Community Event / Creation 8WD SRV Endurance Time Trials: An Elite Racers standing time trial series

8WD SRV Endurance Time Trials: An Elite Racers standing time trial series

8WD_Endurance_Championship_Poster.png

Welcome to the Scarab Proving Grounds!
Show your off-road rally skills in the 8WD Endurance Championship!

- To learn more about the main racing series hosted by CMDR BlackMaze, you can head over to either:

Oh no, What is this?

8WD SRV Endurance Championship is a LIVE racing event held over several weeks.
=> THIS THREAD IS NOT THAT <=
NKVU6e3.jpg

This is the 8WD SRV Endurance TIME TRIALS,
being run alongside the main event.

Ok, but I’m still not sure what THIS is?

Well, like the main event,
The time trials will consist of 7 races in various systems. Each with a unique course. Some of these rallies take a substantial time to complete. This is endurance racing :)

Unlike the main event,
You don’t need to be present at 17:30 UTC on every second Sunday (that’s like 3am for me in Bucky-time) and is also not limited to PC.
Playing Elite on your peasant console? Show us pc master race players how fast the console SRV racers are!

The standing time trial takes place on your own time, racing the different locations using the in-game clock to record your time.

Did I mention there's points? There's POINTS!

r/EliteRacers - [Sign-Ups SRV Rally] 8WD Endurance Championship

To keep things interesting on the Time Trial side of things, each course will open shortly AFTER the main live event has happened.
For those first 2 weeks until the NEXT live event, time trial entries will be eligible for the points system.

Our own little time trial championship!

Run it as many times as you like, if you raced in the live event, you can torture yourself by join in this too!

After those first 2 weeks are up, you can still put in time trial entries after obviously, but no points!

Cool cool. OK where do I park my overpriced srv transport Fleet Carrier?

I’ll ‘release’ specific details for each map, in the fortnight they are run, into their own little post in this thread.

But for now the 7 locations are,
  • Moriosong A 2 A
  • Wasat A 2 E
  • Brokpoi 1 A
  • Djambe ABC 1
  • Hyldeptu 1 E
  • Skinfaxi 3 D
  • Ninsun 4 A

Course introduction
All data (systems, planets, etc): Google Sheet

Maps
Moriosong
aQ7QWAR.png
Wasat
Dgh7nep.png
Brokpoi
KHOQhXS.png
Djambe
wuDGMT5.png
Hyldeptu
wUIxuul.png
Skinfaxi
E7EwxxP.png
Ninsun
Ghb9qxk.png

I suppose there’s some rules to go along with this?

Sure is!
And look, I don’t make ‘em, I just have fun enforcing them.

Rules
  • Racers must drive their SRV from start to finish without blowing up
  • Repairs are only allowed by recalling and boarding your ship (boarding repairs SRV)
  • Refueling is only allowed while parked under your recalled ship (synthesis refuels SRV)
  • Ship recall issues are considered pit stop mistakes
  • Only basic synthesis is permitted (no upgraded fuel or hull) - 'tis a gentleman's game!
  • Racers must obey course specific rules where applicable

LEADERBOARD

Click here for the TT Leaderboards

FAQ

• I HATE SRV’s, can I just do the time trials with my ship? Wellll, its an 8 Wheel Drive (8WD) SRV Championship time trial.…. buuuut, if your SRV has a ship ‘built’ around it and that ‘extension’ of your SRV were to make the SRV get from the start to finish line really quickly, I’m not going to stop you.….. I might just put you in your own category though!
  • Did you organise all this? No, I'm just riding the coattails of CMDR BlackMaze's hard work. I've wanted to do more SRV time trials for awhile, but BlackMaze's event cuts out the hard work of finding and testing locations, and that means more racing for everyone... except maybe Sanderling who refuses to race SRVs
  • Can I use VR / a second screen with a map / a printed map / elite console controller skillZ / can someone record me doing the endurance? Yes!
    Yes.jpg

When does it end?

It doesn't.
I'll keep taking entries for as long as the game is (or I am) around.

Learn more about Elite Racers

Last edited:
aQ7QWAR.png

MORISONG COURSE INFORMATION
Start Line
- Wait Colburn Landing
Finish - Stebler Terminal

CLICK HERE FOR TT LEADERBOARD
TIME TRIAL LEADERBOARD - MORIOSONG
Annotation 2020-08-17 105839.png

NOTE
  • You'll need to keep below the canyon wall height in the Canyon Route section.
  • Video or Screenshot proof is required
  • Finish line is " 'drive' past the 1st man made structure in place"

Standard Rules
  • Racers must drive their SRV from start to finish without blowing up
  • Repairs are only allowed by recalling and boarding your ship (boarding repairs SRV)
  • Refueling is only allowed while parked under your recalled ship (synthesis refuels SRV)
  • Ship recall issues are considered pit stop mistakes
  • Only basic synthesis is permitted (no upgraded fuel or hull) - 'tis a gentleman's game!
  • Racers must obey course specific rules where applicable

Race Start location
unknown.png

Race Finish location
h6DEWx4.jpg

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-17 105740.png
    Annotation 2020-08-17 105740.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Oh crap - looks like I'm going back to Moriosong! :ROFLMAO:

So is it only in the gap between now and the next race that Moriosong time trial submissions count? I had a better run in practice last week that I could submit start/finish screenshots for, or I could start by submitting my time from last night, or do I need to go again (which I probably will anyway).

P.S. for anyone that's interested here's my live Moriosong run at 4x speed (note: I do take a wrong turn at one point so I wouldn't necessarily advise following the route I took!)

Just to say thanks for arranging this. It was great fun. Here's my race:

I'll be joining all the future races I can. :)

Edit: And I've just noticed that I inadvertently broke one of the rules, so it would have been contentious had I completed the race! I didn't board my ship when I repaired when I had to stop to refuel - I just synthesised both.

Last edited:
SRV racing !!! :cool:
This looks wicked, I'm definitely in when I can.

A suggestion?
For the actual races on the day count the points for a racer's best (for example) 5 results out of 7?
This will allow folk to miss races (other commitments, holidays etc) without hobbling their score.

(and yes it will benefit me but I'm fairly sure I can only make a max of 4 anyway, like missing yesterday's because I was over 250 miles away from my

Oh crap - looks like I'm going back to Moriosong! :ROFLMAO:

So is it only in the gap between now and the next race that Moriosong time trial submissions count? I had a better run in practice last week that I could submit start/finish screenshots for, or I could start by submitting my time from last night, or do I need to go again (which I probably will anyway).
Technically yes,
It's a standing time trial, so will always be available BUT,

Submissions received between live events (eg. 26th Jul and 9th Aug for the first one) count for points in the time trial championship.
The Time Trial championship being our own little separate championship from the main one.

To make it less work for everyone, I'm taking them as when the submission was received.
So racers from the live event that may have practice runs can still submit those.

It's meant to be more racing fun, not extra work for you (or me) :)

SRV racing !!! :cool:
This looks wicked, I'm definitely in when I can.

A suggestion?
For the actual races on the day count the points for a racer's best (for example) 5 results out of 7?
This will allow folk to miss races (other commitments, holidays etc) without hobbling their score.
I'm not 100% sure how CMDR BlackMaze is doing things there, you would be best to ask him with an @Cmdr Black Maze on the #8wd-srv-championship channel, so you can get it straight from the organiser :)

Submission: 24:53

First corner at full speed not worth.

Source: https://youtu.be/WOawEXwuDoc
Your repair was a close call :oops:

I'm not 100% sure how CMDR BlackMaze is doing things there, you would be best to ask him with an @Cmdr Black Maze on the #8wd-srv-championship channel, so you can get it straight from the organiser :)
I guess it might be worth considering for the time trial too, but I'll get in touch with Black Maze.

I can't get the links above to discord/reddit to work though?

Great work both of you, awesome runs.

@Alec Turner - you were level with Shaye till you hit that flat patch, time wise it was a lot more than half. Gutting and so close to a glorious full run.

Staying low to minimise damage is the way, and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a new Wasat record next weekend.

My own attempts aren't going so well. I've lost the skill/touch I used to have and am struggling to have fun with my attempts when I know I've been able to do so, so much better. Also just don't have the gaming time for practice to get the skills back up. We'll see.

I've had patches where every bounce is a bad one and nothing goes right as well. It will return for you.
Sometimes you can go 40 km on 2% hull and be fine, other times 2 bounces that to you seem fine takes 70% hull out of you.

Gutting and so close to a glorious full run.
Yeah, it really was. To conquer all the difficult bits just to trip up on a flat section at the end ... grrrrrrrrrr!

My own attempts aren't going so well. I've lost the skill/touch I used to have and am struggling to have fun with my attempts when I know I've been able to do so, so much better.
I've been there (with Pomeche and with the Wasat stage of the IronBucky). Maybe go do something else, maybe push on through but it will come back in time!

Entries recorded, there's only Shaye and Alec at the moment (unless I missed it?).
I know there's a few of us, including myself, waiting for the weekend to have a decent shot at it.
So I'll likely wait till then to post an actual leaderboard :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom