A Dedicated PVP (consensual) Leaderboard(s).

PVP...Pretty Very Pointless, no reason to bother, except for the added fun of going one to one with an actual human.
But in game there are no real rewards.
So, we have squadrons already, the coding is already there. So why not a dedicated, opt in, PVP leaderboard(s)?
You opt in as a solo CMDR.
You have the option to join a dedicated PVP squadron.
A few caveats:
You opt in, Report Crimes Against Me are turned off, automatically.
Your 'Radar' signature turns a different colour (say purple) to let other PVP players know that you are consenting to PVP.

Two leaderboards:
One: Solo
Two: Squadron

Points are deducted for killing a non-consenting player that does not have a bounty, is not in an opposing power etc.

The bare bones of this are already in game (I am no coder I must add).
It would give PVP'ers an in game incentive.
There could be a link to Power Play.
It could even be easilly be transfered to CQC as well, to make that a real PVP experience, and attract players.
It may even help with the Ganking problem.

This has probably been asked for before, but, it would be a great addition.

Thoughts?

Essentially that is what CQC supports - PvP leader boards - or so I am lead to believe.

I see no good reason to pollute the main game with PvP centric gameplay of any sort.

Aye CQC, except that is pretty fringe (I love it by the way) and the last update pretty much killed it.
But why should PVP players not have an optional Main Game incentive?
Especially one that could prevent frustrated PVP fans from ganking other players?
PVP is sadly neglected in the main game, and for many veteran players, it's all there is left to do.

Essentially that is what CQC supports - PvP leader boards - or so I am lead to believe.

I see no good reason to pollute the main game with PvP centric gameplay of any sort.
It does not, it really does not, there is a squadron leaderboard for CQC, but no dedicated CQC, in CQC itself, 'Leagues' there should be, certainly.

Aye CQC, except that is pretty fringe (I love it by the way) and the last update pretty much killed it.
But why should PVP players not have an optional Main Game incentive?
Especially one that could prevent frustrated PVP fans from ganking other players?
PVP is sadly neglected in the main game, and for many veteran players, it's all there is left to do.
That is because ED is not and never should be a PvP focused gaming environment - and it is a fallacy that it would stop or lessen ganking or griefing (GTA Online has league tables for consensual PvP and griefing/ganking still happens). Anyone that engages in such behaviours regardless of the reason (exception being true and genuine in-game rational - the determination of the validity of such reasoning being a matter for FD on a case-by-case basis) should probably be permanently shadow banned.

CQC is the place for anyone seeking true "competitive PvP" and such gameplay should be restricted to CQC. I am not against the principle of making CQC easier to get to (e.g. telepresence from the main game into the isolated CQC environment) but I am against the principle of polluting the main game with PvP centric gameplay.

I agree with @rlsg
What Op wants is some other, more casual, PVPcentric game, like Fortnite in Space. Big NO from me.

CQC is a PvP sport that's part of Elite Universe. It has a star system that only top players have access to, with some bonuses. It has leaderbords. It has more equal ground for competition and noone can be ganked or griefed doing CQC.
Use that.

Top Bottom