A Call For Frontier To Put VR Legs On The Upcoming Road Map

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I make two threads last night ranting and raving about the one finger salute FDev gave VR in the stream yesterday, both threads are popular. All this venom, lots of people leaving, some playing since 2014, could have been avoided if they just said "we bit busy just now with fixes and improvements and console launches, but we will do VR after that" Silly Silly Strategy!

google defintion abandonware -
  1. computer software that is no longer distributed or supported by the developer or copyright holder.
    "those who illegally distribute abandonware on the Web see themselves as archivists who are helping save old computer programs for posterity"

google defintion abandonware -
  1. computer software that is no longer distributed or supported by the developer or copyright holder.
    "those who illegally distribute abandonware on the Web see themselves as archivists who are helping save old computer programs for posterity"
Shame about the servers required for Elite.

I’d rather be treated like an adult and told the truth with regards to the future of VR in Odyssey - even if that means it’s news I don’t like. I’m not a fan of ambiguous statements.

I truly hope FDev will revisit feet-VR at some stage in the future even if it’s not on any current plans - having had a glimpse of what it could be using the camera suite, full VREDO would be an awesome experience.

I make two threads last night ranting and raving about the one finger salute FDev gave VR in the stream yesterday, both threads are popular. All this venom, lots of people leaving, some playing since 2014, could have been avoided if they just said "we bit busy just now with fixes and improvements and console launches, but we will do VR after that" Silly Silly Strategy!
So you want them to lie to you. Noted.

From Zac today:

We're not saying it's never coming, just that it's not being worked on at the moment and there are no immediate plans to.

Uh-oh, do I see some backtracking, or is it damage control?

Uh-oh, do I see some backtracking, or is it damage control?

No, restating exactly what was said before.

Good grief.

A big welcome to all the VR players. Come and join the ranks of Console players who have been told diddly about what's coming in the 'console update' - due circa Autumn.
We have many questions about what the future will hold for us, but absolutely nothing has been told to us except that we were not getting Odyssey at the same time as PC.

No commitment on FPS
No commitment on DPI (currently limited to 1080p on XBox One & PS4 - there has been no development console since before PS4 Pro)
No clarification on how the PC Odyssey KB+M implementation will be translated to controller only input (will it need to be streamlined or will we now start getting a floating mouse on screen? etc)
No clarification on how console HOTAS users will be able hot-swap over to a non HOTAS controller when on foot.

In my head, PC VR is a smaller install base than console and we've been told absolutely nothing.

Pardon my curiosity, but what do you think DPI means?

KB+M is only one of the control options; it already runs controller only, in which case you don't have a cursor. It's extra terrible in a few places, like the map, and definitely sub-par for flight and foot.

On PC, we also already can have multiple controllers so switching would be as simple as configuring both and using either, but who knows for console...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom