Ships A combat ship under 5 million, an exercise in shipbuilding

We were having fun building combat ships for less than 50 million but had a request to try it again with a 5 million cap. So, let's see what others can come up with, following the "rules" below.
  • Total ship cost is less than 5 million credits, with no discounts used such as: Elite status or LYR stations
  • Ship should be built with combat in mind
  • No engineering, I'm looking for base ship builds
  • No Guardian modules - basic modules only, power play modules are permitted.
  • Have fun

Last edited:
We were having fun building combat ships for less than 50 million but had a request to try it again with a 5 million cap. So, let's see what others can come up with, following the "rules" below.
  • Total ship cost is less than 5 million credits, with no discounts used such as: Elite status or LYR stations
  • Ship should be built with combat in mind
  • No engineering, I'm looking for base ship builds
  • No Guardian modules - basic modules only, power play modules are permitted.
  • Have fun
But... aren't you at 105.9% deployed

Ok..
So I kept the price down with a class B powerplant.. which is probably good to have for hit points since there is no engineering. Same with the B FSD

..And then since I learned lately that the class 1 cytoscrambler has nearly the power of a class 4 pulse... I put 2 on.... but I haven't used these yet. I had to lower the engagement range to 500 or so to see the effects since these are ineffective at 1000 and greater. Probably could drop down to 1 of these depending on the enemies...

Cool exercise.. I could tweak it more. I had been playing with this ship lately for the speed aspects, so figured to see what might go in stock under the 5M mark... Cheers.. o7

Yes, yes I am. That's why module priorities are important. I don't need my FSD, docking computer, or cargo hatch while I'm fighting. They go offline when I deploy hardpoints, and that's fine with me. ;)

Turning off A rated life support works too. 30 minutes is a long time.

Perma-chaff, tiny profile, more agile than a max engineered viper, over 500m/s, almost 200dps and 600 armour, a shield that restores in seconds, A-rated sensors. Oh, and less than two million. No engineering or guardian modules used.

Perma-chaff, tiny profile, more agile than a max engineered viper, over 500m/s, almost 200dps and 600 armour, a shield that restores in seconds, A-rated sensors. Oh, and less than two million. No engineering or guardian modules used.

Super nice... but that requires unlocking a bit of engineers to be able to buy those thrusters, I think...

Super nice... but that requires unlocking a bit of engineers to be able to buy those thrusters, I think...
You only need an exploration rank of scout I believe. I got the rank by honking my way to Deciat. In fact planning a similar build for fun and cheap rebuy.

Why 1c shield instead of 2c? Does it recover faster?

Wow, I'm seeing some interesting combos here. I was surprised to see a Dolphin on the list, due to cost but you were able to make it work.

Why 1c shield instead of 2c? Does it recover faster?

Fitting a tiny shield that reforms quickly works well on a ship that's manouverable. The idea is to avoid fire where possible, and if the shield drops just boost and jig a couple of times while it recharges.

Here's my Eagle, Gossamer based on the same principle.

ETA: This is the in-game engineered build that I use. It's fun, and a little bit scary!

Last edited:
ETA: This is the in-game engineered build that I use. It's fun, and a little bit scary!
I really like the idea of using a turret on a ship like that; I've not considered it before. As you're zooming by, the turret is still getting some shots in there. I might have to give that a go on one of my small ships.

I really like the idea of using a turret on a ship like that; I've not considered it before. As you're zooming by, the turret is still getting some shots in there. I might have to give that a go on one of my small ships.

It may not work. Turrets have a pretty low tracking speed. So no zooming, else you wasted a hardpoint

Top Bottom