71 Stop Rare Trade Route *UPDATED*

I started at leesti in my fauthful, A class cobra ... shot down to 39 tauri, then did this route from there till I got back to zaonce... fun times (about 6 hours) and I made 4.2mil on the way... now i have a pretty mean asp and am thinking of doing it again! (maybe from zaonce to the end of the list?) Thankyou for the route indeed sir! :) +1 rep

I would recommend stopping at stations that are over 2000ls, time is money with rare trading, even a minute difference mean thousands of credits in differences, so they are not worth the money.

And yes, skip the ones that produces only 1 ton of goods, completely worthless and a waste of time.

You contradict yourself. Do you recommend it or not? Stopping at a station means going to it.

You seem to have dropped some pretty important stops with high yields such as Leesti with its 21t of rares. Any reason?

Routes amended and Leesti now added.

Hi there,

Great post CC Waterback.

I've taken the optimised route from mitchman and using Elite Rare Trader I've put together 3 versions of the route; 140ly Sell, 160ly Sell & 180ly Sell.

I'm yet to run the optimised route, but plan to do so this coming week and will run all versions to see what the difference is credit wise regarding the sell distances.

Should anyone be interested here's a copy of them: -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vds2anpojvc27h/AAAK9jzzK5o6taJP0aR_yjrya?dl=0

I'll be running them in a 100t Type 6, currently at 104t, but I'm going to swap the 4t of cargo space for a fuel scoop, especially considering some of the distances involved and to save time. Depending on the quantity upon arrival at the stations it might just be a case of take what's available and on to the next. I don't plan on hanging around for the odd 1 or few.

Regards

Routes amended due to me leaving out Leesti originally, also added another version for 200ly Sell. Should hopefully be OK now.

and tranquility in Tarach Tor is 359Ls

Cheers.

Are you running the route?

I'm currently on the 140ly one, but on Stop 51 as I type.

Putting together a comparison of the selling prices for the the 140, 160, 180 & 200ly.

I have also noticed that Elite Rare Trader listed Kamitra Cigars to be sold at Eshu - Shajn Terminal, but I didn't have them listed on the Commodities screen so I sold them at Goman - Gustav Sporer Port. Only lost 3ly in distance selling them there.

I'll update the details in the routes early in the week.

Regards

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Cheers.

Putting together a comparison of the selling prices for the the 140, 160, 180 & 200ly.

I have also noticed that Elite Rare Trader listed Kamitra Cigars to be sold at Eshu - Shajn Terminal, but I didn't have them listed on the Commodities screen so I sold them at Goman - Gustav Sporer Port. Only lost 3ly in distance selling them there.

Regards

Did you try the black market (if it has one)? Some rares are illegal at particular systems. I have no idea about this one though!

Cheers.

Regards

yes arriving in stop 69 of the 200Ly route now (started at stop 28)

I am afraid I did not record all the selling prices, but can do so from now on if you like.

The Kamitra Cigars are also illegal in Bast where I was supposed to drop them off and I did not know if I should sell them on the black market there or not. I saw the price in the Bast black market was 24557. I checked the price in the next stop (Hecate) but the price there was a few credits lower, so I guess the black market at Bast is good, but might need a note in your pdf to remind people to check for black market.

one more station distance: Tiolce, Gordon Terminal 158Ls

do you want me to collect selling prices on the 200Ly route from here on? I can post them here or PM them to you when I have a bunch.

I am trying this on a Python.

Looks like fuel cost will take a healthy bite out of my profits and the 1 ton items are definitely a loss. Maybe I'll have to switch to economical route planning but that will destroy my hourly.

I hope I won't have to supplement my income by pirating you lot :eek: :D

A3 Fuel scoop - fill up at EVERY scoopable star. I find lots of short scoop stints are better than one very long one. Just keep in mind, a fully loaded Python with A class FSD will still only jump 13-ish Ly.

You contradict yourself. Do you recommend it or not? Stopping at a station means going to it.

See? This is the whole problem with the "I could care less" generation. They confuse the definition of words...

Z...

Last edited:
I still refuse using these kind of tools. Though it's still unclear to me if I'm an hero now, just an idiot or both. :p

I think its fair to use tools when you consider that the game is unfinished and that many more tools should be available in game but are not. Also this is not a tool. Its another CMDR sharing trade information. Seems legit

A3 Fuel scoop - fill up at EVERY scoopable star. I find lots of short scoop stints are better than one very long one. Just keep in mind, a fully loaded Python with A class FSD will still only jump 13-ish Ly.

lol I started with a class 1 fuel scoop, totally useless.
I then tried a A3 I think but finally went for a B4. that works nicely for me

yes the python has short jump range but I manage.

This is probably a silly question, but wouldn't you want to keep a trade route like this to yourself?

I mean, if everyone is trading the same stations/rare goods, won't this cut into the stock available for you at those stations? If someone visits one of the rare stations and buys all the stock, wont I need to wait for the respawn or restock to occur if I go to buy just after they have bought all the stock?

This is probably a silly question, but wouldn't you want to keep a trade route like this to yourself?

I mean, if everyone is trading the same stations/rare goods, won't this cut into the stock available for you at those stations? If someone visits one of the rare stations and buys all the stock, wont I need to wait for the respawn or restock to occur if I go to buy just after they have bought all the stock?

rare goods are rationed, no one player can buy out them all. The numbers quoted for supply is how much is available to YOU. Once you've bought your max ration no more will be available to you until you sell them.

In normal trading I prefer not to use the crowd-sourced tools, but rares trading is a bit special. There is a limit on how much one can buy for each trader individually so that what one buys does not affect the next guy's stock. also prices seem to be only dependent on distance from source so even if we all sell the goods at the same station (and in effect that is what we do here) the demand is always the same.

Did you try the black market (if it has one)? Some rares are illegal at particular systems. I have no idea about this one though!

I did have a look for a Black Market at that station, although it didn't have one.

yes arriving in stop 69 of the 200Ly route now (started at stop 28)

I am afraid I did not record all the selling prices, but can do so from now on if you like.

The Kamitra Cigars are also illegal in Bast where I was supposed to drop them off and I did not know if I should sell them on the black market there or not. I saw the price in the Bast black market was 24557. I checked the price in the next stop (Hecate) but the price there was a few credits lower, so I guess the black market at Bast is good, but might need a note in your pdf to remind people to check for black market.

one more station distance: Tiolce, Gordon Terminal 158Ls

do you want me to collect selling prices on the 200Ly route from here on? I can post them here or PM them to you when I have a bunch.

No problem regarding making a note of the selling prices, I will slowly run the routes over next few days/week and record the prices as I go. Just thought I'd see what the difference was over the different distances. By all means feel free to make a note as you go and drop me a line.

Thanks for the heads up on the cigars on the 200ly run. I'll make a note and as you suggested amend the PDF regarding selling them via the Black Market where possible or at the next station.

Regards

Basically as DaveB & Negative Entropy have said. You can only purchase up to Max each time you visit and only purchase that amount again once you've sold your previous lot, be that at the optimum distance or not.

Rares are well documented in this forum and on the internet. Any new ones I stumble across I put through Elite Rare Trader to get the full details and then either run it as is, or tweak a little. There's a few I run that have been created from scratch on there, but I'm sure they're probably either very close or similar to runs that other players run.

Regards

Top Bottom