my own animal pack," it'd end up looking more like this:
  1. Tanuki
  2. Grey crowned crane
  3. Matschie's tree kangaroo
  4. Fishing cat
  5. Coatimundi
  6. and 7. some combination of Golden lion tamarin, African civet, bush dog, black-footed ferret, Pallas cat, red fox, giant armadillo, North American river otter, Asian small-clawed otter, or... maybe still the meerkat and capybara
Prior to this last pack, binturong would've been an easy second in that pack.

My essential needs are entirely Australian species, I just really wanna be able to build a proper large native fauna park some day (which, if not through official content, I should at least be able to do through mods eventually).

1. Short-beaked Echidna (would love a platypus, but the echidna is the more widespread monotreme in captivity and therefore more essential to me)
2. Tasmanian Devil
3. A wombat (Common or Southern Hairy-nosed)
4. A wallaby (any would be fine, but Bennett's Wallaby or Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby jump out as most likely)
5. A tree kangaroo (Matschie's or Goodfellow's)
6. Emu
7. A large Australian monitor (Perentie or Lace Monitor)

1. Short-beaked Echidna (would love a platypus, but the echidna is the more widespread monotreme in captivity and therefore more essential to me)
2. Tasmanian Devil
3. A wombat (Common or Southern Hairy-nosed)
4. A wallaby (any would be fine, but Bennett's Wallaby or Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby jump out as most likely)
5. A tree kangaroo (Matschie's or Goodfellow's)
6. Emu
7. A large Australian monitor (Perentie or Lace Monitor)

I hope you don't mind me pilfering most of this because you really are speaking to the heart for me. I think there's a few I'd switch out personally, but I would be far far from mad to receive this pack from Frontier!

My own list would be more like:
1. Short-beaked echidna
2. Tasmanian devil.
3. Yellow-footed rock-wallaby.
4. Lyrebird.
5. Platypus.
6. Perentie.
7. Little penguin.

My silly little dream species for the game would be a leopard seal, I think--but that's purely for my own nostalgia. I can remember as a tiny kid sitting next to the glass watching the only one in the world swimming lazily in that uncannily blue water and, for me, that's kind of the platonic ideal of my zoo memories. I don't think it's likely to ever be added in Planet Zoo, but if you asked me to name one species I'd love more than any other, that would be it.

My most wanted animals would have to be those I've seen in a lot of Australian zoos so strap in.

1. Meerkat
2. Southern White Rhinoceros
3. Tasmanian Devil
4. Emu (Easy to make but really important to me)
5. Asian Small-Clawed Otter
6. American Alligator
7. Siamang

There are so many animals that I wanted to include, but alas, I am limited to seven

My most wanted animals would have to be those I've seen in a lot of Australian zoos so strap in.

1. Meerkat
2. Southern White Rhinoceros
3. Tasmanian Devil
4. Emu (Easy to make but really important to me)
5. Asian Small-Clawed Otter
6. American Alligator
7. Siamang

There are so many animals that I wanted to include, but alas, I am limited to seven
Actually Emu's really don't ;look and behave very different from Ostrich and Cassowary, American Alligators are easier to create than Emu by far.

Top Bottom