A huge thank you from Hutton Orbital to everyone who came by our stand at Frontier Expo

Just a quick thank you to the Elite community for the friendship and fun at the event - the entire team were busy all day and it was a genuine pleasure to catch up with old friends, put faces to names we have only known out there in the black by their avatar or here on the forums and of course make new ones.

We will be putting up a few pictures from the day once we've recovered but two special thank-yous from us:

First goes to Dale at Frontier for helping us tirelessly thoughout the planning for the event and across the weekend. On a personal note - working in events for the last 21 years, if event organisers had someone with that much energy and passion for looking after customers, my working life would be made magnitudes easier. Sir, you might not be a Hutton Trucker, but you sure do have the skills to be one of the very best.

The second is to Russell Pitcher (also known as Evenstar). Despite having bought a ticket to just come along and enjoy the day, he worked the entire day hand crafting personalised dog-tags for anyone who donated to SpecialEffect or Hearing Dogs (our two charities) and eventually had to be physically kicked off our stand at 5pm as the main talks had started and he was in danger of missing them. Within 2 minutes of the end he was back raising money for charity.

Of course, the whole team from our end dedicated their time to the radio broadcasts, chatting to anyone who popped along to the stand, helping out and generally making my day a fantastic one.

Congratulations to Shan who represented the Hammers of Slough in the quiz - he walked away with the prize after 8 correct answers, two passes and no incorrect answers. Runners up were Steve Kirby from Frontier and T.J. representing the forum moderators Team.

Many more stories, thank you messages and tales from the Expo once I've had a little rest.

#forthemug

Last edited:
It was fantastic seeing you guys all there making the day even more special than it already was.

Thanks so much for all the hard work you all put into making this place an even better place for everyone :)

For the mug!

I'll add my thanks to everyone. The Frontier crew were, as ever, enthusiastic and friendly and a real pleasure to be around. The Elite community were likewise a bunch of fantastic people having fun, helping out and donating a great deal to Special Effect. A non-stop manic day of fun, creativity, costume and talk. Thanks to all!

It WAS the furthest booth from the entrance, yes. ;-)

It wouldn't be Hutton without a bit of a walk, right? Next time we'll put you over at the next train stop if you'd like ;)

Glad that the Hutton crew had a good time. You guys worked tirelessly and made my life immensely easier because once the event started everything just flowed and you just cracked on with it. Much appreciated for your time the day before with setups. And of course, great to meet you all.

Is it true that the Hutton Orbital Truckers all got off the tube at Mile End and walked the rest of the way?

(aw man - just read the above post, and someone ninja'd my joke!)

It wouldn't be Hutton without a bit of a walk, right? Next time we'll put you over at the next train stop if you'd like ;)

Glad that the Hutton crew had a good time. You guys worked tirelessly and made my life immensely easier because once the event started everything just flowed and you just cracked on with it. Much appreciated for your time the day before with setups. And of course, great to meet you all.

While I remember.... We never DID see any of the community team on the quiz. The devs and server teams did you proud though.

Would love to invite one of you on to the live show one Thursday to take a version of the quiz and try and knock Shan off his pedestal.

Same with other groups and individuals who missed out. Including Kerrash and Jarvis. Anyone missed a go at the trophy, we can do them as part of the live show.....

While I remember.... We never DID see any of the community team on the quiz. The devs and server teams did you proud though.

Would love to invite one of you on to the live show one Thursday to take a version of the quiz and try and knock Shan off his pedestal.

Same with other groups and individuals who missed out. Including Kerrash and Jarvis. Anyone missed a go at the trophy, we can do them as part of the live show.....

In mitigation I was press ganged into taking the quiz. The hammers said "Shan if you don't take the quiz we'll make you a member. so what choice did I have? I then saw TJ was in the lead and can you imagine the universal chaos that would happen if TJ won a quiz, beating the developers and Drew in the process :O "

In all seriousness you guy did great. The biggest cheer should go to Kow who sat the entire day dressed as a "thargoid" although god knows where his antennae had been..

#forthebug.

Last edited:
In mitigation I was press ganged into taking the quiz. The hammers said "Shan if you don't take the quiz we'll make you a member. so what choice did I have? I then saw TJ was in the lead and can you imagine the universal chaos that would happen if TJ won a quiz, beating the developers and Drew in the process :O "

In all seriousness you guy did great. The biggest cheer should go to Kow who sat the entire day dressed as a "thargoid" although god knows where his antennae had been..

#forthebug.

The costume was so good no one noticed it was his brother Simon ;-)

Kow did send a video though which we played throughout the day...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4tX25sRWdQM&feature=youtu.be

Update from the stand at the show. We were helping Baz from Specialeffect and Mike on behalf of hearing dogs raise some money for charity by carving dogtags and giving away Hutton stickers.

Thanks to everyone's generosity we helped raise (drum roll):
£308.40 for Hearing Dogs
£989.48 for Specialeffect (including gift aid)
Giving a grand total from the Elite Community of £1297.88

Mr Snoswell will be submitting the cash from the HD part to them in the next few days.

The SE one has already gone straight to them and is helping the injured, disabled and unwell enjoy the gaming that we all take so much fun from.

The link for Specialeffect is below (unfortunately dog tags and stickers are now unavailable but just in case anyone wanted to top them off)
Much of the donated amount was cash so not showing on there but Baz has the grand total.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/barry-floyd1

Last edited:
Top Bottom