Ships 8A propulsion module for corvette

As the title says, it would be ideal if you can add the level 8 module capacity in the federal corvette for the thruster, it would be ideal since in Thargoid combat it is used a lot and most of the commanders find this idea great, Thank you!
Captura.PNG
corvette-iso.jpg

Nice idea but I doubt it'll ever happen due to balancing (the Vette is crazy agile for such a large heavy ship so it wont be fast as well) here's a manually edited Coriolis build with 8A thrusters https://s.orbis.zone/gc8d

Slightly faster than a Cutter at max cruise but much lower boost, I believe there are hard coded limits on ship performance, so I'd guess that's what's happening with the Vette 8A build in Coriolis as it should be faster considering it's lower unladen mass.

As the title says, it would be ideal if you can add the level 8 module capacity in the federal corvette for the thruster, it would be ideal since in Thargoid combat it is used a lot and most of the commanders find this idea great, Thank you!

Amazing clairvoyance there. BTW Nope, don't agree, the thing already is more manoeuvrable than something that size should be. It is supposed to be a large cruiser - not a fighter. ;)

Amazing clairvoyance there. BTW Nope, don't agree, the thing already is more manoeuvrable than something that size should be. It is supposed to be a large cruiser - not a fighter. ;)
Ok, anyway you are not on that list "most of the commanders find this idea great", so you can continue using your 7 thrusters, if you really use a corvette, I don't care in the end, the cutter is not a fighter and has its thrusters 8, dedicate yourself to something else :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yea like an Imperial Cutter is so definitely a "cutter".

"Are most commonly private yachts"

Sounds right to me? Unless your getting hung up on it not having sails, which isnt reallt relavant cause with that metric none of the ships are anything.

These arent 1-1 comparisons they are analogs at best, and its pretty clear why they decided to call it a Cutter.

"Are most commonly private yachts"

Sounds right to me? Unless your getting hung up on it not having sails, which isnt reallt relavant cause with that metric none of the ships are anything.

These arent 1-1 comparisons they are analogs at best, and its pretty clear why they decided to call it a Cutter.

You are being deliberately argumentative. The point is that a cutter started off as a name for certain construction, so some naval ships in time of sail got called cutters whilst being larger than the pre-existing rowing cutter. In any reading of naval history and usage a cutter was always a small vessel even the larger types were the smallest actual navy ships, certainly never even the size of a frigate. So yes it is clear why F D called it a "Cutter" as they felt the name followed from Courier and Clipper but anyone with any naval knowledge would have used the term Corvette (even though that is not comparable in size "equivalence") and made the Federal Corvette be called the Federal Destroyer (since it is bigger than their "frigate" the Anaconda) or Light Cruiser (which it more closely fits).

Mind you the fact that in-game they say the Anaconda is sometimes used as a light cruiser shows they know nowt.

Nice idea but I doubt it'll ever happen due to balancing (the Vette is crazy agile for such a large heavy ship so it wont be fast as well) here's a manually edited Coriolis build with 8A thrusters https://s.orbis.zone/gc8d

Slightly faster than a Cutter at max cruise but much lower boost, I believe there are hard coded limits on ship performance, so I'd guess that's what's happening with the Vette 8A build in Coriolis as it should be faster considering it's lower unladen mass.
Yep, the ships have a hardcoded limit of how fast they can go when the overall mass of the build is at or below the minimum mass spec of the thrusters used, the gain a Vette would get from size 8 thrusters is minimal, at the cost of much more heat. I'd rather see the originally teased hardpoints on it: 2 medium, 3 large, 2 huge.

Corvette is fine the way it is

I was voted to represent "most commanders" long ago, and recently re-elected
Well, there are many fleets, and the players are thousands of thousands, it is impossible for them to know you, what's more, I don't know you

Yep, the ships have a hardcoded limit of how fast they can go when the overall mass of the build is at or below the minimum mass spec of the thrusters used, the gain a Vette would get from size 8 thrusters is minimal, at the cost of much more heat. I'd rather see the originally teased hardpoints on it: 2 medium, 3 large, 2 huge.
🤔 can be

View attachment 261368View attachment 261369

Nah, the Vette is really fine as it is.
Maneuverable, Strong Shields, Strong firepower, spacious
It really doesn't need to be faster too

Well, there are many fleets, and the players are thousands of thousands, it is impossible for them to know you, what's more, I don't know you
Well...

If you don't know me

I guess that settles it

I stand corrected...

Resignation submitted

Last edited:
Top Bottom