Greetings, Commanders.

I'd like to propose something that could be very useful for us and an improvement upon the current transportation of a Commander's assets than the current system.
It's very much an idea stemmed from No Man's Sky; Where in that game, you have a Freighter which can carry all your ships and materials in storage, with a constant connection to fleet expeditions and stock markets.

This idea, I present, as a station which can actually travel with you and be recalled into geo-stationary orbit, or just simply appear anywhere you wish to recall it, giving allowances to clear space margins around the station's proposed spawn location.

We've seen community events like rescuing stations, re-instating lost platforms and creating stations in systems, but I want to see my own personal station which can be at my disposal, able to travel in Hyper-space and translate into real space-time wherever and whenever I go.

Taking much of the Freighter's properties into account, from No Man's Sky, it can be easy to imagine this as a very plausible idea. What do other Commanders think? Has it already been implemented? I'm not much of a veteran online player, so forgive me if this is already going to be/ is a thing. I just find having to wait for ages while my assets are transported piecemeal to wherever I am a bit of a drag. Instead, it would be much user-friendly to have a station carrying all my assets, and additional storage for cargo of materiel or items etc, that is capable of jumping to a far-away system that I might have gone to and find myself in need of accessing my assets.

difference between Elite anf NMS is Hello Games decided to make NMS a fun and entertaining and playable by the casual player. FDev on the other hand decoded to collect gankers and grind monkeys.

So, which are you?

sadly, I'm currently neither. I usually log in, sit on the launch pad for a few minutes and then log out. When I DO think of something fun I'd lile to do I hit some grind barrier or time suck I have to do first and stop before I ever get to the fun thing I wanted to do.

at this point Im just keeping an eye on the forums in case something interesting happens.

Last edited:
No need for a specific-sized squadron. Every commander can have one. Now whether they can afford to buy, maintain, and fuel it for a jump without dedicating their entire online life to it is another question!

Top Bottom