70 ly anaconda...

"tramp" has been built for the long range stuff, I want that explorer elite as well as the other two, i'd also like to use it on the long passenger missions.
heres the problem.
in so many of those the passenger is "secretive" and cant be scanned so leaving the station I've either got to try silent running or be able to boost out of range. "tramp" wont afterburn.
its got a 5b powerplant engineered to give 26 watts... more than enough to run the ship and its got a similar level capacitor and 6d thrusters.
what am I missing?

I am not sure what your question is. Can you be more specific and link to your build on Coriolis or EDSY?

Generally, using a single ship for everything is always going to mean that it is not optimized for anything. Specialized ships will work much better for specific tasks. Fit some heat sinks and deploy them proactively if you don't want to get scanned. Heat sink ammo is 25 cr a pop.

I am not sure what your question is. Can you be more specific and link to your build on Coriolis or EDSY?

Generally, using a single ship for everything is always going to mean that it is not optimized for anything. Specialized ships will work much better for specific tasks. Fit some heat sinks and deploy them proactively if you don't want to get scanned. Heat sink ammo is 25 cr a pop.
question being what are the minimums in powerplant and capacitor to get that afterburn running. tramp uses 16 watts across all systems.

question being what are the minimums in powerplant and capacitor to get that afterburn running. tramp uses 16 watts across all systems.
The power plant is irrelevant. What is relevant for boosting is the distributor engine capacitor. If it is large enough, you can boost. If it is smaller, you cannot.
There are two ways to increase the capacitor, either engineer the power distributor with something that increases the capacitor size or buy a larger distributor.

tramp uses 16 watts across all systems.
Those are megawatts I assume. 16 watts is not enough to run a standard light bulb.

Edit: I also strongly recommend playing around with your build on Coriolis or EDSY before putting it together. That will avoid things like not being able to boost without actually having to do trial and error in game.

Last edited:
As a side thought...

If you are running passenger missions out of Robigo to Sirius Atmospherics, you don't need to worry about getting scanned... It never happens there...

As another side thought.... Boosting will increase your heat sig and make you more likely to be scanned. Better to build a cool ship. If you are below about 25% heat sig, you won't get scanned anyway...

And agree with the above post. Pop a heat sink as you go through the slot... Cheap, easy and can be synthed if need be... I don't get people who use silent running. I've Never found a need to do that with the right ship.

Yes it does. Although rarely at Robigo Mines (but it does happen).
He'd probably get scanned at the mines if he was waiting for docking permission in his 'conda (as it's an outpost without L pads)

what am I missing?
The right ship for the job ;) If you want to do long range pax with dodgy clients then use a ship that can do the missions - you seem to know what's needed so you should be able to update your ship, you just can't get away with super skinny explorer builds if you need to evade the law (though at 70 Ly that is quite a chonky 'exploraconda to begin with :) ).

From the little I know I would recommend to just fit two heatsink launchers and (as was said before) pop them when close to stations to be really cold. That way you'll lose less jumprange. Here is my Kassiopeia. It is certainly not an optimized fridge-DBX but I'm surprised how little she heats up when scooping considering how small the Powerplant is (but I admit, that I have lot of the things switched off). So I think with two heatsink launchers I could get through the slot without being scanned even on autopilot.

Yes it does. Although rarely at Robigo Mines (but it does happen).
Okay. I'll rephrase that to I've not been scanned there... And I've done a fair bit of these passenger missions. I used to pop heat sinks until I realised that I didn't need to. Ship build does seem to make a difference then.

Top Bottom