71 Stop Rare Trade Route *UPDATED*

Saving it for future fun. I am in my Clipper grinding to Anaconda (via Python) and after I got it I will run my combat Asp through this route. Sure it's only 85 ton of cargo, but I'll also take a scanner, take the scenic route and scan everything on the way. The money generated is bonus lol

@Eagle Eye: this is what I am doing in my 80T Asp now. So far, I have made over 1 Million CR on the discovery data alone (not to mention the 5+ Million trading), and I am a little over 1/2 done. I have also paid the W&T along the way, and the discovery data income pays for that and then some. And that is using the Fastest method in the galaxy map. When I am done with my first trip through, I will change to Economical and hopefully double the number of systems and increase the discovery CR even more.

Gotten a few bounties (averaging 2 interdictions/night) along the way. Did not add them, but I think all told, about 400,000 CR so far.

Note: 80T is a little too small to do the entire trip. I got full and had to skip 6 or 7 stops to get to the next selling spot.

Good luck and happy hunting.

//Pappy

Be sure to add Lucan Onion Head to BUY at Tanmark. Looks like the MAX is 12. SELL at the same location you sell the Tanmark Tranquil Tea!

Many thanks for this; got into a little rut in the game, but this now gives me a reason to get out there and see more of the galaxy.

This in addition to taking the "economical route" with advanced scanner and surface scanner in my ASP has brought in a good chunk of change. I shall soon have my ship fitted for deep space exploration.

on my second circuit with my ASP and 118 tons of room......only have to miss out a couple
of places, (i drop the the long distance station runs)
This is more fun than grinding a trading route imo.....

140ly, 160ly & 180ly Sell Routes

Hi there,

Great post CC Waterback.

I've taken the optimised route from mitchman and using Elite Rare Trader I've put together 3 versions of the route; 140ly Sell, 160ly Sell & 180ly Sell.

I'm yet to run the optimised route, but plan to do so this coming week and will run all versions to see what the difference is credit wise regarding the sell distances.

Should anyone be interested here's a copy of them: -

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vds2anpojvc27h/AAAK9jzzK5o6taJP0aR_yjrya?dl=0

I'll be running them in a 100t Type 6, currently at 104t, but I'm going to swap the 4t of cargo space for a fuel scoop, especially considering some of the distances involved and to save time. Depending on the quantity upon arrival at the stations it might just be a case of take what's available and on to the next. I don't plan on hanging around for the odd 1 or few.

Regards

Note: Routes amended due to me leaving out Leesti originally, also added another version for 200ly Sell. Should hopefully be OK now.

Last edited:
I've taken the optimised route from mitchman and using Elite Rare Trader I've put together 3 versions of the route; 140ly Sell, 160ly Sell & 180ly Sell.

I'm yet to run the optimised route, but plan to do so this coming week and will run all versions to see what the difference is credit wise regarding the sell distances

You seem to have dropped some pretty important stops with high yields such as Leesti with its 21t of rares. Any reason?

On a different note, has anyone validated the legality of all cargo through the various intermediate stops? With the current fines, you could quickly lose all profits just for carrying alcohol.

On a different note, has anyone validated the legality of all cargo through the various intermediate stops? With the current fines, you could quickly lose all profits just for carrying alcohol.

You don't seem to get fined if you get scanned carrying prohibited rares for some reason. You just can't sell them on the commodity market. You have to sell at a black market.

In terms of making money the rare runs are fantastic early in the game but once you get into a ship bigger than a Cobra you can make more money with a good 1 jump trade route.

I still like doing them though but it takes me longer because being something of a completionist i like to get the maximum allocation at each stop.

My technique is to visit the station, pick up what's there then go out and hit a few USS sites, kill a few pirates then go back for the rest before moving on.

I have a shorter 19 stop route which I won't bother posting here because yours is so much better. It takes me a good few hours to complete it in my Clipper and I make about 2.5 million on the trip.

I'm going to try yours over the weekend but I think with the way I play it might take me longer than that for 71 stops.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I still refuse using these kind of tools. Though it's still unclear to me if I'm an hero now, just an idiot or both. :p

You're neither. You're just playing the game the way you want to. I like to use the tools but I wouldn't say there's a right way or a wrong way to play this game. You do whatever is fun for you and we're all different.

Thanks to the OP and rep once more. I have had your original efforts sitting alongside my game window for reference for some weeks now and it has proved incredibly useful. I had an A5 asp at 74 as i wanted to explore along the way but now i have done that, i might as well drop the exploring gear and go to 108. I havent done the full route as i tend to do the clusters at leesti, 39 tauri and aegaeon in my triangle but it is nice to remember the ones i missed and find some new ones. Thanks again!

You seem to have dropped some pretty important stops with high yields such as Leesti with its 21t of rares. Any reason?

In a word.... "I've dropped a boll0ck".

Well spotted, in my defence it was rather late in the day when I put them together originally. I did wonder why the stop count was only 67.

I'll double check the route and stops and make the appropriate changes.

I would recommend stopping at stations that are over 2000ls, time is money with rare trading, even a minute difference mean thousands of credits in differences, so they are not worth the money.

And yes, skip the ones that produces only 1 ton of goods, completely worthless and a waste of time.

Have to disagree, rare goods is about the flying/scenery and low cash outlay. If I want to make money quickly grinding I do back and forth trade runs.

Rares is about enjoying the ride , visiting places you wouldn't normally visit, and seeing the galaxy whilst making some cash. hutton orbital is the only place I wouldn't go back to.

To the guy asking about fines. I did get fined with Wolf Fesh onboard, not sure if they changed something in 1.1, previously the police didn't care what rare narcotic I had on the ship.

Last edited:
They fixed fines in 1.2 (but it's temporarily disabled for a minor fix) so you now have to be careful carrying narcotics and alcohol.

I am trying this on a Python.

Looks like fuel cost will take a healthy bite out of my profits and the 1 ton items are definitely a loss. Maybe I'll have to switch to economical route planning but that will destroy my hourly.

I hope I won't have to supplement my income by pirating you lot :eek: :D

I am trying this on a Python.

Looks like fuel cost will take a healthy bite out of my profits and the 1 ton items are definitely a loss. Maybe I'll have to switch to economical route planning but that will destroy my hourly.

I hope I won't have to supplement my income by pirating you lot :eek: :D

Use a fuel scoop?

Top Bottom