A couple On Foot Combat suggestions...

I've been enjoying doing some On Foot Conflict Zones every now and then, but I have a couple suggestions I'd love to see implemented sometime in the future.

- Looting Ammo from dead enemies:

Most of my conflict zones just end with me locating one or two ammo boxes and hovering over and over through them, trying to not get too far away from them. It would be great if we had also the option of looting fallen enemies for ammo and supplies (like energy cells and health packs, but maybe also different items in other occasions).

I think instead of insta-looting by walking on top of them, it could be a prompt. Pointing at the dead enemy would show an Interact Prompt, which would open their inventory. In here you would be able to see some ammunition (matching the weapon they were using), and maybe some energy cells or health packs. Not all of them would have all, but would give you a chance to restock on different points of the battle.
This would be great as well for quests, possibly having special items that need to be looted from characters, like keys or documents, etc. And also maybe giving a chance of finding valuable items to be sold or upgrades on random criminals and settlement personnel.

- Players Downed and Revives instead of Insta-Death.

Another aspect that I feel a staple now from multiplayer games, is the possibility of being revived after being downed during combat. This makes for a more engaging cooperative experience when you are with a group, and gives you a chance of staying in the area for longer instead of instantly having to die and respawn away from your friends (especially on exploration missions where you might respawn systems away).

I think it'd be great if this comes in the form of a suit upgrade as well, similar to the Life Support on ships after the canopy is broken. This way, the basic suit life support could maybe keep you alive downed for 1 minute at most, but upgrading it could give you increments of time where you can stay alive longer waiting for help (possibly similar to the ship's life support, where you could even have up to 30 minutes or so, if you want to hang in there until your buddy arrives from a different system with a medkit).

To this, we could add a rechargeable Self-Revive module. This could be a single use emergency kit, that can bring you up at low health and then able to use a medpack to heal yourself up. This could come in handy especially for people that get killed by accident during far away exploration or other times where they are not grouped with other players.
This module could be used just once, and can be recharged only on your ship. Rising the stakes of combat and making it necessary to go back to your ship to avoid actual death.

On the other hand, if you find yourself downed and unwilling to wait for your life support to run out, there can be a Respawn option, masked as "Emergency Life Support OFF".

Let me know what you think, and if this is something that others would consider good additions in the future!

Both ideas are great!

I would also change small bit - in CZs recharging sockets are shown the same independently on their status, which makes it harder to find active socket. Not sure if it is by design, but it would be nice if disabled sockets were shown differently.

Another thing I would add is the ability to redirect shuttle (which brings you back from a CZ) to another CZ or bring you back to the same CZ again (without visiting station).

And if player is currently in a team, it would be great to have an option to travel together in one dropship. E.g. first one occupies second pilot seat and all other team members can occupy troops compartment. The flight may be triggered either by pressing launch button or by timer (e.g. 2 minutes at max).

Last edited:
Both ideas are great!

I would also change small bit - in CZs recharging sockets are shown the same independently on their status, which makes it harder to find active socket. Not sure if it is by design, but it would be nice if disabled sockets were shown differently.

Another thing I would add is the ability to redirect shuttle (which brings you back from a CZ) to another CZ or bring you back to the same CZ again (without visiting station).
That's true about the sockets. Maybe it'd be good if offline sockets, terminals and other systems would show only the outline of the icon, with having the inside dark colored, representing they don't have energy. When the power is back on and these are active they could show fully colored then?

And totally right about having to go back to the station after a Combat Zone!
I think instead of having it automatically sending you back to the station, there should be an option to stay in the settlement. One of the NPCs that remain after the combat could show an icon, like if it was the field commander or something and interacting with him could bring out a dialogue about which other settlement in the planet or system is under attack and they'll be sending reinforcements. Accepting it then would have the new Combat Zone shuttle landing in the settlement, ready to take you and any other player (and maybe some NPCs) to the next conflict zone.

I wonder how to implement reentering combat in the same settlement though. Wonder if it'd be just a timer that by staying in the same settlement for 5-10 minutes would have the possibility of enemy reinforcements dropping in (like queuing for the next match in a game), or if the same settlement would truly need to leave the area to be able to use it again for a match.

Being able to use a medkit on other players (or allied NPCs!) to get them back on their feet in a short downtime after they drop would be pretty dank.

I wonder how to implement reentering combat in the same settlement though. Wonder if it'd be just a timer that by staying in the same settlement for 5-10 minutes would have the possibility of enemy reinforcements dropping in (like queuing for the next match in a game), or if the same settlement would truly need to leave the area to be able to use it again for a match.
It could be that after winning the CZ its intensity is raised and there is a timer until new reinforcements arrive. Meanwhile winner can prepare (hack) AA turrets to help shooting incoming dropships (currently one can only temporarily disable them afaik).

I think it is happening somehow with space CZs - as jumping immediately back to the CZ you just won very often it feels much harder at the beginning (e.g. a lot of enemy ships and no allies spawned in first minutes).

It would not hurt to be able to drag the bodies of knocked out opponents. When you want to rob a settlement in a quiet place, it would be very homeless, the ability to hide bodies around the corner, to get lost. My English is very bad.))

If we had a mechanic to move unconscious bodies, then it would be logical letting to move explosives (red barrels). E.g. moving it to the building with 0 access level and triggering an explosion there would lead to fire in that building and attract most of security there. Probably it should use more suit battery, when carry heavy items. And guards spotting player moving barrels should not immediately open fire, rather demand him to stop at first, issue fine second time etc.

Top Bottom