71 Stop Rare Trade Route *UPDATED*

I have been working with your first pdf from the other day and I have a few things to share on it.
1. As an ASP Pilot I could definitely be making more money per hour straight trading.... BUT This has been all sorts of fun for me so far.
2. I hadn't tried rare trading before and using your pdf has been easy to follow, detailed enough, and pretty much spot on.
3. I still haven't made it to page 3 of the original.

Thanks for putting this together. I know there's lots of rare trade routes out there by other players but I've been having a lot of fun with this. It's a great tour and I should make a pretty penny once I finally get to the end and sell my exploration data. I set my routes to economical and explored each system that I can as I go and it's adding up fast.

Seriously, nice job. It's helped break me out of the boring trade grind.
FYI, I'm just leaving Bast and I've made about 2.9 million so far. Not the best hourly rate but definitely more fun.

Just for fun, I tried to calculate how long it'd take me to do a full complete run.

My answer was - 6 hours. Non-stop.

This is based on the assumption that it takes 5 mins to get from 1 stop to the next (not true in practice) - from request launch to actual "clang!" of your landing gear at the next port.

As we know, in practice it's nowhere near 5 mins per stop. So... I predict 10 hours at least for a full run :D

I have been working with your first pdf from the other day and I have a few things to share on it.
1. As an ASP Pilot I could definitely be making more money per hour straight trading.... BUT This has been all sorts of fun for me so far.
2. I hadn't tried rare trading before and using your pdf has been easy to follow, detailed enough, and pretty much spot on.
3. I still haven't made it to page 3 of the original.

Thanks for putting this together. I know there's lots of rare trade routes out there by other players but I've been having a lot of fun with this. It's a great tour and I should make a pretty penny once I finally get to the end and sell my exploration data. I set my routes to economical and explored each system that I can as I go and it's adding up fast.

Seriously, nice job. It's helped break me out of the boring trade grind.
FYI, I'm just leaving Bast and I've made about 2.9 million so far. Not the best hourly rate but definitely more fun.

Thanks wolf! Glad your having fun with this! That's the reason I made this route in the first place. It wasn't about how much I could make in x amount of time or how fast it was, there's plenty of other people doing that. This route is more about taking time and cruising or "touring". That's another reason I didn't worry too much about optimizing the distances. I figure someone else would enjoy doing that and I was right. The route mitchman directed me to has pretty much all the same stops with just a few exceptions only in a different order that looks like the average jump distances are much better organized. I'm running his version of it now and in a few days I'll probably have it down as well. That's why I went ahead and posted it in the same format as mine. Plus, as I've stated in previous posts, I"m a very casual player and I don't mind taking plenty of time to "stop and smell the roses" along the way. I'd drive myself silly just running around from half a dozen bases "grinding" credits. I'm still basically grinding credits I guess but it's such a long route it really doesn't feel like it. I've even stopped and taken a few missions here and there as I go or stop and camp a nav point or two for a few bounties. :p

Thanks so much for putting this together. I've been using this for a couple days to go on an exploring adventure, and it's been very fun.
One quick minor comment. On mitchman's route, stop 49, it's recommended to sell Kamitra Cigars in Eshu, but you can't sell them in Eshu. They don't show up on the commodities market, possibly because they are prohibited. You have to wait until Goman to sell them. Like I said, totally minor, but maybe someone else will need that information one day.

Cheers to those who have put effort into these route creations. :)

Thanks so much for putting this together. I've been using this for a couple days to go on an exploring adventure, and it's been very fun.
One quick minor comment. On mitchman's route, stop 49, it's recommended to sell Kamitra Cigars in Eshu, but you can't sell them in Eshu. They don't show up on the commodities market, possibly because they are prohibited. You have to wait until Goman to sell them. Like I said, totally minor, but maybe someone else will need that information one day.

Cheers to those who have put effort into these route creations. :)

Some rare commodities can only be sold on the black market in some systems. As for Eshu, I seem to recall that it's a bugged system and quite a few rare commodities won't show up at all, so yeah, next stop should do the trick.

I'm considering dipping in to trading, doing rares seems fractionally more interesting than straight up bulk runs. I'd appreciate it if you could advise how much seed money is recommended before starting a run like this. Perhaps a suggestion on a trading noob ship and setup, starting with a multi purpose vessel before moving up to a full fledged trader ship?

Much obliged for your help! What has already been provided looks like a wealth of information from hard work.

Rares are one of the few things where it would make sense to even start in a sidey with a decent FSD and 4 cargo spaces, because the profit is there even with that little stuff.

But one could also argue if there is a point in doing it after a Cobra, that is with more than 40-50 cargo space. Because you'll be waiting a LOT, and with local one jump routes giving you over 2000 per ton with no waiting then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore. However, you may have some reason to enjoy the waiting or just want to explore on the side, and in that case it's good.

Hauler or Adder are good starting ships for rares, you'll want to go light, so D modules except FSD. It's a matter of taste if you want to battle interdictors or flee.

I'm considering dipping in to trading, doing rares seems fractionally more interesting than straight up bulk runs. I'd appreciate it if you could advise how much seed money is recommended before starting a run like this. Perhaps a suggestion on a trading noob ship and setup, starting with a multi purpose vessel before moving up to a full fledged trader ship?

Much obliged for your help! What has already been provided looks like a wealth of information from hard work.
I am using my one and only ship - a Cobra. Have 40t space and started by filling up around Leesti cluster and then finding some where 170ly away and going and selling all there. Made about 300k on first leg & similar amount of return journey. Not sure how much I started with but probably had 1-200k inc insurance. After that first run profit you are away. Now have a fully maxed A rated Cobra and just go from Rare station to Rare station rather than large jumps between 2 clusters.

If you don't have an A rated FSD that will speed you up a bit but you will soon be fully kitted out. Good luck.

The way I roleplay/justify this sort of information is that in the real space world, you would get out of your ship now and then, go to the space bar to have a few beers with fellow traders, some of whom are friendly and helpful enough to share their good trade routes.
So in real life are you going to say, "no thanks, I want to search the whole galaxy for myself"?
The only difference is, those in game traders are sharing their knowledge with you here on this forum until the game implements bars where we can chat to each other in game.

I would have to disagree, in the real world if someone knows of some awesome profit to be made the most he would tell are his immediate friends, why would you tell people and spoil all his profit. This info is only available because it is a game and not real. By all means use it but don't try to justify it.

Thanks for this OP. It has brought some adventure back into my trading. It might not the most efficient way to trade but it has dragged me out of the system A > system B > system A grind and I can only thank you for that. I've been running discovery scanners along the way to give a secondary income.

I totally appreciate all the effort you have gone to with this and for sharing it with the community.

71 stop route... thats a long route. Might be more fun than my bi-directional route. Made 100 million so far though and got my Python from it.

Thanks for this OP. I've mostly been sitting round a couple of home systems doing trading that way. Will give the routes a go so I can get out and about a bit :)

Top Bottom