71 Stop Rare Trade Route *UPDATED*

I've tweaked and updated the 71 Stop Rare Trade Route that I posted last week. After running the full circuit again I have broken it down into 5 "legs" and show my approximate profit from each leg. Overall the route generated between 9-10 million! :D I also reworked it so the starting point is the Lave system. However, you can jump in and start from anywhere along the route. I still think some of the distances could be further optimized to make it more efficient so feel free to modify it to your hearts content!

Enjoy!
CC

My 71 Stop Route

mitchman's Salesman Route (Similar route with optimized jumps!)

If you don't see the PDF's just click the black boxes and you can access them.

Last edited:
Wow, very cool, I've almost traded no rares, but I think I'll give this a go sometime!

What's the "peak" cargo space usage would you say? Just so I know how much space I should allow for?

-- Pete.

Wow, very cool, I've almost traded no rares, but I think I'll give this a go sometime!

What's the "peak" cargo space usage would you say? Just so I know how much space I should allow for?

-- Pete.
I run a rares run not dissimilar to this in an Asp with 116 tons cargo. I was doing it with less, but then sometimes I had to not buy stuff because of full, or sell stuff at not quite optimal.
It is still well worth doing with less though, just depends on the midset really. I was doing it in a cobra for fun and making loads still but with that size hold you are better off going back and forth between two very profitable rares hubs.

I am almost through a complete round in my 116T ASP and had to sell off a few items early in a few cases to free up some space. It just means you make 13000 pr Ton in stead of 15000-20000 so it is no big deal.

Also, I recommend skipping the stations that only spawn 1T (Kappa Fornacis and Zaonce) as it is not worth the time. On stations that spawn a lot (>15 T) I suggest you wait until you have the max amount. On low spawn stations just pick up what is there when you arrive and move on.

Just be warned if you want to do the full 71 station loop and wait for a max amount spawned, it will take you a while.....

-- Pete.

I have been running in an ASP with an A5 FSD and 116t cargo space. I just upgraded to a very stripped down Python after my last circuit so I'm back to 15ly jumps for awhile!:eek: I rarely ran out of room unless I camped for some of the larger quantities. But for the most part I would just dock and go.

Last edited:
I can't possibly see how there's a point in running a route that long. Supercruising to stations adds risk and a lot of time, so it's much better to run in a triangle or so. This is a nice way to see the local clusters though. But time vs. money it doesn't seem worth it with all that waiting for those low supplies.

Not meaning to be negative nelly here, but why do you do a route this long? :)

Nice route! Probably needs updating now that onionhead is gone though. :(

Roughly how long does it take you to do the full circuit?

I ran a rares route in my ASP but nothing on this scale. As soon as I got a larger ship rares didn't seem all that good.

I can't possibly see how there's a point in running a route that long. Supercruising to stations adds risk and a lot of time, so it's much better to run in a triangle or so. This is a nice way to see the local clusters though. But time vs. money it doesn't seem worth it with all that waiting for those low supplies.

Not meaning to be negative nelly here, but why do you do a route this long? :)

I agree with you there. You can make a better rare run with a loop of 10-15 stations (or less??) and make just as much money trading rares. I just got sick of running my Larcon Type 7 back and forth in an endless loop. Even if i was making about 2M per hour the repetitive grind was draining my desire to live (i.e. play ED) so I had to do something different. The long 71 station loop took me to places I have not been to before and now I have plenty of credits for new ships ( Fer De Lance or others) that may come soon And I have not completely burned out on ED yet.....

Next my Asp and I are doing what Asp's are meant to do: Explore!

I just went and bought a cobra (the best I could do and have trading money after outfitting) and I am starting my runs!!! Soon I will be bathing in credits like Scrooge McDuck!!

I've tweaked and updated the 71 Stop Rare Trade Route that I posted last week. After running the full circuit again I have broken it down into 5 "legs" and show my approximate profit from each leg. Overall the route generated between 9-10 million! :D I also reworked it so the starting point is the Lave system. However, you can jump in and start from anywhere along the route. I still think some of the distances could be further optimized to make it more efficient so feel free to modify it to your hearts content!

Enjoy!
CC

View attachment 9308

I agree with you there. You can make a better rare run with a loop of 10-15 stations (or less??) and make just as much money trading rares. I just got sick of running my Larcon Type 7 back and forth in an endless loop. Even if i was making about 2M per hour the repetitive grind was draining my desire to live (i.e. play ED) so I had to do something different. The long 71 station loop took me to places I have not been to before and now I have plenty of credits for new ships ( Fer De Lance or others) that may come soon And I have not completely burned out on ED yet.....

Next my Asp and I are doing what Asp's are meant to do: Explore!

Yeah I can definitely see that point, gotta mix it up a bit, but then again it was a bit annoying to see those cool systems without being able to scan them :)
An Asp and exploring is my goal too :)

Excellent thank you very much for the time and effort... Will keep this handy when i next get into the game. Has filled in a lot of gaps in my own runs

I still recommand that you rearrange the order of the route to match http://eliteraretrader.co.uk/?route...6,25,31,84,13,36,20,1&name=Traveling Salesman as it will give a quicker router to run.

Thanks mitchman! That route has pretty much all the same stops and the distances look to be better optimized. I put it in the same format as I did mine and I'm running it right now. I knew mine could be optimized further but I didn't have the patience to get into it that deep. Thanks for sharing this. I've posted it below in the same PDF as I did my route. Who knows, maybe someone else will further optimize it and we'll get an even tighter Tour Route! I think I'll do the same thing and break this up in legs as well while I'm running it. Will be fun!

Thanks!
CC

View attachment SalesmanRoute.pdf

Last edited:
I still refuse using these kind of tools. Though it's still unclear to me if I'm an hero now, just an idiot or both. :p

The way I roleplay/justify this sort of information is that in the real space world, you would get out of your ship now and then, go to the space bar to have a few beers with fellow traders, some of whom are friendly and helpful enough to share their good trade routes.
So in real life are you going to say, "no thanks, I want to search the whole galaxy for myself"?
The only difference is, those in game traders are sharing their knowledge with you here on this forum until the game implements bars where we can chat to each other in game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom