843+ suggestions an still going on fdev forums people think fdev going to change the elite dangerous game to a heap of stupid ideas

843+ suggestions an still going on fdev forums people think fdev going to listen to them and change the elite dangerous game to a heap of stupid ideas because they aren't playing the game at all to busy starting stupid changes in the forums... plus i'd like to say that frontier already knows what they want to put in this game already so changing things already in place just slows down progress for there next expansions.

Nice sentence lol! Why have a suggestions section then? ED's development can't get much slower than what it is now and in the past. Ironic that the op posted at all must not be "playing the game" o_O

843+ suggestions an still going on fdev forums people think fdev going to listen to them and change the elite dangerous game to a heap of stupid ideas because they aren't playing the game at all to busy starting stupid changes in the forums... plus i'd like to say that frontier already knows what they want to put in this game already so changing things already in place just slows down progress for there next expansions.
So?

Don't think censoring people really helps a company to get feedback from their users. A forum has the purpose for questions, suggests, ideas, thoughts, concerns, etc. It should allow and be free of judgment regarding points about the game(s). I've seen forums been censored to death. The only thing that happens is that the community moves somewhere else to express their views.

Actually there are 843 pages of suggestions. Though there is some redundancy.
Yeah, the redundancy is a bit annoying.

Part of me wants to go through all 843 pages of suggestions and catalog each suggestion, then create a new suggestion thread that lists the most common suggestions (including links to most of the threads for each topic). Call the thread "Common Suggestions", get one of the mods to pin it to the top of the sub forum, and suddenly a whole slew of people are aware that their suggestion has been made before, and know where to go to discuss their version of the idea instead of creating ANOTHER new thread.

Yeah, the redundancy is a bit annoying.

Part of me wants to go through all 843 pages of suggestions and catalog each suggestion, then create a new suggestion thread that lists the most common suggestions (including links to most of the threads for each topic). Call the thread "Common Suggestions", get one of the mods to pin it to the top of the sub forum, and suddenly a whole slew of people are aware that their suggestion has been made before, and know where to go to discuss their version of the idea instead of creating ANOTHER new thread.

And while you're doing this there will be 19 more Open only threads, 40 C&P unrealistic changes threads and 5 system jumping threads

Tip #1: Don't do this.
D_TRgV7XsAET5O7

Very roughly, you can divide the suggestions into three groups.

• Repetition (oh, my, there's a LOT of that)
  • Radical changes affecting the entire structure of the game which will never, ever happen
  • Minor tweaks, which is probably what this part of the forum was intended for, and might actually be taken onboard by FD if they're feasible, undemanding and sufficiently popular
It goes without saying that the third group is by far the smallest.

EDIT: I forgot a fourth, complete misunderstanding of how the game actually works, including failing to understand that it is indeed a game.

I'm pretty sure I've suggested quite a few things that have ended up in game.

Whether FD read my ideas, someone else's, or just thought it up themselves is another story.

Either way, I'm still going to suggest stuff. Like a rebel.

Well I know for a fact that Frontier implemented one of my suggestions, and a couple of other suggestions of mine became reality, but those might have always been on Frontier's whiteboard to begin with.

Lestat

Banned
Remember 75% of the suggestion is the same group suggesting ideas that already been suggested before.

Top Bottom