A couple of things that I wish you would consider...

One: I think it would be awesome to have a first person camera on the coaster, while you are building it. Basically, looking at the track as if you are on the coaster, while you are building it.

Two: Stats next to the track as you are building it. What degree of banking, how high off the ground, how fast the train is moving. This would make it easier to make exciting coasters, since I could make a hill that brings the coaster to 2 or 3 mph, then drop.

Three: Being able to add catwalks and lights would be awesome! Esp. in tunnels.

Thank you for listening,

Nathan

I personally can't think of a real use for your first wish, but i think i get the Picture:

Information while building is really important, i agree. But i have to say, i like a bit of challenge. Cast your mind back to the first two Roller Coaster Tycoon Games. There you couldn't even Test the Coaster until the Circuit was completed. At times this made the construction of said Coasters pretty difficult when you wanted a decent Ride, that didn't make your Guests puke all over. The Flipside of this was it made you more familiar with the Way a Coaster would behave. This in turn made you better in Coaster building every time you attempted it.

Since RCT3 of course you could test whilst building, which was a huge help with complicated Designs, and a good way to minimize frustration.

In Essence, i don't want it to be too easy, because i see the Construction of a Coaster as a bit of a Puzzle, and immensly satisfying when you got it right the first time, without changing too much after the first few test runs.

But again, that's just me.

Brett C

Frontier
Moved to the suggestions forum. An interesting idea, but not sure of your third idea however. Seems something to be an uncommon item/feature.

Moved to the suggestions forum. An interesting idea, but not sure of your third idea however. Seems something to be an uncommon item/feature.

I quite like the idea of being able to toggle catwalks. I think they're definitely needed on brake runs. Not too bothered about lights though.

No one likes light tunnels? I guess I'm in the minority - I made this, it doesn't look great at the moment because the lights are too bright. I wish there was a way to dim them.

[video=youtube;k1B7sZ23DHc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1B7sZ23DHc&feature=youtu.be&t=55s[/video]

The reason for the first request is that I have vision problems. First person would help me see the track and where it is curving and if it is banked, better.

The reason for the first request is that I have vision problems. First person would help me see the track and where it is curving and if it is banked, better.

Have you tried using the dynamic camera while building? It attaches to the currently selected piece and can be rotated in any direction. It also gives a close up zoom when using the banking tool.

Top Bottom