Alec, here's the location you asked me to add:

"Mount Wesley"
System: Smojai IT-P D6-2
Planetary body: A 2 A
Coordinates: 72.2522, 22.1255
Distance from Sol: 3,500 ly (approx)
Gravity: 0.07 G
Landing: good
More info: The central peak reaches around 65 km in height, but is not good for base jumping because of its size. There are smaller peaks around the edges of the mountain that reach approximately 45-55 km in height and make for great base jumping (see video below for example of jump from "Ava Peak" above a crater/canyon system).

CMDR Ex
Wonderful, thanks! I've just been watching your videos. I have a good mind to head on out there after christmas and give it a try. When you say the central peak isn't good because of size do you mean that it's difficult to land a ship up there (what ship are you flying at the moment)? Is it possible to land lower and then climb in the SRV to the main summit?

Wonderful, thanks! I've just been watching your videos. I have a good mind to head on out there after christmas and give it a try. When you say the central peak isn't good because of size do you mean that it's difficult to land a ship up there (what ship are you flying at the moment)? Is it possible to land lower and then climb in the SRV to the main summit?

The mountain is so wide that you can land easily on the central peak, but you won't be base jumping from it because it's only a slight grade until you get to the outer edges, like the one I was on to get a good jump.

CMDR Ex

Last edited:
One more from "Mount Wesley" ...

[video=youtube_share;71Fk7TZ-vQ4]https://youtu.be/71Fk7TZ-vQ4[/video]

"To truly appreciate the beauty of a landscape it is not enough to simply look at it - you need to dance with it!"
Alec Turner, January 3305

Last edited:
Quick plug for the latest issue of Sagittarius Eye magazine which just came out.

It features my first full article for the magazine in which I attempt to explain how to drive the SRV like a boss.

Hope you folks like it and maybe even find it useful!

Last edited:
system name: IC 2391 Sector FG-X b1-9
planetary body: 1
co-ordinates of landing spot: Lat: -15.9729, Long: 13.5947 OR (better) Lat: -15.8798, Long: 13.60807
distance from Sol: 575.6
gravity: 0.5g
height: 1-2 km
Availability of flat landing areas for the ship: poor

And here is a video (from the first and lower jump location):

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned geyser jumping yet? Very low gravity planets which have geysers let you propel yourself up to 20km in the air, given decent thruster use on the way up.
I found out about this accidentally. One of my "I wonder what happens when I... Oh, this hasn't worked out very well" moments. On the plus side, with some practice on a small moon, there's always a new game of how long I can stay at orbital altitudes.

Thanks for the share @CapitanAceRimmer- I'll update the OP later this weekend, in a bit of a rush at the moment. Also, yeah - I guess geyser jumping is worth a mention in the OP too - I'll add that as well.

o7

Edit: added Ace Rimmer's site - alas the OP has hit the new forum limit on the number of videos in a single post so I can't embed it.

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet.
Really nice resourse for interesting stuff. Second entry is Ariel and mentioned base jumping.
You put in where you are and how far you would go and it lists thngs.
Also shows PMR and bounty hunting areas.

Shields at 4. Engines at 2. 100% hull. Just before you touch down hit the thrusters - open them up all the way. You'll bounce, so repair on the way up.

...oh, also lots of forward momentum.
Actually shields have zero effect against SRV terrain collisions so you always want 4 pips to engines when doing SRV extreme sports to keep the amount of boost you have maximised. Surviving a long drop is all about making sure you have plenty of hull to start with, landing nice and level and facing the direction of travel, and timing your final full boost so you very nearly run out just as you hit the ground. You might want to save a tiny bit of boost to deal with whatever happens next and, before attempting any SRV extreme sport, you should always have repair synthesis pre-selectd in the right-hand panel before you start.

Actually shields have zero effect against SRV terrain collisions so you always want 4 pips to engines when doing SRV extreme sports to keep the amount of boost you have maximised. Surviving a long drop is all about making sure you have plenty of hull to start with, landing nice and level and facing the direction of travel, and timing your final full boost so you very nearly run out just as you hit the ground. You might want to save a tiny bit of boost to deal with whatever happens next and, before attempting any SRV extreme sport, you should always have repair synthesis pre-selectd in the right-hand panel before you start.
If possible (and not at 100% premium hull already), do a premium hull repair before any extreme drop.

Is it possible to drive away from the base jump at Ariel?

I tried it twice (my first base jumps) and exploded the SRV both times.

Nice video! Generally with base jumping I like to try and catch a few bounces on the way down (for fun and also to slow my descent a bit) but that Ariel jump is basically one massive jump isn't it. I'll have to try it myself when I finish my expedition (not sure I've actually done that one). Also, as you'll see in the video of my first ever attempts at this sort of thing in the OP ... I didn't survive a single one of those jumps either. Practice counts for a LOT with SRV driving.

Qeajo CZ-N C20-15
Planet: AB 1 D (Goliath)
Planet: AB 1 E (David)

David and Goliath are a pair of twin rocky ice moons in Qeajo CZ-N C20-15 with an astonishing assortment of mountain ranges that average 25-30 km in height! It's a perfect place for high speed racing and SRV mountaineering.

D7xuaXbXkAAsirW

D7xuaXbWwAAdbYA

CMDR DasExorcist

Qeajo CZ-N C20-15

David and Goliath are a pair of twin rocky ice moons in Qeajo CZ-N C20-15 with an astonishing assortment of mountain ranges that average 25-30 km in height! It's a perfect place for high speed racing and SRV mountaineering.

D7xuaXbXkAAsirW

D7xuaXbWwAAdbYA

CMDR DasExorcist
Astounding location! Thanks a million for sharing that here.

Qeajo CZ-N C20-15

D7xuaXbXkAAsirW

D7xuaXbWwAAdbYA

CMDR DasExorcist
Woah... how far is that from Colonia? Is it on the far side of the bubble? (EDSM seemingly doesn't have the system...)

Top Bottom