A Collection of 3-Animal Packs for Each Continent and Biome

The new amount isn't really five. Exhibit animals take a lot less to create than habitat animals, since they're on looped animations rather than dynamic AI.
Yeah but still due. Seems just outdated now that we got 5 of the animals right, INCLUDING the Red-eyed Tree Frog for that matter.

Yeah but still due. Seems just outdated now that we got 5 of the animals right, INCLUDING the Red-eyed Tree Frog for that matter.

I'm saying it isn't actually accurate to say "the new number of animals is five" when one of those five is an exhibit animal. The number of actual animals we're getting is still four per DLC (for now at least). We don't know if adding in an exhibit animal will be the norm going forward, or if the exhibit animal served as a replacement for the lack of campaigns/scenarios, or something else.

I understand your POV but we don't know what's next for PZ when they've done all continents.
Btw, I think it's a fair assumption that DLC are continent-based with the current info.

Maybe frequent smaller packs could be the DLC route for 2021 or 2022.
Also only limiting yourself to picking 3 animals in a pack is a great way to know what the most popular animals are from a certain pack/continent/selection.

Updated my concepts again to be more similar to the Southeast Asian Animal Pack, my ideal DLC model.
Biome Packs
QTxGgvy.png

Continent Packs
UX3T6il.png

I'd buy every one of those packs. Every one. The only two changes I'd make is switching out one of the desert or Africa choices for a meerkat, because that's a must; and changing out one of the tropical jungle animals for the Asian Small Clawed Otter.

Your Europe and North American packs though...perfection. Bravo!

I don't think you can really put a Musk oxen in a Europe pack, they aren't native to Europe, rather they are an introduced species in some of the northernmost parts of Russia. Same deal with the crested porcupine, in southern Italy.

I'd recommend in their place the European jackal and alpine marmot.

I chose the porcupine and muskox because I think Europe needs some bigger animals to sell. Even though the current populations in the country are introduced, the land they live on is not new for either species. Also, Froniter's made a lot of canids already, a break from them would be quite appreciated. I can't really speak for reasons against the marmot however, I just have more of a preference for the porcupine.

I decided to see which of the other 5 regions of Asia had the most appeal for DLC. After workshoping some ideas, I've come to the conclusion that North Asia and Central Asia do not have the appeal for 7-animal packs. By contrast, the Far East and Indian Subcontinent have a ton of appeal for animal packs. Also, a Central America pack, just because. 😛
PZ Continent Packs.png

I've also updated my biome packs, better emulating the Animal Pack model.
PZ Biome Packs.png
Obviously I'm not expecting all of these to happen, they're just some ideas for how they could work should be happen. It might be better to think of this as a general idealist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom