General A few suggestions for cooperative play

Hello,
I've been playing Elite Dangerous since it was in its trial stage on Xbox one. I recently got my friends hooked on the game and there are a few things that would be cool to see in the odyssey expansion.

Multi-crew: This is such an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately very limiting. As far as I know, you can't have multi-crew while in a wing. It would be cool if there was a way to utilize both at the same time for the players that have friends that want to team up and give the availability to do both. One example being my friend currently working on his trading ship but also enjoys flying the fighter in my ship while teaming up with our other friend with a beefy Fer-de-lance. Another thing to add to this is to possibly up the number of multi-crew spots on the ship. I don't just want two fighters, I want a squadron of 4 or 6 fighters (player controlled or AI controlled) going out and defending my ship! This will also assist pilots wanting to take their one ship into a conflict zone with more confidence knowing they have a sizeable squadron to defend them.

Odyssey: I'm sure I can speak for the community saying we are all excited to finally get our feet on the ground in the next expansion. I have a couple of ideas that I would love to see. The first one is a social aspect to the stations. I'm going to use Destiny as an example because I think they did this right with the tower social gathering area. When I dock at the station I want to go into a cantina or pilot club and see other pilots there, as well as NPC that can offer you missions with voice dialogue, possibly AI pilots when players go offline, and NPC dialogue that just adds to the lore of the game (talking about the political powerplays or alien activity). The second suggestion is a troop carrier for you to fly your friends from the hanger of your ship to the ground. This needs to have a small cinematic of your wing mates entering the troop carrier space and the door shutting them in, or even having an open bay so they can shoot out. The Star Wars LAAT gunship is the reference I'm trying to describe here. The troop-transport gunship would appropriately be something that goes in the fighter bay. The image I want to see is having my ship stationed in low orbit above a planet, and I deploy my troop-carrier gunship out of the bottom and ferry them down to the ground to do a hot drop on the target, then provide close air support (In the gunship) to them on the ground while they conduct the mission and then do a tasty evac back to my ship in low orbit.

These are some ideas that I am dying to see. Please, Elite Dangerous is the best space sim on the market and it deserves to have these features available to its pilots (if possible).

Thank you!

Top Bottom