A Full Explanation of Elite: Dangerous' BGS

As well...

- Investment is totally unrelated to expansion now, and is just a heightened economic boom.
- The combination(s) of Boom, Investment, Civil Liberty and Pirate attack have siginifcant impacts on the price of core minerals
- "Triggers" such as those in pre-3.3 BGS for Boom, Investment, Bust, Famine, Civil Unrest and Lockdown no longer exist, rather they exist as points on the slider.

That last one is the biggest one, and why a significant portion of the guide is no longer valid. One does no longer just "does activities which cause a state". Using the old system, you could quite happily jump from Economic Boom to Famine in a single tick, just by doing "Activities which cause famine". This is no longer the case.

Rather, there are now just activities which increase/decrease economic/security sliders. You can no longer "jump" to a state. So if you were in an Investment state, and wanted to cause Famine, you'd need to do a large amount of activities which reduce the economic state over the course of many ticks, and as this occurs, you'll transition down from Investment to Boom to None to Bust to Famine.... and likewise for security state.

The guide also makes no statements about the efficacy (or lack thereof; jury is still out afaik) of things like Missions, Scenarios, Resolving CZs on the outcome of wars.

If anyone is willing to update her to current I'll send you the word document. Best regards...

I'm currently in between careers and moving, so I don't have much time. But if no one picks it up, I'll have an update before Christmas.

-NewkTV

If anyone is willing to update her to current I'll send you the word document. Best regards...

I'm currently in between careers and moving, so I don't have much time. But if no one picks it up, I'll have an update before Christmas.

-NewkTV
Hello, CMDR.

I am a representative of one of the largest Russian-speaking factions - Close Encounters Corps, we're at coalition with your faction. We would like to request your document in docx format for revision, updating. If you do not find it difficult, send it to vernitskiy4you@gmail.com. Thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom