A bit confusing......

Running missions, trying to change influence and watching it go the wrong way
All without seeing a single real world player in the area

The faction's State may also be a factor. I think I read somewhere (so not sure of the accuracy of the info) that despite a mission offering a reward for INF+++ to INF+++++, the MF may not receive it during a War/Civil War state for example as combat activity is what move INF during those states while combat activities don't work so well during elections but missions do. Again, I'm not positive of this since the BGS changes but something to consider.

Also check the Status screen on the right-hand cockpit panel. Any up or down arrows against Economy/Security for factions is a sign of activity by players.

The faction's State may also be a factor. I think I read somewhere (so not sure of the accuracy of the info) that despite a mission offering a reward for INF+++ to INF+++++, the MF may not receive it during a War/Civil War state for example as combat activity is what move INF during those states while combat activities don't work so well during elections but missions do. Again, I'm not positive of this since the BGS changes but something to consider.
Also remember; if other factions are also locked in a war, but yours isn't, and it's just your "majority" faction and another faction on 1% or thereabouts not in war, your work won't have any impact, while a single mission run for the 1% faction will have dramatic effect. e.g. a 50/24/24/2 setup.

Prob beating a dead horse here, but why allow solo or private to effect system INF in open?
If you want to play solo fine, but why allow it to effect others game?

A dead horse that was very long in the tooth when it died.

The answer to your question is that it's only one game.

Prob beating a dead horse here, but why allow solo or private to effect system INF in open?
If you want to play solo fine, but why allow it to effect others game?
As walter2 said.. very beaten, very dead horse.

Reason is the BGS exists to create a living, breathing universe which reacts to all players actions, regardless of mode. Lots of statements by FD support that.

That players have adopted it as a strategic "chess game" was unintended[1], and not the core intent of the BGS. FD even said they were surprised how attached players got to the minor factions, expecting them more to gave affection for the superpowers (fed, imp, alliance). Powerplay, like it or not, is the system FD delivered to provide that strategic chess game functionality.

[1] whether FD were naive to think that, or whether they should change that stance given their acknowledgement that players do this is a separate debate.

Top Bottom