A bit of landing fun this Sunday morning

This morning, about 35k LY out toward the rim, the fuel gauge looked like it needed some attention so I popped the Ghost into an M-class to top off. Same old jump and honk, jump and honk, as I proceeded on my route. The honk here returned just one signal, a very small (but not record breaking) metal rich world and I decided to investigate after it returned geological signals. Little did I know she was going to give me one fun little chase.

Her orbital period was a mere 23 hours and her speed around 350km/sec. With a radius of only 323km it was proving difficult to keep the 'impact' warning from lighting up on the cockpit screen, or peel off and wiggle around to line her up again. So I chased her around the tight orbit trying to not overshoot or end up with rock in my lap.

Easing her into orbital cruise, and at 2500 kmh, the ground was coming up quickly and the Ghost didn't exit cruise until 2km from those rocks I was concerned about.

It wasn't 'hard' and it wasn't a 'record' but it sure was fun to get the distraction from the jump and honk, jump and land routine that this fast little potato presented me with.
Thanks, FD, for making me think out of the box this morning as I tore up my landing routine and shoved it out the window.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Source: https://youtu.be/djvCXXLlZzY?t=7

w4nrzGXh.jpg

Top Bottom